TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Second Aprilfest in NC

Orf

:hysterical2: ...another thread gone to hell :hysterical:

I like darkside's inside 'triathalon' notion :P ...I think there's marketing potential there!! ;-)

Just think of all the beer and liquor sponsoring opportunities :hysterical2:

A long time ago I had an idea for a bowling league. It was going to be called the Tuesday night Inebriators. We were going to put on the bumpers that little kids use and go for it. The bumpers were for self asteem so people would actually knock some pins down

Two drink minimum prior to the start of bowling and drink specials all night. Additional required drinks for every strike bowled.

We were going to try to get sponsorship from a cab company and promote responsible drinking and not driving drunk.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife and I are tentatively interested. We are expecting our third child this Friday (2/1/08), so we may have to back out if the new baby is not adjusting well. :baby:

Also, does anyone know if the road into Okaracoke is finished? Per a recent newscast, it is currently closed for repair and the only way to town from the ferry is via the beach. Don't know about you, but I'm not putting super swampers on the Shelby GT... :shift:

Just think of all the beer and liquor sponsoring opportunities :hysterical2:

A long time ago I had an idea for a bowling league. It was going to be called the Tuesday night Inebriators. We were going to put on the bumpers that little kids use and go for it. The bumpers were for self asteem so people would actually knock some pins down

Two drink minimum prior to the start of bowling and drink specials all night. Additional required drinks for every strike bowled.

We were going to try to get sponsorship from a cab company and promote responsible drinking and not driving drunk.

:hysterical2::hysterical2:

...and the designated driver on each team can fetch the drinks :hysterical:

hey, how about slightly-concave 'trough' lanes? ...let's trademark WavyBall right now!! :hysterical:

Is it April yet?????? :waiting: The Mamba and I want some seaford......

You don't have to wait for April! C'mon up here anytime you like! We'll fix you right up!

Just let me know and I'll clear my schedule, hear? Chris said today he really enjoyed meeting you last week for lunch at Bragg.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if I've posted this before or not. Too bad if I did!

BlackBeauty (Laura) will be joining us in Nag's Head in April. Laura's living in IL - so she's flying out to Norfolk on the 18th and hitching a ride down to Nag's Head with MM - then hitching a ride back to ORF with AlloyGT and daughter on the 20th.

She's a relatively new member, but has become Christine's Angel. Laura's a nurse and has been providing backup tech support for C's medical issues.

She calls C now and then and cheers her up.

I've promised Laura some "spirited" rides in Mustangs at Nag's Head. She's staying at the Hilton.

Let the Good Times Roll, baby! :happy feet:

There have been additions made to the list of attendees.

Confirmed Attendees:

GT500Flyboy and Flygirl

Rufdraft and Ruffles

Darkside and BlackMamba(?)

Markham51 and Mrs. Markham51

NCStangFanatic and Mrs. NCStangFanatic

07AlloyGT and daughter

Mastersmech1 and Mrs. Mastersmech1

Virgil - from the Chrome Ponies

Dig-It

sebecke1 and Mrs. sebecke1

MadManMoon and (maybe) Mrs. MadManMoon

SVTBird91 and Mrs. SVTBird91

Twoshelbys

08SGT1234 and Mrs. 08SGT1234

This was updated in the first thread also.

I'm not sure if I've posted this before or not. Too bad if I did!

BlackBeauty (Laura) will be joining us in Nag's Head in April. Laura's living in IL - so she's flying out to Norfolk on the 18th and hitching a ride down to Nag's Head with MM - then hitching a ride back to ORF with AlloyGT and daughter on the 20th.

She's a relatively new member, but has become Christine's Angel. Laura's a nurse and has been providing backup tech support for C's medical issues.

She calls C now and then and cheers her up.

I've promised Laura some "spirited" rides in Mustangs at Nag's Head. She's staying at the Hilton.

Let the Good Times Roll, baby! :happy feet:

THANKS RUF AND ALL FOR THE INVITE - LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! :happy feet:

That's the funniest commercial I've seen in a long time!

Hey, bro!

Will you be coming through Norfolk on Friday for the event?

BlackBeauty is flying into Norfolk around noon on Friday. MM thinks he may go down to Nag's Head on Thursday, so he wouldn't be able to pick Laura up at the airport. AlloyGT is giving her a lift back to the airport on Sunday. Can you help us out?

Ruf

Hey, bro!

Will you be coming through Norfolk on Friday for the event?

BlackBeauty is flying into Norfolk around noon on Friday. MM thinks he may go down to Nag's Head on Thursday, so he wouldn't be able to pick Laura up at the airport. AlloyGT is giving her a lift back to the airport on Sunday. Can you help us out?

Ruf

Consider it done. Fill me in on the details via PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived