TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Colgan Bra

arizonabud

I bought a Colgan Bra a few weeks ago. Installation was tough as it is a little colder weather and really had to work at it to get it stretched on just right. Job came out real nice and after it was on for a couple of weeks, stretched out nice and flat with no fold or wrinkle marks. I am satisfied with their product. Took the car out last weekend for a test run on an open 2 lane desert road, nice and straight. Got the car up to 130-135 a few times and the bra stuck on perfectly. That's about as fast as this old geezer wants to go. Anyone thinking of the Colgan Bra for their car, I can say it is a very tight fit and tough to install because of that, but if done right, comes out very, very nice.

Azbud

I bought a Colgan Bra a few weeks ago. Installation was tough as it is a little colder weather and really had to work at it to get it stretched on just right. Job came out real nice and after it was on for a couple of weeks, stretched out nice and flat with no fold or wrinkle marks. I am satisfied with their product. Took the car out last weekend for a test run on an open 2 lane desert road, nice and straight. Got the car up to 130-135 a few times and the bra stuck on perfectly. That's about as fast as this old geezer wants to go. Anyone thinking of the Colgan Bra for their car, I can say it is a very tight fit and tough to install because of that, but if done right, comes out very, very nice.

Azbud

Could post some pictures

ShelbySteve

th_DSCN6552.jpg

th_DSCN6554.jpg

th_DSCN6553.jpg

th_DSCN6534.jpg

I sure like the fit and It was difficult to get the tabs between the splitter but I went and got a plastic putty knife and they went right in. I also had trouble with the hooks that go on the grill because I have big fingers so I used forceps and hooked them. I really like the look very good product.

I would recommend it to anyone that would like a alternative to the $600 clear bra.

Art

I sure like the fit and It was difficult to get the tabs between the splitter but I went and got a plastic putty knife and they went right in. I also had trouble with the hooks that go on the grill because I have big fingers so I used forceps and hooked them. I really like the look very good product.

I would recommend it to anyone that would like a alternative to the $600 clear bra.

Art

I had mine up to 130 with no fuss whatsoever.

I would like for them to put a stiffener on the upright posts adjacent to the grill sides as well. I did find that in rain (yes, my car has actually been wet and it didn't melt or anything) that area scooped up some rain and attendant dirt that puddled up on top of the bumper.

Other than that I was very impressed with the product and recommend it as well.

Additional benefit for me is that it reduces the reflectivity of the white car, which is helpful if you're interested in not reflecting back infrared laser beams for some reason or other. ;)

I had mine up to 130 with no fuss whatsoever.

I would like for them to put a stiffener on the upright posts adjacent to the grill sides as well. I did find that in rain (yes, my car has actually been wet and it didn't melt or anything) that area scooped up some rain and attendant dirt that puddled up on top of the bumper.

Other than that I was very impressed with the product and recommend it as well.

Additional benefit for me is that it reduces the reflectivity of the white car, which is helpful if you're interested in not reflecting back infrared laser beams for some reason or other. ;)

You're right about the reflectivity. Mine is also perf. white/vista blue stripes, the fastest color. That's why they call it performance white!

Will try and post some pics, but I'm not very computer literate.

Azbud

Cool!

I didn't know it was made from the same stuff they make the Stealth bomber & fighter with.

That sure is a good benefit!

:hysterical2:

JMO, but man these cars just dont look right with the nose bra, maybe an all black with no stripes.

The looks are IMO secondary to the protection on the front from road debris. Were I live in AZ. lot's of the roads have course sand shoulders and lots of 18 wheelers on the freeways. Besides, makes the car "invisible", as one post says. :hysterical2:

Azbud

The looks are IMO secondary to the protection on the front from road debris. Were I live in AZ. lot's of the roads have course sand shoulders and lots of 18 wheelers on the freeways. Besides, makes the car "invisible", as one post says. :hysterical2:

Azbud

I have looked at the bras and found they tended to rub off paint where surfaces are not tight to the vehicle, causing issues down the road. Perhaps they are better today than a few years ago.

For protection, we went with an invisible bra which covers all of the front end, all trim around the windshield, as well as the rear deck. It was a little expensive, but far less expensive that a paint job. You really have to look to see it. Not to metion, it is 100% guaranteed. Tommy at Bravo here in Apple Valley, Minnesota has done a few of my vehicles and does a fantastic job! On one, we had small bubble, and he offered to drive to Owatonna from Apple Valley to fix it...around 50 miles. His customer service after the sale is phenomenal!

Check out the link Bravo Auto Bra

Here is a pic of the vehicle with the bra on (bra covers entire fron end up to louvers and dowmn to wheel well).....no lines visible.

post-9074-1199535957_thumb.jpg

Azbud

AZ, I agree with the protection part of it, and yes those damn 18 wheelers, especially the flatbeds hauling a bulldozer full of dried mud and gravel, they should be forced to wash the machines off before they transport them. :banghead:

I have one as well and used it on a trip to Michigan and back. Got rained on both ways. It will catch dirt behind it where it wraps around inside the wheel well when wet and it can be a pain to get the grit out of the material so I suggest not letting it get wet at all. Put on for long trips, keep dry and absolutely clean. Make sure the fit is VERY tight and check it at every stop to ensure the tabs securing it in the fender do not come loose. I did notice some very slight rub marks on one side of my front bumper after the trip but they buffed out. I assume it was because I let it get wet. I will be using mine on the trip to LA and back next week.

Here is a pic of mine. It is carbon fiber.

DSC03497.jpg

I have looked at the bras and found they tended to rub off paint where surfaces are not tight to the vehicle, causing issues down the road. Perhaps they are better today than a few years ago.

For protection, we went with an invisible bra which covers all of the front end, all trim around the windshield, as well as the rear deck. It was a little expensive, but far less expensive that a paint job. You really have to look to see it. Not to metion, it is 100% guaranteed. Tommy at Bravo here in Apple Valley, Minnesota has done a few of my vehicles and does a fantastic job! On one, we had small bubble, and he offered to drive to Owatonna from Apple Valley to fix it...around 50 miles. His customer service after the sale is phenomenal!

Check out the link Bravo Auto Bra

Here is a pic of the vehicle with the bra on (bra covers entire fron end up to louvers and dowmn to wheel well).....no lines visible.

[/quot

+1

I got this, sitting in my house now, but could someone post any pics of where this latches and so on, Im curious how this can stay on and be affective without marring your paint?

Im thinking of returning it or selling it as really is it that bad to just repaint the front end of your ever 3-5 years if need be?

Oh and incase you were wondering why I cant just go out and try it on mine, is because of the salt and other snow related crud on the car, even after driving it home from a wash, its all dirty again!

I got this, sitting in my house now, but could someone post any pics of where this latches and so on, Im curious how this can stay on and be affective without marring your paint?

Im thinking of returning it or selling it as really is it that bad to just repaint the front end of your ever 3-5 years if need be?

Oh and incase you were wondering why I cant just go out and try it on mine, is because of the salt and other snow related crud on the car, even after driving it home from a wash, its all dirty again!

These pics are washed out but it should give you a good idea

DSC03483.jpg

DSC03484.jpg

DSC03485.jpg

DSC03486.jpg

DSC03487.jpg

DSC03488.jpg

DSC03489.jpg

DSC03490.jpg

DSC03491.jpg

DSC03492.jpg

Archived