TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Hood Scoop

Mickey d

Ok this is a weird question, I have noticed that my hood scoop is a solid color, I noticed that others have a stripe down the middle, was mine done wrong????

SGT #4899

Interesting look, but every one I have seen has a colored piece of tape down the middle of the hood scoop to match the body paint color. The silver on the hood scoop should appear as if it were part of the stripes on the rest of the car.

You have a very rare, one of a kind SGT! SAI somehow neglected to install the tape stripe on your scoop. I think I would leave it as is.

I actually have a roll of the tape. When I got my SGT my scoop tape had some bubbles in it, so SAI sent me new tape at my request. I never used it since I'm going to be the new scoop / rivet improvement at some point.

That's what mine has, solid color with a piece of tape down the middle.

Ok this is a weird question, I have noticed that my hood scoop is a solid color, I noticed that others have a stripe down the middle, was mine done wrong????

SGT #4899

Did you buy your car off the lot or did you order it and see it delivered? Looks like someone messed up the tape stripe at the dealer and just pulled it off. I know some say SAI messed up but the car goes through a lot of visual inspections, even the driver inspects the tape stripes on the form they use so they don't get blamed for any tape issues, so I REALLY doubt this was shipped this way.

It's your car but I would file a warranty claim and get it replaced. It's quick and easy and, well you can always pull it off again if you don't like it.

-Jeff

Did you buy your car off the lot or did you order it and see it delivered? Looks like someone messed up the tape stripe at the dealer and just pulled it off. I know some say SAI messed up but the car goes through a lot of visual inspections, even the driver inspects the tape stripes on the form they use so they don't get blamed for any tape issues, so I REALLY doubt this was shipped this way.

It's your car but I would file a warranty claim and get it replaced. It's quick and easy and, well you can always pull it off again if you don't like it.

-Jeff

Bought off the lot, the owner was driving it around...How do I file a warranty claim? Do I go through the dealer? I am a little scared the dealers in my area don't have a clue.

Mark

Archived