TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Electrochromatic mirror install?

I'm curious about the optional electrochromatic mirror Ford offers that includes a compass & I think outside temp ; has anyone had one of these installed by the dealer, & if so, any problems with install? Happy with it? And to those of you who've had your windows tinted, does this adversely affect the functioning of the mirror?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm curious about the optional electrochromatic mirror Ford offers that includes a compass & I think outside temp ; has anyone had one of these installed by the dealer, & if so, any problems with install? Happy with it? And to those of you who've had your windows tinted, does this adversely affect the functioning of the mirror?

I have and love it!!

I have it. Two "homeLink" buttons (one for each garage door), compass (which I really need) and OAT (which I like to watch in my climate. Ordered the parts via my dealership PD for 275.00, came back for a professional dealer install.

Yes, it is complicated if you want it done right, and that OEM factory look.

I also added turn signal mirrors at the same time, from Bule Oval Industries, 169.00 back then.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-07-08...13614QQtcZphoto

Since my '07 SGT is black, no painting was necessary.

Dealer was able to charge off 85.00 labor under a warranty claim, since my factory mirror was "blemished when it fell off". Then I covered the wrench's install time "hand to hand", and with a tip for his excellent and OEM install. Add 300 bucks.

Yes, I feel it all was worth it. The mirror is a comfort and conveinence option for me, the turn signal mirrors are a safety issue, IMHO.

Nothing is free or cheap, but it can be cheaper than ordering these options at the point of purchase.

Y'all be safe.

I have it on my 04 Cobra. I installed it myself, it's very easy to install and it looks factory installed. Never had any problems with it and whenever someone is passenger in my car and sees what I have, they always want one installed on their Mustang.

The first time you are driving at night and an 18-wheeler is behind you, you'll be happy you got it!

Archived