TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Published proof of a 2009 GT500?

DubbsFaris

I have attempted to steer clear of the speculation threads...but I happen to be read through a cool mustang biography book I got for Xmas and I wanted to see how recent it gives information...and it had a section for 2007 GT500, and goes through the history of SVT, and states that the agreement between Shelby and Ford "Ford planned to build roughly 8,000 Shelby GT500s a year for 2007 and 2008, with the option of continuing into a third year for 2009." This is stated on pg. 153 of a book titled, The Mustang Dynasty, by John M. Clor, and I thought maybe this was more speculation, but I flipped the book over and on the back cover is a Ford symbol box with the words Official Liscensed Product under the logo in the same box. So I guess I have to concede a 2009 at this point. I see no reason for Ford to not follow through with this option, and offer some real hooks to maybe even get a few of us that have already purchased to go back for seconds...I'm scared....hold me... :runaway:

Dubbs you amaze me. I watched your delivery thread daly and I think I was as excited to see you get yours as I was my own. Now your gonna do it again? I'm not sure anyone on this site can take another bout of your PSDS. I think Grabber's in for therapy now from the last one. :D

Great info though. I might need a coupe to match my vert by then.....

Don

So because you read it in a book it must be so but regardless of how many times that has been posted here it was just speculation?

Maybe the writer got that info from here?

At any rate, the 3rd year option thing has been known for a very long time. What hasn't been known is what the details of that option consists of.

Is it an option for another GT500? A GT350? An option to use Shelby's name on SOMETHING?

How many does that option allow to be built?

Has the option been exercised by both parties? Is it a confirmed go for 09?

Who knows. To many things can be involved that we don't know. Just the fact an OPTION exists means nothing.

But I will say based on other rumors and things I do believe they will do the 09.

So because you read it in a book it must be so but regardless of how many times that has been posted here it was just speculation?

Maybe the writer got that info from here?

At any rate, the 3rd year option thing has been known for a very long time. What hasn't been known is what the details of that option consists of.

Is it an option for another GT500? A GT350? An option to use Shelby's name on SOMETHING?

How many does that option allow to be built?

Has the option been exercised by both parties? Is it a confirmed go for 09?

Who knows. To many things can be involved that we don't know. Just the fact an OPTION exists means nothing.

But I will say based on other rumors and things I do believe they will do the 09.

I just wasn't going with hearsay or rumor...I never once saw or read a 3rd year option...it was what people were saying...but this is Ford saying this and

That's my whole point, this is a book published by Ford...I consider that a reliable source, but if it was just some author, I would have taken it less serious...This guy who wrote it was at the time the communications manager of Ford SVT...at least that is what the cover says(back cover).

No, no...I was merely pointing out they would want to target some of us....I am VERY happy with my new snake...it's just tempting to see what they will throw at us!

Here is your proof. Just posted by Amy:

"Guys, there is an 09 Shelby gt500, Carroll has a long term contract with Ford, there will be shelby's with Ford, there will be a gt350 some day as well"

Amy

Well, you have to admit that until we got published or quoted reliable sources, it was rumor...and now we have both...if Amy says it, that's straight from SAI-

Dubby, :hysterical:

Wait for 2010. That's the model year change. 2009 is the same-O-same-O. You got one of those.

Okay, I wont buy a new one, but will you helpme try to convince SAI to build my car into a RED supersnake?! Not that I dont love what I got!! I have driven it everyday since I got it!! :happy feet:

Well it may or may not be a 500, but there is some news blowin in the wind that will probably get revealed to everyone on Tuesday, January 15th, 2008....

Well it may or may not be a 500, but there is some news blowin in the wind that will probably get revealed to everyone on Tuesday, January 15th, 2008....

Damn, there you go again Son of GT! :banghead:

Last time I almost had to hunt you down in LA :P

You just had to say something! OK, I am telling now.

Everyone ready?

First, I will tell you cost. No more waiting months to hear about it.

This new package will set you back $50K

It is going to be the mother ship of all Shelbys ever made!

The genuine SHELBYDUDE EDITION!!!! It will put out 2500 HP! And YES, it will be street legal! So save up your pennies boys and girls because everyone will want one and we are going to build them for as long as it takes until everyone that wants one gets one! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

You just had to say something! OK, I am telling now.

Everyone ready?

First, I will tell you cost. No more waiting months to hear about it.

This new package will set you back $50K

It is going to be the mother ship of all Shelbys ever made!

The genuine SHELBYDUDE EDITION!!!! It will put out 2500 HP! And YES, it will be street legal! So save up your pennies boys and girls because everyone will want one and we are going to build them for as long as it takes until everyone that wants one gets one! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

And they will all be lime green!!

well does this mean msrp deals are the norm and no more utterely stupid adm's?....may be so...the gt500 has its perks (its way too damn heavy however)...the gt350 is most interesting...i just might be in line for one...well that or the new dodge ram...may be this whole topic can be finally put to rest

Well, you have to admit that until we got published or quoted reliable sources, it was rumor...and now we have both...if Amy says it, that's straight from SAI-

Okay, I wont buy a new one, but will you helpme try to convince SAI to build my car into a RED supersnake?! Not that I dont love what I got!! I have driven it everyday since I got it!! :happy feet:

Please don't misunderstand me....I'm not saying that Amy is not a good source. However, the GT500 doesn't go through SAI. I would consider FORD to the be MOST reliable source on this, not SAI.

That said, I think Amy probably knows what's going on. :headspin:

Dave

Please don't misunderstand me....I'm not saying that Amy is not a good source. However, the GT500 doesn't go through SAI. I would consider FORD to the be MOST reliable source on this, not SAI.

That said, I think Amy probably knows what's going on.

Dave

:stirpot:

well does this mean msrp deals are the norm and no more utterely stupid adm's?....may be so...the gt500 has its perks (its way too damn heavy however)...the gt350 is most interesting...i just might be in line for one...well that or the new dodge ram...may be this whole topic can be finally put to rest

Dodge Ram?????

Now that is like flushing money down the toilet! :hysterical2:

You couldn't GIVE me another Dodge Ram! They also have the worst trade in values because no one wants them! Then there is the nortious transmission and rear end problems these trucks have had since they came out!

That said, I think Amy probably knows what's going on. :headspin:

Dave

+1, anything can happen, even up to the last minute!

Bah, I been saying it all along. Either the GT500 will be around in 09 or something better will replace it. Simply put the Camero and Challenger will have a very large influence on what Ford does. Granted the only thing that would cause Ford to cancel it is if they start to loose money.

Will they make changes to the 2009? Probably, but I wouldnt expect it to be earth shattering changes. Since I bought my GT500 I am hoping that they do make some exterior changes just to make it different. Although I would die laughing if the 2009 GT500 came out with some big old Japenese Wing on the back lol!

Bah, I been saying it all along. Either the GT500 will be around in 09 or something better will replace it. Simply put the Camero and Challenger will have a very large influence on what Ford does. Granted the only thing that would cause Ford to cancel it is if they start to loose money.

Will they make changes to the 2009? Probably, but I wouldnt expect it to be earth shattering changes. Since I bought my GT500 I am hoping that they do make some exterior changes just to make it different. Although I would die laughing if the 2009 GT500 came out with some big old Japenese Wing on the back lol!

The only changes you will see on a 09 GT500 will be additional options and some color changes. They won't be making any exterior appearance changes because they are doing a lot of changes to that for 2010. It wouldn't make any financial sense to go to the expense of making exterior changes on a last year run, especially if they are going to cut the production year short, which I think they will do. I think the 2010 will launch in early 09 just to have something new to keep interest high right as the camero is being launched. So I think we will see the all new 2010 mustang hitting dealer lots anywhere between Jan - April 09.

They have had the next model year on Escapes hitting in March for the past few years. They had the 08 Super Duty out since Jan 07. So why not the mustang with the 2010 being a new redesign?

I would be surprised if they make a 2010 GT500 or GTS. If you look to the past, and notice that every SVT Mustang vehicle has followed the introduction of a new Mustang by 1 to 2 years, it could happen again.

The other side of that coin is that the horsepower wars are really heating up, Gasoline prices will soon be out of site, and/or not to distant new gas milage laws will be in effect, plus, and i don't mean this in a bad way, but Carroll Shelby is getting older.

Ford might need to strike while the iron is hot, Like in 2010, because 2011 or 2012 might be too late.

--just an opinion

The only changes you will see on a 09 GT500 will be additional options and some color changes. They won't be making any exterior appearance changes because they are doing a lot of changes to that for 2010. It wouldn't make any financial sense to go to the expense of making exterior changes on a last year run, especially if they are going to cut the production year short, which I think they will do. I think the 2010 will launch in early 09 just to have something new to keep interest high right as the camero is being launched. So I think we will see the all new 2010 mustang hitting dealer lots anywhere between Jan - April 09.

They have had the next model year on Escapes hitting in March for the past few years. They had the 08 Super Duty out since Jan 07. So why not the mustang with the 2010 being a new redesign?

I guess it's possible to make appearance changes without expensive tooling...they could change badging or add options that are appearance in nature like pinstriping or body side moldings, etc. Different wheels would be easy to do, and those could carry over to other model years, etc.

Archived