TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Going to order my 2008, 1st post

greensalesco

A little run down on past cars, 83 Colony Park wagon, 86 4cyl, 87 Saleen, 93 Cobra teal, 89 GT under drive pulleys(that car was killer for an auto, wifes car)98 Cobra yellow, 92 LX 5.0 convert and now I have a 98 Saleen EXP8 and a 90 Saleen Convert. I've wanted a GT500 since the 1st time I saw a picture of one. Now, I've been reading post after post and am getting more and more excited. I could have the blue w/white now but I'm going to get white w/blue. I'm afraid the blue will show dust and "swirls" over time and that will kill me. I love the blue but white seems to hide those things a bit more. What suggestions do you all have. I hope to go front plate delete, no Nav., and no shaker 1000. I need a place for the clubs from time to time. :) So what should I get/ not get? I understand the exhaust is understated?? Has anyone lowered their at all? It looks a tad high.

Thanks,

Bruce

A little run down on past cars, 83 Colony Park wagon, 86 4cyl, 87 Saleen, 93 Cobra teal, 89 GT under drive pulleys(that car was killer for an auto, wifes car)98 Cobra yellow, 92 LX 5.0 convert and now I have a 98 Saleen EXP8 and a 90 Saleen Convert. I've wanted a GT500 since the 1st time I saw a picture of one. Now, I've been reading post after post and am getting more and more excited. I could have the blue w/white now but I'm going to get white w/blue. I'm afraid the blue will show dust and "swirls" over time and that will kill me. I love the blue but white seems to hide those things a bit more. What suggestions do you all have. I hope to go front plate delete, no Nav., and no shaker 1000. I need a place for the clubs from time to time. :) So what should I get/ not get? I understand the exhaust is understated?? Has anyone lowered their at all? It looks a tad high.

Thanks,

Bruce

GOOD Luck with it :happy feet: Do a search on mod threads, there are dozens of them on what folks have done to their cars. They respond VERY well to mods.!

Well Bruce, welcome to the foum :headspin:

It it were me... i would get; HID headlights; GT500 premium interior pacakge, Ambiant Lighting, Shaker 1000, Sirius, VB tape stipes (or stipe delete if you plan to SS).

Take a diffent car if you want to golf :hysterical2:

Good Luck!

Vista Blue is the fastest color. If stereos are your thing then get the Shaker and Sirius. Some folks have said they didn't like the appearance of the added antenna. I personally went for HID, Ambient, Interior upgrade and full vehicle cover.

btw - The front license plate is free and doesn't come installed from the factory.

I ordered my 08 in May. Got it two weeks ago. I wanted something a little different. Understated, but still meaning business. A "speak softly, but carry a big stick" look. So I went with the Vapor/black stripes.

Optioms:

IUP (interior upgrade)

sat radio (love it so far!)

HID headlights

I stayed with the std Shaker 500 stereo. The 1000 is nice, but I have heard them side by side and can't tell enough difference to warrant the $1295 upcharge for the 1000. I can always go aftermarket if I want something more. Same with the Nav system plus I was concerned the DVD based Nav might go the way of the 8-Track and be obsolete in a few years.

I also didn't want the ambient lighting.

Wish I would have ordered the car cover, but hadn't seen one at the time I ordered. I plan to buy one later.

2260288Shelby1A.jpg

Planned mods once it hits 1000-1500 miles

CAI/Tune

shifter

Axle back exhaust

later, as time and cash allows

rear control arms

gears

lowering springs

1 pc driveshaft

pulley

The only thing anybody will try to talk you out of on this forum is the car color.

Your doing just fine with the White one, to which I am somewhat partial. I also like the blue, orange, tungsten, in that order. I also like to look at the black ones. Red's great for convertibles and valentines and such.

Contrary to what anybody says, it's not the car color, it's the stripes that make the car go faster. So, if you put blue stripes on a blue car, it would be almost as fast as a white car with blue stripes. Same goes for an orange or black car.

Vista Blue is the second fastest color behind Torch Red!! Welcome to the site, the folks here are very friendly and knowledgeable. The cars are great you won't be sorry. If you like the Vista Blue get it. I saw one after I had ordered my red or I might have ordered it. I've been trying to talk my brother into getting a blue one that's for sale close to here. Lots of mods to do if you want to. You won't suffer if you do none. Have fun.

Don

Order the car with all the options and use another car for golfing! :happy feet:

Welcome to the site.

I still haven't done any mods, just reading what others are doing and then I will decide....right now I am leaning towards and SS package.

I didn't know cars came in any other color then RED! :happy feet:

Ordered mine 18 December, red/white, dark charcoal/red and IUP only. Don't need the Nav, know where I'm going, don't need the stereo, I listen to the music from under the hood and don't need the Sirus for the same reason. Gave the HID some serious thought but my MK VIII has them and the bulbs are discontinued now and don't want to run into that later on with this car.

Thanks,

Bruce

Congrats, and get the blue one. See my message thread in this forum titled Fastest Color is Proven. In it you will find the scientific explanation as to why Blue is the fastest color.

Archived