TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats the deal with the wheel hop?

tlea7

I'm sure this has been talked about but its new to me. The weather hit 50 here so I couldn't resist taking the new vert out for a 20 mile spin(first time). First let me say I've had multiple 428 Shelbys, Cobra Jets and even a Boss 9 and none of them ever pulled as strong as this car does. Wow! The one thing that kind of surprised me is the amount of wheel hop. I expect some from a standing start but even punching it @ 10 mph seems to cause violent hop. I'm assuming this is normal?

I'm sure this has been talked about but its new to me. The weather hit 50 here so I couldn't resist taking the new vert out for a 20 mile spin(first time). First let me say I've had multiple 428 Shelbys, Cobra Jets and even a Boss 9 and none of them ever pulled as strong as this car does. Wow! The one thing that kind of surprised me is the amount of wheel hop. I expect some from a standing start but even punching it @ 10 mph seems to cause violent hop. I'm assuming this is normal?

:waiting:

I agree, do a search... but I will add, I do not notice this in my Vert? Is it because of the weight difference or the softer ride? Or I just do not jump on it hard enough!

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. We have a winner :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Seriously, they ALL do it. If yours doesn't; it's not because it's any different. You are just driving it differently. That's all.

:beerchug:

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. We have a winner :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Seriously, they ALL do it. If yours doesn't; it's not because it's any different. You are just driving it differently. That's all.

:beerchug:

Thanks, because to be honest in all the threads I read, I never heard anyone differentiate, so I thought it must be that I just don't hammer it hard enough to experience it. So bottom line, I guess I resolved my wheel hop.... :happy feet:

Thanks, because to be honest in all the threads I read, I never heard anyone differentiate, so I thought it must be that I just don't hammer it hard enough to experience it. So bottom line, I guess I resolved my wheel hop.... :happy feet:

My vert has it but only when beat on really hard, first time I heard it was when I hit second gear wide open after installing the EVO stage 2 and I was worried I might have broke something! So on my coupe I did the upper and lower c/arms in prep for the whipple. :)

My vert has it but only when beat on really hard, first time I heard it was when I hit second gear wide open after installing the EVO stage 2 and I was worried I might have broke something! So on my coupe I did the upper and lower c/arms in prep for the whipple. :)

So are you saying, that having both, you experience less or the same with the vert?

Dan,

I will change your screen name to Pussy Foot. :hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

Dan,

I will change your screen name to Pussy Foot. :hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

What can I say.... it is true! I do baby the car. I guess it is in my nature. I have always waited until the honeymoon period is over to start messing or getting brave with any muscle car I have ever owned. Yea, sometimes it takes me longer than most. I mean I like to punch it, here the SC kick in, but I live in a pretty congested area and, well, how fast can you get to the next light! I did race that Ferrari (see other thread) and that was fun, but even after that I thought "stupid". So pussy foot it is! :hysterical:

Pussy Foot,

I saw that you called some of us "16 Year Olds" on the 08 Tranny thread.

That helped lock in your new nickname! :hysterical2:

Hey, trust me that was a complement! I wish I could let go and drive like I used to! :hysterical: Surprised I lived this long..... I was a crazy driver.... recall a time in my 82 GT 5.0 HO doing a donut in an intersection, only to be pulled over by a cop sitting in the 7-11 store parking lot... oh yea, that was fun to get out of...... but yea... stupid shit! But trust me, not a knock to anyone... I long to be 16 again... ok well maybe only for a few reasons.... :hysterical2:

Dan,

:doh:

What a shame. :nonono:

Sorry Dan, but you may be voted out of the Black Vert Mafia if you don't rectify this situation and upgrade to a minimum of a Stage 2 and crank some donuts a-la BadBoy at the weathers next break. :shift:

You have been warned.

:hysterical:

Sorry Dan, but you may be voted out of the Black Vert Mafia if you don't rectify this situation and upgrade to a minimum of a Stage 2 and crank some donuts a-la BadBoy at the weathers next break. :shift:

You have been warned.

Joe,

Could some of your Italian buddies help me vote on Dan's new avitar. There is a bunch to choose from. What do you think about these? Which one fits him best ? :hysterical2:

PussyFoot.jpg

Pussyfoot-Magnet.jpg

ts1.jpg

pussyfoot.gif

So are you saying, that having both, you experience less or the same with the vert?

I would have to say the same, however the coupe currently is down on power compared to the vert since it is almost totally stock engine wise......soon to be corrected! I just went ahead and did the c/arms getting stuff ready for the whipple same as a lot of people are doing on the board it seems. I will leave the vert with the stock arms for now since I mostly use it for easy pleasure driving. The coupe will be the one that I will beat up on. I guess the short answer would be yes it was the same as the vert but now with the new arms no wheelhop, just spins the tires.

Joe,

Could some of your Italian buddies help me vote on Dan's new avitar. There is a bunch to choose from. What do you think about these? Which one fits him best ? :hysterical2:

PussyFoot.jpg

Pussyfoot-Magnet.jpg

ts1.jpg

pussyfoot.gif

:hysterical2:

(sorry Dan)

But we Italians handle things like this a little different. We don't let in outsiders... this will have to be a private matter.

(I'll PM you Grabber with a decision soon)

You have been warned.

Sorry to let you down Joe, dang Grabber! :waiting: Anyways, I promise the CAI and Tune and louder exhaust, but no Stage 2. I will be more than good keeping tune with the KR, and feeling pretty stock.... and I PROMISE to get a photo of me smoking the tires in the spring, hoping to relinquish the heavenly name Grabber bestowed on me! :hysterical: PS - Grabber forgets I "may" be moving to his side of the map soon...... :waiting::waiting::waiting:

Sorry to let you down Joe, dang Grabber! :waiting: Anyways, I promise the CAI and Tune and louder exhaust, but no Stage 2. I will be more than good keeping tune with the KR, and feeling pretty stock.... and I PROMISE to get a photo of me smoking the tires in the spring, hoping to relinquish the heavenly name Grabber bestowed on me! :hysterical: PS - Grabber forgets I "may" be moving to his side of the map soon...... :waiting::waiting::waiting:

Ok, that will do FOR NOW.

You'll come to the Stage 2 darkside soon.

Maybe not today.

Maybe not tomorrow.

But soon.

And then you'll truely be happy.

Oh, and be gentle to Grabby. He knows not what he got himself into.

Archived