TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wire Harness TSB popped up on my Oasis Report

Grabber

Not sure what to make of this. They are saying it is good for all makes of cars 2000 to 2007. It must apply to the GT500 because it shows up on my oasis report.

Has anyone had to have wire harness work ??

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS

06-17-08

2000-2007 MULTIPLE VEHICLES - SERVICE WIRING HARNESS REPLACEMENT GUIDELINES SERVICE TIP

FORD MOTOR COMPANY HAS "CONSOLIDATED" HIGH AND LOW CONTENT HARNESSES TO MAKE THE SERVICE SELECTION EASIER, AND TO REDUCE THE NUMBER OF HARNESSES REQUIRED FOR SERVICE. DUE TO THIS CONSOLIDATION, SERVICE REPLACEMENT HARNESSES MAY OR MAY NOT LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THE PRODUCTION HARNESS BEING REPLACED. SERVICE REPLACEMENT HARNESSES MAY COME EQUIPPED WITH ADDITIONAL CONNECTORS THAT WILL NOT BE USED. SHOULD REPLACEMENT OF A PRODUCTION WIRE HARNESS BECOME NECESSARY, DETERMINE WHETHER THE HARNESS IS TO BE USED IN A WET OR DRY ENVIRONMENT, THEN REFER TO THE APPROPRIATE TSB SERVICE PROCEDURE.

See TSB for complete details

EFFECTIVE DATE: 08/18/2006

Not sure what to make of this. They are saying it is good for all makes of cars 2000 to 2007. It must apply to the GT500 because it shows up on my oasis report.

Has anyone had to have wire harness work ??

TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETINS

06-17-08

2000-2007 MULTIPLE VEHICLES - SERVICE WIRING HARNESS REPLACEMENT GUIDELINES SERVICE TIP

FORD MOTOR COMPANY HAS "CONSOLIDATED" HIGH AND LOW CONTENT HARNESSES TO MAKE THE SERVICE SELECTION EASIER, AND TO REDUCE THE NUMBER OF HARNESSES REQUIRED FOR SERVICE. DUE TO THIS CONSOLIDATION, SERVICE REPLACEMENT HARNESSES MAY OR MAY NOT LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THE PRODUCTION HARNESS BEING REPLACED. SERVICE REPLACEMENT HARNESSES MAY COME EQUIPPED WITH ADDITIONAL CONNECTORS THAT WILL NOT BE USED. SHOULD REPLACEMENT OF A PRODUCTION WIRE HARNESS BECOME NECESSARY, DETERMINE WHETHER THE HARNESS IS TO BE USED IN A WET OR DRY ENVIRONMENT, THEN REFER TO THE APPROPRIATE TSB SERVICE PROCEDURE.

See TSB for complete details

EFFECTIVE DATE: 08/18/2006

Rob,

It is/was a general TSB that affects all model lines and it was generated in order to advise FoMoCo service managers and technicians that the parts divison has consolidated certain, common to all models, wiring harnesses to facilitate ease of repairs. The TBS is also advising all concerned that because some the wiring harnesses have now been consolidated across all model lines, some of the connectors and pig-tails may or may not be needed or used for the particular car or circuit that the new harness is being installed into, so no one should be concerned that the harness is wrong or that they forgot to complete some connections because there are empty ones after the repair is conducted.

The bottom line is that it's nothing to be concerned about. If you plugged in Tana's VIN, you would see the same TBS listed for her car too.

"SHOULD REPLACEMENT OF A PRODUCTION WIRE HARNESS BECOME NECESSARY, DETERMINE WHETHER THE HARNESS IS TO BE USED IN A WET OR DRY ENVIRONMENT, THEN REFER TO THE APPROPRIATE TSB SERVICE PROCEDURE."

Son of GT,

Since I live in a extreemly wet state, I would want a factory one installed. I guess that's why they have the weather statement in there. I don't need a bunch of open ends that could get wet.

Archived