TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A new Star is born!!!

DubbsFaris

So much of my story is scattered through the 08 threads, I'll skip the covered stuff and get to the nitty gritty!

I was told my car would be ready at 11am yesterday...so I literaly counted the minutes from the night before...did I sleep, yes, a bit...with ALOT of Nyquil- something I havent shared before now is, I have been sick as a dog since new years, and if this car came in on Wednesday...I am not sure I could have picked it up. Even Thursday was bad for me, but I still managed a smile and the drive to save my car from the Union Pacific pokey... but Thursday night I felt pretty good, and by 11 am I was great!

I show up at the dealership, and have my salesman paged...but he isn't there. I paged the GM but he isn't either...so I walk back to the shop and run into the make-ready manager that helped me out of the railyard issue, and he got me fixed up! There were no papers to sign or fill in, since I did all that on Monday...the car was already mine...They pulled it around front and there she was, all shiny and new and beautiful. There was no rear plate on the car, since they were instructed to drill no holes on the car, so I asked them to put that on for me which they quickly did. The service guy needed to gas it up though, (free tank of gas) so he asked me if I wanted to drive him to the gas station so he could pay for it, which I jumped on! I finally got behind the wheel, and it was everything I hoped, and fit me like a glove, (and Im a big guy).

The weather was cloudy and chilly, about 48 degrees, but I told the guy, this is the first run, and the top MUST go down! So pulling out of the lot, EVERYONE is staring at this beauty, and Im just hoping I dont stall it out! I look down and my message screen says 0 miles to empty. We DO need gas. So I pull out and give it the gas to make sure I dont stall....WOW! It was amazing!!! I could feel the rear wheels slipping just a bit even with TCS on, and it was glorious. All those years of dreaming of this- and it was finally a reality. I didn't do anything crazy for this trip...and the guy with me was the performance SVT tech, and I questioned him about how I should break in the car....he replied...wait till I am out of it! So I asked if the engine needed any extra care like the first 500 miles and he said, no- it is ready for serious driving...and that was enough for me. I dropped him off and it was all me and my car now. This is the fun part!

I left the lot, and this time I laid into it once I got straightened out- now, some of you say to expect psi boost of between 4-7, In the words of spinal tap, ladies and gentlemen, "this one goes to 11" and I exagerate not. 50 feet from the driveway and directly in front of the dealer- I nailed it, and she gave me everything I wanted and way more!!! The first few seconds were somewhere between heavenly bliss and sheer fright, and I LOVED it. All the posts I have read have said this, but you will not beleive what this car can do. I got on the highway and nailed it again....and I was going 120 before I even knew it. You will think you are doing 80, and you will be WAY above that figure!

I drove it all afternoon, and the shaker 1000 just rocks my world....I love have sirius, but I only used it a bit so far. I went to work and showed it off, then out to my parents to show off some more, and the driving fun never ends with this car. The looks from awe struck people never ends either!!

My salesman called me and said he had spent the morning in the clinic getting his foot looked at, (he had some swelling, and it turns out to be an infection of some kind) but he said he just got to work, and I did promise him a ride, so I headed back to the dealer to do that. I stopped at the light before the dealer, and an exibition pulled up next to me with 4 georgeous 20 yr olds in it. Now Im 35 years old, and happily married, but boy isd this thing a girl magnet. I tried not to show my grin too much but it was tough. When I pulled back in, all the sales people just swarmed me... they were as excited as I was.

I gave my salesperson who is a friend of mine his first ride, but he couldnt drive with the cast on his leg(soft cast). I showed it off a bit to him and he loved it too...He joked, "I knew we should have charged you more!" and he probably could have got it. If these guys would just get one to let people test drive, they could probably get what they want!!

I then drove it to my father-in-law, who was the one who told me I should just pull the trigger and get it in the first place. He has a great shop that holds 6 cars and hydraulic lift to work on his hot rods. (just a personal shop). So I have a place to work on it now too!

He got there right after me, and I let him take the first drive other than me! He absolutely loved it! But we only did a 5 minute drive since we were all having dinner together. It was time to put up my beauty, so I drove her into the garage, and tucked her away with a smile and nod. I was feeling pretty wore out, so I skipped writing this last night. I hope I gave a good account. I will load some pics on in just a little bit. Im waiting for the sun to break through, and it is almost doing that!

All in all, I put 100 miles on her yesterday...and plan on another 250 by the weekend...so wish me luck!

IMG_3467.JPG

IMG_3468.JPG

IMG_3467.JPG

IMG_3468.JPG

thx for the kind words everyone! And Joe, I am honored to be part of the 'family'.

Rack up another 150 miles today!

High of 80 tomorrow means chance of blurry Shelby going by -100%

More miles means more happy!!!

Dubbs

Nice car now belong to the fastest color club :headspin: Nice to hear of dealer who know how to treat their customers, I will not buy another car from my dealer because of the ADM sales rep was nice. Enjoy

Great combo.

Do you have the red interior as well?

Just enjoy and take it out as much as possible. Winter sucks up here in Canada and lucky to take it out on a really mice day once or twice a month. :banghead:

Mikehart

Yeah, the black w/red insert interior is part of the red appearance package, and it looks great great! Thx for the kind words all!

500 miles, and still going strong! :headspin:

So much of my story is scattered through the 08 threads, I'll skip the covered stuff and get to the nitty gritty!

I was told my car would be ready at 11am yesterday...so I literaly counted the minutes from the night before...did I sleep, yes, a bit...with ALOT of Nyquil- something I havent shared before now is, I have been sick as a dog since new years, and if this car came in on Wednesday...I am not sure I could have picked it up. Even Thursday was bad for me, but I still managed a smile and the drive to save my car from the Union Pacific pokey... but Thursday night I felt pretty good, and by 11 am I was great!

I show up at the dealership, and have my salesman paged...but he isn't there. I paged the GM but he isn't either...so I walk back to the shop and run into the make-ready manager that helped me out of the railyard issue, and he got me fixed up! There were no papers to sign or fill in, since I did all that on Monday...the car was already mine...They pulled it around front and there she was, all shiny and new and beautiful. There was no rear plate on the car, since they were instructed to drill no holes on the car, so I asked them to put that on for me which they quickly did. The service guy needed to gas it up though, (free tank of gas) so he asked me if I wanted to drive him to the gas station so he could pay for it, which I jumped on! I finally got behind the wheel, and it was everything I hoped, and fit me like a glove, (and Im a big guy).

The weather was cloudy and chilly, about 48 degrees, but I told the guy, this is the first run, and the top MUST go down! So pulling out of the lot, EVERYONE is staring at this beauty, and Im just hoping I dont stall it out! I look down and my message screen says 0 miles to empty. We DO need gas. So I pull out and give it the gas to make sure I dont stall....WOW! It was amazing!!! I could feel the rear wheels slipping just a bit even with TCS on, and it was glorious. All those years of dreaming of this- and it was finally a reality. I didn't do anything crazy for this trip...and the guy with me was the performance SVT tech, and I questioned him about how I should break in the car....he replied...wait till I am out of it! So I asked if the engine needed any extra care like the first 500 miles and he said, no- it is ready for serious driving...and that was enough for me. I dropped him off and it was all me and my car now. This is the fun part!

I left the lot, and this time I laid into it once I got straightened out- now, some of you say to expect psi boost of between 4-7, In the words of spinal tap, ladies and gentlemen, "this one goes to 11" and I exagerate not. 50 feet from the driveway and directly in front of the dealer- I nailed it, and she gave me everything I wanted and way more!!! The first few seconds were somewhere between heavenly bliss and sheer fright, and I LOVED it. All the posts I have read have said this, but you will not beleive what this car can do. I got on the highway and nailed it again....and I was going 120 before I even knew it. You will think you are doing 80, and you will be WAY above that figure!

I drove it all afternoon, and the shaker 1000 just rocks my world....I love have sirius, but I only used it a bit so far. I went to work and showed it off, then out to my parents to show off some more, and the driving fun never ends with this car. The looks from awe struck people never ends either!!

My salesman called me and said he had spent the morning in the clinic getting his foot looked at, (he had some swelling, and it turns out to be an infection of some kind) but he said he just got to work, and I did promise him a ride, so I headed back to the dealer to do that. I stopped at the light before the dealer, and an exibition pulled up next to me with 4 georgeous 20 yr olds in it. Now Im 35 years old, and happily married, but boy isd this thing a girl magnet. I tried not to show my grin too much but it was tough. When I pulled back in, all the sales people just swarmed me... they were as excited as I was.

I gave my salesperson who is a friend of mine his first ride, but he couldnt drive with the cast on his leg(soft cast). I showed it off a bit to him and he loved it too...He joked, "I knew we should have charged you more!" and he probably could have got it. If these guys would just get one to let people test drive, they could probably get what they want!!

I then drove it to my father-in-law, who was the one who told me I should just pull the trigger and get it in the first place. He has a great shop that holds 6 cars and hydraulic lift to work on his hot rods. (just a personal shop). So I have a place to work on it now too!

He got there right after me, and I let him take the first drive other than me! He absolutely loved it! But we only did a 5 minute drive since we were all having dinner together. It was time to put up my beauty, so I drove her into the garage, and tucked her away with a smile and nod. I was feeling pretty wore out, so I skipped writing this last night. I hope I gave a good account. I will load some pics on in just a little bit. Im waiting for the sun to break through, and it is almost doing that!

All in all, I put 100 miles on her yesterday...and plan on another 250 by the weekend...so wish me luck!

You have the only Vert combo that has factory stripes. I love the black/red. I almost put the red stripes on my Alloy Vert but with the red/black interior I changed my mind.

Archived