TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help and Suggestions Please

diamondback

I picked up my 08 Gt500 Vista Conv on Friday night with an Issue. As I inspected the car the salesman pointed out to me a blemish on the door that he said the detailer pointed out to him. It is a 2x2 inch patch that looks very much like a buffer burn spot and in a spot on the door where it would likely happen but the salesman said it came from the factory that way. Obviously they are going to pay to have it fixed at my choice of body shop. My question is if I have my body shop guy take a look at it and he says that he is 100% sure that it was caused from a buff burn what choices of course of action do I have to take against the dealer? What would you do?

I picked up my 08 Gt500 Vista Conv on Friday night with an Issue. As I inspected the car the salesman pointed out to me a blemish on the door that he said the detailer pointed out to him. It is a 2x2 inch patch that looks very much like a buffer burn spot and in a spot on the door where it would likely happen but the salesman said it came from the factory that way. Obviously they are going to pay to have it fixed at my choice of body shop. My question is if I have my body shop guy take a look at it and he says that he is 100% sure that it was caused from a buff burn what choices of course of action do I have to take against the dealer? What would you do?

Fix it at the shop of your choice and send the dealer the bill. Other than maybe a free oil change or something like that, pursuing punitive damages will only amount to a waste of your time.

JMO.

Choices of action for what? They said they would fix it. They pointed it out to you before taking delivery. Your choices were to either accept it and have them pay to fix it or just refuse to accept it and not take delivery.

Since you elected to take delivery and accepted the fact they said they would fix it then you made your choice.

What other choices could there be? You either accept it and work out any issues prior to taking delivery or just refuse to take the car and find another one. Those are pretty much your choices.

Choices of action for what? They said they would fix it. They pointed it out to you before taking delivery. Your choices were to either accept it and have them pay to fix it or just refuse to accept it and not take delivery.

Since you elected to take delivery and accepted the fact they said they would fix it then you made your choice.

What other choices could there be? You either accept it and work out any issues prior to taking delivery or just refuse to take the car and find another one. Those are pretty much your choices.

I agree. At this point, regardless if factory or dealer caused, you accepted the car under those terms. It is now yours, so only recourse is to get it fixed to your liking! Just my .02

ok... sorry for not explaing the whole story and my feelings on this. I am thinking if it was the factories fault I have no issues and accept the terms but if it was their fault, and since I did pay an ADM(if I didnt pay the ADM I probaly would let it go also) I feel they should be responsible for some compensation as far as my time and also now technicaly not having a 100% new factory car which I ordered. Anyone relate?

ok... sorry for not explaing the whole story and my feelings on this. I am thinking if it was the factories fault I have no issues and accept the terms but if it was their fault, and since I did pay an ADM(if I didnt pay the ADM I probaly would let it go also) I feel they should be responsible for some compensation as far as my time and also now technicaly not having a 100% new factory car which I ordered. Anyone relate?

Diamondback, I see your in milwaukee as well! I know what you are saying there were some problems with my black vert upon delivery and I let it slide because I was worried it would get screwed up worse. You would think for what we pay over and above m.s.r.p. these people would be a little more careful? It is a good thing though that they showed you up front and are willing to take care of it. I know of a GT500 that Russ Darrow Ford..."no longer" now it Mitsubishi delivered knowing it had a scratch in the hood, my friend worked there and they never told the owner. I kinda try to keep up on the 500's here in Milwaukee and hope to see your vert at one of the Ford shows this summer! Your going to love it once you can drive it!!

At this point either way I think you are SOL because you took delivery accepting it the way it was with the understanding they would pay to fix it and let you choose the shop to do it.

Besides, how can it be proven where it happened? I don't see how anyone's "opinion" on it proves otherwise.

The dealer claims it was like that when it came in. How can anyone prove anything otherwise? Just because someone else "thinks" it was the dealer over the factory?

The time to have settled anything was before taking delivery and accepting it the way it was regardless of where it happened. Either way, it happened. Stuff happens. You had to decide whether to take it like that or not. If you were concerned about where it happened and feel the dealer should compensate something if it happened there instead of the factory, the time to have settled that would have been prior to taking delivery. It is a little late to go back after fact after they pointed it out and you had choices at that time to accept it or not.

I know if it were me and it bothered me that much I would have just left it and let them get me another one or go find another one myself.

Naturally I haven't seen and even if I did there would be no way of knowing whether it happened at the dealer or the factory, but I do see this stuff a lot and it happens a lot at the factory. My bumper has a blemish in it as well and I know it didn't happen at the dealer because I was here when it came in. Also, I can't imagine why any dealer would use a buffer on a brand new car. There is no reason to unless they were trying to buff out a scratch in the paint. Something that is common at the factory. You should see some of the cars that our body shop gets from the Mitsubishi plant by us. I'm talking MAJOR damage on new cars that they bring to us to repair. They get fixed, shipped out to the dealers and no one ever knows about it. The factory certainly never tells us about it.

At this point either way I think you are SOL because you took delivery accepting it the way it was with the understanding they would pay to fix it and let you choose the shop to do it.

Besides, how can it be proven where it happened? I don't see how anyone's "opinion" on it proves otherwise.

The dealer claims it was like that when it came in. How can anyone prove anything otherwise? Just because someone else "thinks" it was the dealer over the factory?

The time to have settled anything was before taking delivery and accepting it the way it was regardless of where it happened. Either way, it happened. Stuff happens. You had to decide whether to take it like that or not. If you were concerned about where it happened and feel the dealer should compensate something if it happened there instead of the factory, the time to have settled that would have been prior to taking delivery. It is a little late to go back after fact after they pointed it out and you had choices at that time to accept it or not.

I know if it were me and it bothered me that much I would have just left it and let them get me another one or go find another one myself.

Naturally I haven't seen and even if I did there would be no way of knowing whether it happened at the dealer or the factory, but I do see this stuff a lot and it happens a lot at the factory. My bumper has a blemish in it as well and I know it didn't happen at the dealer because I was here when it came in. Also, I can't imagine why any dealer would use a buffer on a brand new car. There is no reason to unless they were trying to buff out a scratch in the paint. Something that is common at the factory. You should see some of the cars that our body shop gets from the Mitsubishi plant by us. I'm talking MAJOR damage on new cars that they bring to us to repair. They get fixed, shipped out to the dealers and no one ever knows about it. The factory certainly never tells us about it.

I took delivery on it with accepting that it was the factories fault but if it is proven without a doubt it was the dealers fault, I have an issue and which means I took delivery under a lie which means my signature for delivery doesnt mean squat(at least thats what I was thinking when I took delivery). Since I paid an ADM which is above and beyond MSRP, I believe I have the right to turn the tables and expect above and beyond service and get what I expected to pay for and if not, get compenstated for everything and not just the body work.

I dont know... am I the only one who feels this way? Maybe I am expecting too much, I think I would believe that if I didn't pay over MSRP.

I think you're expecting too much. Let them fix it and be happy.

When I took delivery of my car off the showroom floor, there were plenty of things wrong with the car, but the dealer here has been very (& extremely) helpful with this situation replacing a whole lot of parts along the way and still not finish with 2 months later. I just notice an issue with my rear spoiler.

yea... still stand by my original comment. Sorry!

You took delivery knowing that the car had a blemish, I do not think you have a case against the dealer.You also accepted to take it to the repair shop of your choice, now do that and get it fixed.......however, if the repair shop of your choice doesn't fix it to your satisfaction, it would then be between you and the repair shop, not you and the dealer.......this is how the dealer was flexible in allowing you to pick where to fix it and at the same time transfered the liability of such repair to you! :banghead:

You took delivery knowing that the car had a blemish, I do not think you have a case against the dealer.You also accepted to take it to the repair shop of your choice, now do that and get it fixed.......however, if the repair shop of your choice doesn't fix it to your satisfaction, it would then be between you and the repair shop, not you and the dealer.......this is how the dealer was flexible in allowing you to pick where to fix it and at the same time transfered the liability of such repair to you! :banghead:

Hmm... good point! Well I guess majority rules and thats why I asked the question here to see what kind of responce I would get Thanks to all! I guess I will have my body repair guy do the job and have him do a few extras for me like the lightbar and some other jobs installing some of the extras I got for the car. Too bad I like the car more without the stripes or I could have had that thrown into the "blemish repair job estimate" also. :happy feet:

Archived