TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ok, so how often do you get pulled over?

chuckstang

After reading through forums for years and seeing the crazy power mods, I assume you guys most get busted for speeding ALOT.

I say this because I know 90% of the owners spend more time on the street than the track LOL

I was pulled over last week on a main 4 lane road where the speed limit is mostly 45mph although should be 55mph and well near the set of lights it drops to 35.

Im at the light, it turns green, I mash it, slam 2nd and thats it, I stopped, mainly because 2nd would take me to very, very illegal speeds and I value my life. But too my dismay, some dam Charger cop car was sitting a ways down and nailed me with Laser.

My V1 went off, but I was not going fast, whatever 1st tops out at, so the officer walks up, just asks for my stuff, then comes back with a $150 ticket for doing 50 in a 35. I just looked at him and said, come on are you kidding me, I told him that I thought the limit was 45 and he just went on to say it is down the way but you were doing 50 anyway.

What a tool of a cop he was, there were no other cars around, I wasn't doing anything dangerous, ahhhh so I sent in the appeal and well see how it goes when I try to get them to lower my fine since I can't really argue about the speed I was going since it was Laser.

Lets hear your stories, Im a saint compared to many of your drivers hahah, so I expect some good ones!

After reading through forums for years and seeing the crazy power mods, I assume you guys most get busted for speeding ALOT.

I say this because I know 90% of the owners spend more time on the street than the track LOL

I was pulled over last week on a main 4 lane road where the speed limit is mostly 45mph although should be 55mph and well near the set of lights it drops to 35.

Im at the light, it turns green, I mash it, slam 2nd and thats it, I stopped, mainly because 2nd would take me to very, very illegal speeds and I value my life. But too my dismay, some dam Charger cop car was sitting a ways down and nailed me with Laser.

My V1 went off, but I was not going fast, whatever 1st tops out at, so the officer walks up, just asks for my stuff, then comes back with a $150 ticket for doing 50 in a 35. I just looked at him and said, come on are you kidding me, I told him that I thought the limit was 45 and he just went on to say it is down the way but you were doing 50 anyway.

What a tool of a cop he was, there were no other cars around, I wasn't doing anything dangerous, ahhhh so I sent in the appeal and well see how it goes when I try to get them to lower my fine since I can't really argue about the speed I was going since it was Laser.

Lets hear your stories, Im a saint compared to many of your drivers hahah, so I expect some good ones!

Just buy all the local cops off and it won't be a problem. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

HSURB

Just buy all the local cops off and it won't be a problem. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

HSURB

a:Just buy all the local cops off and it won't be a problem.

OR

b: join em as in IE my wife is a cop ... Hell .. I just put her badge on ... throw a few walkie talkies in front seat .... hang some cuffs over my mirror and the cops think im KITT coming right at em ...

DONT WANT TO MESS WITH MR KNIGHT RIDER :hysterical2:

a:Just buy all the local cops off and it won't be a problem.

OR

b: join em as in IE my wife is a cop ... Hell .. I just put her badge on ... throw a few walkie talkies in front seat .... hang some cuffs over my mirror and the cops think im KITT coming right at em ...

DONT WANT TO MESS WITH MR KNIGHT RIDER :hysterical2:

hmmmmmm......I may have to consider trading mine for a black one. :hysterical:

Over 10,000 miles and I've never been pulled over in my car. I have been pulled over in my Truck and asked 50 questions about my car. No tickets, no violations They just wanted to ask about my car. I've got afriend that has a Blue over White that has gotten 2 and he has less then 8000 miles, His is totally stock!!

WTF!!!!! I guess everyone is more lucky than you and I Chuck or they just don't want to admit to getting nabbed :headspin:

Since I got my GT500 I've been pulled over 4 times:

1) 80 in a 50 by radar head-on, got a ticket...

2) 85 in a 65 by Airplane, gave me a warning but no ticket

3) Pulled over for no plate (B4 I got them), driving late night on a back road and came up on a cop car, he pulled over forcing me to pass him, he wanted to run my plate but I didn't have them yet and I took off the dealer paper plate so he just pulled me over to check me and the car out. No ticket.

4) This is a doozie, 130 in a 65 by the cops estimate...Arrested for reckless driving, car was towed away...The cop was trying to catch up to me the whole time he was in pursuit w/o his lights on, he was over 1/3 to 1/2 a mile behind me the whole time and as soon as he realized that I was pulling away from him and he wasn't going to catch up to me he turned on his lights and I yielded to his lights. When he pulled me out of the car and told me he was arresting me for reckless driving I asked him how fast I was going and he replied "120", when I got a copy of his report my speed went up to 130 which just happens to be double the speed limit...He wrote in his report that I "changed lanes w/o signaling" which I didn't and he also said that I passed several cars "at speed" which I didn't. Was I driving over 100 mph, yes, which is an Excessive Speed charge but the cop wanted more than that so he lied on his report to support the reckless charge. I didn't fight it, what's the point, cops word against mine and you know how that goes. This is a hoot, in his report he noted, "the suspect was driving a 2007 Shelby Cobra GT500"...Not a Shelby, not a Cobra and not just a GT500, but a Shelby Cobra GT500...

Since my reckless ticket I haven't been pulled over, it's been 10 months now. Have I broken the law by speeding since then(?), what do you think? :hysterical:

prick cop pulled me over for no front plate........California Highway patrol..........so I zipped tighted it on, got it signed off and removed my plate....lol.........no way a front plate is going on and staying on, not even hear in Cali.

I'm fortunate to live in a relatively small town and know most of the cops through the dealership I work at. Since owning my GT500 I've been pulled over 3 times.

Once because I did a 360* on Highway 12 outside of the dealership when leaving. (No ticket, just a warning to "chill the fuck out.")

Once while racing my buddies GT500, his brothers Viper, and the local foreign Supra in the neighborhood. 135 MPH in a 45. (No ticket, just told to be careful if I'm gonna fuck around.)

And finally, once got pulled over for doing 45 MPH in a 55 zone. (Obviously no ticket, but cop was curious why I was actually obeying the law :hysterical2: )

Those are my stories....I also had a cop tell me to drive through town late one night and when he turns on the lights to go faster and see if he can catch me :headspin: I have yet to test this out, but I'll let you know how it goes.

I was asked once by a officer if I wanted to race Livermore PD. He was in his squad car.

I said sure then he said no there is a cop up there and sure enough there was a block up with some unlucky sole pilled over getting a ticket.

I cant say that I don't horse around but I have a red car and and I don't want a ticket.

Also I only hot rod in the daylight never at night they can really hide in the dark and get ya.

130 mph thats what I'm talking about.

Chuck ever been in jail never lived until you been behind bars.

Art

not pulled over yet

am I doing something wrong?

Yeah your not driving it enough.....yet. :hysterical2: but then neither do I.

I did have a couple of cops give me thumbs up and a nod as I just pulled out of a side street wound out 1st gear shifted into 2nd just before I saw them comming towards me. That was pretty cool .

I try to save my real high speed driving for when I'm on the track but every once in a while I get the urge to let it rip.

I figure it will be just a matter of time before it happens though especially with no front plate.

I'm fortunate to live in a relatively small town and know most of the cops through the dealership I work at. Since owning my GT500 I've been pulled over 3 times.

Once because I did a 360* on Highway 12 outside of the dealership when leaving. (No ticket, just a warning to "chill the fuck out.")

Once while racing my buddies GT500, his brothers Viper, and the local foreign Supra in the neighborhood. 135 MPH in a 45. (No ticket, just told to be careful if I'm gonna fuck around.)

And finally, once got pulled over for doing 45 MPH in a 55 zone. (Obviously no ticket, but cop was curious why I was actually obeying the law :hysterical2: )

Those are my stories....I also had a cop tell me to drive through town late one night and when he turns on the lights to go faster and see if he can catch me :headspin: I have yet to test this out, but I'll let you know how it goes.

:hysterical2:

I was asked once by a officer if I wanted to race Livermore PD. He was in his squad car.

I said sure then he said no there is a cop up there and sure enough there was a block up with some unlucky sole pilled over getting a ticket.

I cant say that I don't horse around but I have a red car and and I don't want a ticket.

Also I only hot rod in the daylight never at night they can really hide in the dark and get ya.

130 mph thats what I'm talking about.

Chuck ever been in jail never lived until you been behind bars.

Art

No but you know what, jail and fines dont scare me, what scares me is them towing my baby girl away, because you know when you get it back its going to be all banged up.

Got a ticket in mine at about 2 months into ownership. Was driving to have it dyno'd. Airborne, 71 in a 55 while two dozen beige and silver cars hauled ass past me. Guess which one stood out to the "eye in the sky"?!

He said, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I replied "I'm guessing you haven't seen one of these before and you were curious." (No friggin sense of humor!)

Long story short...I get ticket...go to court...get it dismissed.

Now, had they known I was the one that called the FAA flight service station and turned them in for flying too low over a populated area, they'd have really been pissed! :superhero:

bj

:hysterical2: Truth or fairy tail, this sounds like Fords version of the "DUKES OF HAZZARD".

Is there a "HAZZARD" county in N. California ???????????? :finger:

Hows "BOSS HOG", "ROSCOE P COLETRAIN" & "ENOS" doing :hysterical:

Its been a while, but I think I will take a drive through Rio Vista again soon............ :headspin:

Got a ticket in mine at about 2 months into ownership. Was driving to have it dyno'd. Airborne, 71 in a 55 while two dozen beige and silver cars hauled ass past me. Guess which one stood out to the "eye in the sky"?!

He said, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I replied "I'm guessing you haven't seen one of these before and you were curious." (No friggin sense of humor!)

Long story short...I get ticket...go to court...get it dismissed.

Now, had they known I was the one that called the FAA flight service station and turned them in for flying too low over a populated area, they'd have really been pissed! :superhero:

bj

How did you win?

Im fighting mine but just am going to say sorry, I didnt know the limit was only 35, thought it was a 45 or should I deny it and say I was not traveling 50, his laser was wrong?

How did you win?

Im fighting mine but just am going to say sorry, I didnt know the limit was only 35, thought it was a 45 or should I deny it and say I was not traveling 50, his laser was wrong?

Check your States speed laws ?

Just as I mentioned in an earlier post;

In California, radar speed ticket can be dissmissed if the posted

speed is not justified by a "ENGINEERING AND TRAFFIC SURVEY" it

qualifies as an "ILLEGAL SPEED TRAP"...........

:hysterical2: Truth or fairy tail, this sounds like Fords version of the "DUKES OF HAZZARD".

Is there a "HAZZARD" county in N. California ???????????? :finger:

Hows "BOSS HOG", "ROSCOE P COLETRAIN" & "ENOS" doing :hysterical:

Its been a while, but I think I will take a drive through Rio Vista again soon............ :headspin:

HAHAHAHAHA :hysterical2:

Rio Vista is probably one of the closest things to "Hazard" county. We are growing though....soon we may get a Safeway :headspin: :happy feet:

Brian

HAHAHAHAHA :hysterical2:

Rio Vista is probably one of the closest things to "Hazard" county. We are growing though....soon we may get a Safeway :headspin: :happy feet:

Brian

The real measure is if you don't have a "McDonalds"

YOU GUYS ARE REALLY :censored: UP!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical2:

Yeah your not driving it enough.....yet. :hysterical2: but then neither do I.

I did have a couple of cops give me thumbs up and a nod as I just pulled out of a side street wound out 1st gear shifted into 2nd just before I saw them comming towards me. That was pretty cool .

I try to save my real high speed driving for when I'm on the track but every once in a while I get the urge to let it rip.

I figure it will be just a matter of time before it happens though especially with no front plate.

Several thumbs up but No tickets....yet.

I have a CDL-A license and job-wise, really can't afford a big citation.

It keeps me honest for the most part.

There was one occasion when just as I opened it up on a clean stretch of highway,

I noticed a cop accross the highway busy issuing someone a ticket.

He must of heard me . He spun around and gave me the dirty Harry look.

As he watched me pass by, I thought he was going to toss the ticket book over his shoulder and come and get me.

He never did, but I'm sure he remembers what the car looks like.

I need an open track event....soon.

How did you win?

If it's laser and it's been calibrated and the officer is "current" on the equipment and has signed logs to prove it.....you're hosed.

VASCAR has been deemed inadmissible in a few states because the results can't be properly duplicated; thus it can't be a standard for measurement. They used VASCAR from a plane. They'd have been better off watching me pass the stripe and saying "one, one thousand....two, one thousand". The results would be about the same.

Radar....easy pickins. If there's more than a couple of cars around you, trust me, they have no proof that it was you that they "targeted". Doppler sends and picks up the reflected signal from the largest reflective frontal area, period. Mini Cooper passing a semi.....semi in right lane, doing 40. Mini in left lane, doing 70 as it's going around the truck. Radar points at the Mini as it's side by side with the semi.

I guarantee you it won't show 70. Reflective frontal area, that's the key.

Oh, and "sorry I didn't know" won't cut it.

If it's laser, pay your fine and fuggitaboutit. See if your state allows you to plead guilty but do driving school so you get no points assessed. Better for the insurance.

bj

Archived