TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who waiting to get a 2009 Shelby GT500?

JC8

Are the 2009s going to be different in any way, more power, wheel hop fix,

If I was to guess, the biggest thing for 09 will be the KR vert offered.

I don't expect much in changes until the 2010 comes out.

Also, it wouldn't make much sense to change much on the 09, especially if 09 will be a short run. I would think they would want to get the new 2010 out ASAP to be ready in time when the camero hits.

So I look to see the 2010 very early in 09.

Pure speculation on my part.

Who says there will be a 2009? I heard 2008 is the last year.

Rumors say 09

Ford always said 2007 & 2008

Ford denied there would be an 09 up through June of 07. Since then they won't say. Either they say they don't know or say they can't say.

So you be the judge of what to make of that and if you figure it out let us know so we all know. :hysterical:

I don't hang on rumors or inuendo, so I'll just be over here waiting in the corner until I hear an official shelby or ford announcement. But its amusing to read all these speculations just the same, so keep em coming!

7 months ago I would of said no for 09. I was told by Ford and SVT both that there would NOT be an 09.

Since then I have heard strong rumors coming from employees that work at the plant stating 09 was a go and they would be building them.

I asked the plant manager specifically while touring the plant and the only answer I got from him, twice, was....if I told you I would have to kill you! So whatever that means.

On the other hand maybe they are waiting until they see how well sales go on the 08's. So far it looks like they have slowed down quite a bit along with prices dropping fast. More and more MSRP deals are being found, and even deals being found at MSRP seem to be taking days for someone to jump on it. So with that and with the amount they are building for 08, I would say everyone that wants one has pretty much got one now and if they build it for 09 the bottom will fall out.

Building to many is over kill and would just destroy the popularity of these fine cars!

I hope they come to their senses and don't build it, but knowing how they typically opperate they will likely mess up a good thing and do a over kill on this.

Just my opinion.

Maybe the 2009-2010 will be the rumored GT350 models.

Unless they plan to do a very limited run on a GT350 I wouldn't expect to see that until the 2010 comes out.

It wouldn't make sense to build a new model in the last year before a new redesign is due to come out the following year. The 2010 is going to have a new look so I would "think" they would wait until the 2010 comes out to do that. Which could be a reason for just building the GT500 for another year and since it will likely be a very limited run being a short model year for mustang in order to launch the 2010 very early in 09.

7 months ago I would of said no for 09. I was told by Ford and SVT both that there would NOT be an 09.

Since then I have heard strong rumors coming from employees that work at the plant stating 09 was a go and they would be building them.

I asked the plant manager specifically while touring the plant and the only answer I got from him, twice, was....if I told you I would have to kill you! So whatever that means.

On the other hand maybe they are waiting until they see how well sales go on the 08's. So far it looks like they have slowed down quite a bit along with prices dropping fast. More and more MSRP deals are being found, and even deals being found at MSRP seem to be taking days for someone to jump on it. So with that and with the amount they are building for 08, I would say everyone that wants one has pretty much got one now and if they build it for 09 the bottom will fall out.

Building to many is over kill and would just destroy the popularity of these fine cars!

I hope they come to their senses and don't build it, but knowing how they typically opperate they will likely mess up a good thing and do a over kill on this.

Just my opinion.

+1, my take as well. We know they "can" if they want to! But "will" they is another story! I agree that if they were smart, they should stick with the two comments they made - 2 year run - or - Until everyone who wants one gets one! I think both can be meet at this point. At MSRP, anyone who can afford one, can get one. We still have 07's on some lots, and hundreds of 08's. I think they achieved their goal!

Maybe it's just me then. The cars I've found that match what I'm looking for are still $7500 over MSRP at the least. My local dealer who I've bought numerous cars and trucks from (including my '99 and '03 Cobra) still wants $10,000 over to order one. That seems to be how they reward loyalty.

Ford need to do something fast as they have slipped to #3.

And building more GT500's so dealers can mark them up is ridiculous.

why do you all think a 09 model is in the works they need to reshape there model line to sell more cars than Honda before they slip to #4. In my honest opinion Ford hurt themselves by allowing dealers to mark up these cars and ask ridiculous prices for this car. I got one with the adm. no one held a gun to my head to buy this car so thats on me. But Ford on the other hand got the short end of the stick and didn't even get one penny over for there trouble.

Art

Ford need to do something fast as they have slipped to #3.

And building more GT500's so dealers can mark them up is ridiculous.

why do you all think a 09 model is in the works they need to reshape there model line to sell more cars than Honda before they slip to #4. In my honest opinion Ford hurt themselves by allowing dealers to mark up these cars and ask ridiculous prices for this car. I got one with the adm. no one held a gun to my head to buy this car so thats on me. But Ford on the other hand got the short end of the stick and didn't even get one penny over for there trouble.

Art

As I understand it the profit for Ford on a GT500 has nothing to do with ADM's. If they build another 10 or 10,000 the price to the dealer does not change.

I was told a year ago by someone I cant mention, high up in ford svt, to wait until 2009 to buy, that SVT was going to do something very special. So far he has been right on all he has told me. I couldnt wait and bought my 07.

He right! :superhero::headspin:

i heard 4 cylinder with shelby500 being rebadged as the mustangII..also heard a special farrah fawcett editition was in the pipeline and based on the upscale ghia platfrom...seriously i am waiting for an 09...the 2 i would like (2008's) are adm's of $15k and $20k..know way i am am paying my local snake charmer that kind of adm...when i can get a fair deal i will buy...i look for 2 things in a vehicle..fair price and mileage..heck with camero on the very near horizon and challenger out in less then a month i have choices now..so i would like a mustang..but i am not going to get involved in supporting the college fund of the snake charmes children...

i heard 4 cylinder with shelby500 being rebadged as the mustangII..also heard a special farrah fawcett editition was in the pipeline and based on the upscale ghia platfrom...seriously i am waiting for an 09...the 2 i would like (2008's) are adm's of $15k and $20k..know way i am am paying my local snake charmer that kind of adm...when i can get a fair deal i will buy...i look for 2 things in a vehicle..fair price and mileage..heck with camero on the very near horizon and challenger out in less then a month i have choices now..so i would like a mustang..but i am not going to get involved in supporting the college fund of the snake charmes children...

i look for 2 things in a vehicle..fair price and mileage..heck with camero on the very near horizon and challenger out in less then a month i have choices now..so i would like a mustang..but i am not going to get involved in supporting the college fund of the snake charmes children...

I also look for; good looks, dgreat design and horse power :superhero: . Would you really want to get in your car and look at this every day?

edit to add pic

untitled.JPG

untitled.JPG

I was told a year ago by someone I cant mention, high up in ford svt, to wait until 2009 to buy, that SVT was going to do something very special. So far he has been right on all he has told me. I couldnt wait and bought my 07.

Wow, great source.... but it appears you were smarter! :hysterical2:

Archived