TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Now I'm torn on what color to order.....

greensalesco

I started a post about what to get/not get. The only thing I was settled on was the paint, white w/blue. I like the blue w/white but stated concerns of paint swirls in the sun(over time) and dust showing 5 min after I wash it. Do any of you Vista Blue owners wish you had gotten another color??

Thanks,

Bruce

I started a post about what to get/not get. The only thing I was settled on was the paint, white w/blue. I like the blue w/white but stated concerns of paint swirls in the sun(over time) and dust showing 5 min after I wash it. Do any of you Vista Blue owners wish you had gotten another color??

Thanks,

Bruce

Nope! I love this color! Plus, it is the FASTEST COLOR!!!! :hysterical:

Now how can anyone turn this color away???

ShelbyGT500047.jpg

25.jpg

23.jpg

20.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

Thanks,

Bruce

I'm happy with the color. I thought about the White with Blue stripes but one day while driving the family truckster down the freeway, I looked in the rearview mirror and saw a menacing looking car about a mile back and approaching quick. It was a Vista Blue and white stripe GT500 and you would think he was leading the pack of the Gumball rally. That did it for me!! And since its the fastest color, the dust just blows off the surface at speed. Just my 2-cents.

Salu2!!!!

Jeezuz.

Pick your color, any color.

It's like a kid. Whatever comes out will become your favorite sex, hair color, eye color, etc.

Look at the pictures. There's not an ugly one in the bunch.

I honestly think the white is most striking - there's no mistaking what this car is, but it shows brake dust an dirt. Blue is wicked cool, in either white or grey stripes. Red is not my favorite, but it is THE color of the S197 GT500. Tungsten, Orange, Black. All of them are really nice looking cars.

I agree that swirls show up in daylight on darker colors, but with todays polishes (I use Zaino, I hear good things about ICE) it's really not that much of a problem.

Pick your favorite color and buy it if you have the choice. If you don't, like I said, whatever you get will become your favorite!

I doubt you'll find many guys who would tell you that they wished they had gotten a different color! Personally, I think white is the correct decision!

I doubt you'll find many guys who would tell you that they wished they had gotten a different color! Personally, I think white is the correct decision!

I debated on this issue for so long :hysterical2: Even went to several dealerships when they had the different color combo in stock.

I decided on the White/Blue.. But even after seeing the white/blue in person before I ordered i wasnt 100% sure :hysterical2:

But I pulled the trigger and ordered that color combo and once it got it.. WOW yup that was the right color combo for me. I

think no matter what color combo anyone orders, even with doubts in their head, that all of that will go away once you see

YOUR CAR for the first time !!! :happy feet:

Thanks,

Bruce

Nope, No way , This colour turns alot of heads when I`am stopped . The only problem is they can`t see it when its moving just a blurrrrr, thats why they call it the fastest colour just ask SHELBYDUDE :hysterical2: .

Thanks,

Bruce

All the color choices are great I like them all, but Vista Blue is just plain Beautiful :wub:

I flip flopped more than a democrat :hysterical2: , the '08 I have is Ebony, I didn't order it this way, but it was a loaded 'vert on the showroom floor for list price, (within 2.5 hours from home) so I grabbed it and am very happy. I was just staring at it this afternoon, thinkg oh ya!!!

Vista Blue was my choice on the car I had ordered at a different dealership.

Once it is sitting in your driveway, your smile doesn't see color

Yes, and this would look very good next to my fastest color vista blue!

982592.jpg

But if you really want to be different then go with this color combo! :happy feet: :hysterical2:

2008-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500KR-Ki.jpg

I'm soooooooo very glad that they didn't offer black stripe options last year with G.O. (I would have ordered it). But seeing them both in person......wellllll, I'm soooooo very glad they didn't offer black stripe options last year. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

As for that Vista Blue thing, bring it on down to Tulsa in June :car: :poke::poke:

Yes, and this would look very good next to my fastest color vista blue!

982592.jpg

But if you really want to be different then go with this color combo! :happy feet: :hysterical2:

2008-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500KR-Ki.jpg

Nope I love vista blue and mealtic in sun looks awesome pepole said I picked right color. Red, white, black no mealtic but all colors are great there no bad color shelby GT 500 that for sure!!!

You won't be dissappointed with Vista Blue - it is an awesome color.

You won't find any swirls in mine. I read up extensively on washing and waxing before I took delivery and came up with a process that works well for me.

I was nervous with applying a wax/polish on mine with new paint as I am old-school and use to allow at least 6 months for the paint to cure. But after seeing numerous folks wax/polish theirs and asking around, I went ahead and applied several coats of Zaino Z5 and Z2 a few weeks after I took delivery back in July. I just wanted to protect the paint. Let me tell you, it still beads unbelieveably well and just shines; it's easily the longest lasting polish/wax I ever used. I am sure there are other good products as well that others will advocate using but Zaino is what I use. Here are a few pointers that works for me:

I wash the car with high quality wool mitts or cotton chenille mitts.

I do a final rinse without a hose nozzle attached, letting the free-flowing water run off the finish. This forms fewer but larger beads that are easier to towel dry.

I use large soft "made in the USA" cotton bath towels to dry the car - and very gently. Once they are damp, I switch to a new one. Usually I go through about 3 or 4 towels per wash. My wife washes them with liquid detergent and a double rinse cycle.

Make sure your wash mitts and drying towels are clean before starting.

Here are links to a few sites that I felt were useful:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

http://stevemcconnell.com/recreation/carwash.htm (I don't advocate using the California water blade on any car finish like this guy does; other than that - some good info)

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mercha...mp;Store_Code=Z

Good luck on the color choice.

post-9625-1199420574_thumb.jpg

post-9625-1199420574_thumb.jpg

I'm soooooooo very glad that they didn't offer black stripe options last year with G.O. (I would have ordered it). But seeing them both in person......wellllll, I'm soooooo very glad they didn't offer black stripe options last year. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

As for that Vista Blue thing, bring it on down to Tulsa in June :car: :poke::poke:

Yeah, I was soooo disappointed they didn't offer the orange with black stripes for 07 because that was the color combo I wanted and would have ordered.

Then I almost went with Alloy but there wasn't any color samples to be seen and I didn't want a color I couldn't see first.

So I went with vista blue. Man, was that the right color to get! :happy feet: Plus, I didn't even know it was by far the fastest color at the time, so that ended up being a huge bonus! :hysterical:

I think it depends on what you want. ;)

Every colour has its own unique presence. :rolleyes:

These are only my opinions, please don't flame me. :extinguish:

Torch Red is easy to see. Very popular as a Sports Car colour. :camera:

Performance White looks clean. Original colour. :yup:

Vista Blue is trustworthy. Carroll's favorite colour, because it matches his wife's eyes. :heartbreaker:

Grabber Orange is attention getting. Can be spotted a mile away. :spend:

Ebony looks tough and mean. Fords original one colour. :ninja:

Tungsten Grey looks soft, "feminine". Colour discontinued for 2008 :cheerleader:

Alloy Metallic looks Stealthy. New colour. Easiest to dissappear in. :speedie:

Alloy is the fastest colour because its so hard to see, let alone catch. :banana piano: :hysterical2:

Yeah, I went through like 3 different colors that I was actually gonna order when I ordered mine.

First I wanted the white with blue stripes, but since I was getting a convertible, and found out there were no over the top stripes, I changed it to white with the black side stripes. I finally settled on Black with white side stripes when I went to the dealer to finalize my order, and he showed me the red stripe option which had just been announced...and it is the only convertible they offer with stripes over the top (Le Mans). I ordered black with red stripes, and if you wait for just a few hours, I will be posting pictures in the arrival thread for everyone to see....

Good luck with your choice, but it will be like a baby- no ugly ones if it is yours! They all really do have their own personalities.

:happy feet:

Yeah, I went through like 3 different colors that I was actually gonna order when I ordered mine.

First I wanted the white with blue stripes, but since I was getting a convertible, and found out there were no over the top stripes, I changed it to white with the black side stripes. I finally settled on Black with white side stripes when I went to the dealer to finalize my order, and he showed me the red stripe option which had just been announced...and it is the only convertible they offer with stripes over the top (Le Mans). I ordered black with red stripes, and if you wait for just a few hours, I will be posting pictures in the arrival thread for everyone to see....

Good luck with your choice, but it will be like a baby- no ugly ones if it is yours! They all really do have their own personalities.

I thought only Coupes had the over the top stripes. I had mine painted on. I am anxious to see your pics!

i would love a yellow of SDUDES green!!

I have a Vista Blue one and I want another color

I want a Red one, and a white one, and a black one, and an orange one and a ............. :hysterical2:

Seriously, would not trade the blue for any other color. :headspin:

It is all personal preference. I have had no paint swirl issues. It does show more dirt and dust than a lighter color car, but IMO it stands out more than a lighter color car. Just my opinion!!!

Archived