TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MY CAR IS HEADING FOR VEGAS BABY!!!!!!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got my call to send my "VERT" out to Vegas. They are calling in the Verts only, so my "baby" snake will be back to me in the spring. Any one else get a call yet? :happy feet: :happy feet:

I asked this on another thread: Is this a second round of cars going to SAI, or were you in the first 10 called in December? Sounds like a new group, if you "just" got the call. Very nice! :headspin:

What color is your 'vert? And yes, what is your number? My vert is 07SS0251. Even though I don't know how many verts / coupes, it would be nice to see the numbers going up. Thanks!

I was called on 1/3/08. They said that Verts only being called in due to the 600HP only. My number is 07SS0049. Deposit was ? a long time ago. I was told that they will be ready for my car in 2 weeks. The transporter will pick me up, unless I want to pay big, in 2-3 weeks. I will piggy back on another load in an enclosed carrier. So by the time they get my car, get started, they said it would take about 3-4 weeks. Then you have to arrange transport back. I figure another couple of weeks to schedule. So I am saying the spring, which is April. I'm sure it will be back before then, but cant drive it until "spring". Thats all I was saying. I'm at least in line now. I do have on question. When picking options, they said the Shelby suspension was not as stiff as the FRPP. I will be cruising not racing. What is my choice. I thought I read on another thread that the FRPP was not as stiff as the Shelby? Good luck to all waiting.

:banghead: I think im in for a long wait on my 08 725hp Most lilely next summer I hope!

i dont think they are going by CSM number or car year. i think they are going by deposit date. that seems to be the fair way to do it. of course this is not form SAI, so please dont hold me to this. if youhave an 08 and put a deposit down before a guy with 07, you should have your car first. thats just me and im sure SAI will do whats best :happy feet:

michael morris

Saturday, January 12th, 2008. :rolleyes:

I don't understand? I was on the 40th list when it was 1st announced in 10/06 and when the ss was announced I was told those who were waiting patiently for the 40th could be switched to the top of the list for the ss. As soon as I got the call to send my deposit, I did. So how is that so? SS070025 been waiting a year now

I don't understand? I was on the 40th list when it was 1st announced in 10/06 and when the ss was announced I was told those who were waiting patiently for the 40th could be switched to the top of the list for the ss. As soon as I got the call to send my deposit, I did. So how is that so? SS070025 been waiting a year now

Intguys, your avatar shows a blue/black hardtop. If you're going for the 725 H.P. max package, then don't be concerned, because no one getting that package has been contacted yet. Verts only for now because they can only be built as 605 H.P. cars.

I was told that mine is one of the first 10 they called in, even though I was called first of Jan., not in Dec. One question, I changed over to the Ford suspension. I will be "touring" only in the vert. Did I make the right choice over the S/E suspension? Shelby#18, I would love to play in your garage.

Yes, I think you did make the right choice on suspension. I went for the S/E for track events, and I want to fool around with the car.

The garage is kind of empty right now. Both the GTX1's are in Greenbay, and the Shelby's are in Vegas. I should have 3 of the 4 back in Feb., then come on over! :beerchug:

Shelby#18

How are you going to do track events in a vert? Can you adjust the S/E for a softer ride? I am an SCCA National license holder and do race a 98 Mustang in AS. I do know how to "adjust" a suspension, but from what I have read, the S/E is a rough ride no matter what you do to it. Feedback before I make the wrong decision.

I was called on 1/3/08. They said that Verts only being called in due to the 600HP only. My number is 07SS0049. Deposit was ? a long time ago. I was told that they will be ready for my car in 2 weeks. The transporter will pick me up, unless I want to pay big, in 2-3 weeks. I will piggy back on another load in an enclosed carrier. So by the time they get my car, get started, they said it would take about 3-4 weeks. Then you have to arrange transport back. I figure another couple of weeks to schedule. So I am saying the spring, which is April. I'm sure it will be back before then, but cant drive it until "spring". Thats all I was saying. I'm at least in line now. I do have on question. When picking options, they said the Shelby suspension was not as stiff as the FRPP. I will be cruising not racing. What is my choice. I thought I read on another thread that the FRPP was not as stiff as the Shelby? Good luck to all waiting.

They called for my vert before Christmas. It arrived Jan 3rd and should get assigned a lift this week. Maybe our cars will pass while there! I am adding the 40th package, power upgrade, brake upgrade and new DS.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, let me start by saying Im sure I will love my SS when it is done. Im sure SAI is doing everything possible to make this as smooth as possible. Im sure they are doing everything possible to get things right. That being said, let me say this. Anyone Who thinks they will be SS'ed by summer is smoking the pipe. Not going to happen, unless the RI people get a jump on things. My car was called in on 1/3/08. I was told I was one of the first 10 verts. They said my lift would be ready in 2 weeks. So I got a carrier lined up, and delievered on 1/11/08. When I called about my car being recieved by SAI, they knew nothing of it, so the search their lot and found it. Checked it in on 1/15/08. Sent pictures and so on. I left them alone for a while, then called to see if I had a lift assigned. Not yet, but any time. I waited until yesterday, 2/8/08 and dropped them an email to ask if I had been assigned a lift. The response I got was "what makes you think you were one of the first 10" and went on to say we are not accepting anymore cars right now, we will call you when we are ready for your car. I about hit the floor. They already called my car in, and its in their lot. I call SAI to look into it, after some checking they said "Ow, we do have your car, its going to be 2 weeks probably more until you get a lift, they are trying to finish the 40th cars first. So in conclusion, SAI is obviously overwelmed if they dont know what and whos cars they have. They are not calling in anymore SS right now. So my prediction for my car originally was March, now it is June. Good luck to all waiting, maybe by next year you will be SS'ed. Sorry for the bad news

This is VERY disappointing...... I'm so sorry!!!

Please let this not be true for Tasca!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!

The only thing giving me hope is that I believe most people will elect to go to Las Vegas ,causing them to become overwhelmed and bogged down. I can only hope that very few elect to go to Tasca because they are relatively unknown in the mid west and the west and that the few who do go to Tasca will get scheduled quickly.

Tasca ,who are they?

Tasca

Tasca Ford still operates today at its original location on 777 Taunton Avenue in East Providence, Rhode Island. The premier Ford performance dealer during the muscle car era, Tasca Ford entered the performance market in 1961 when Bob Tasca formed a special high-performance division. Early projects included a 427 Thunderbird in 1965 and a "505" Mustang, which featured 505 bhp and supposedly inspired the Boss 302 Mustang. Tasca's personal driver in 1969 was an 11-second Mustang. But most impressive were Tasca's drag racing cars, first a 1962 406 Galaxie, and then a 406 equipped Fairlane (supposedly the inspiration of the factory 1964 Thunderbolt). In 1966, Tasca Ford debuted its Holman-Moody built "Mystery 9" Mustang, which quickly changed names as its et's dropped. By 1969, Tasca was running a fuel funny car, but that strayed away from the "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" mantra. By 1963, upwards of 60 high performance cars (40% of total sales) were being sold each month. Tasca also sold the first Shelby AC Cobras in the Northeast. But Tasca will be remembered as creating the inspiration of the Cobra Jet 428. It all started when Tasca reworked the standard 428 Police Interceptor with reworked heads and a 735-cfm four-barrel Holley carb and dropped it into their 1967 Mustang GT coupe. They called it "KR" for "King of the Road" and word soon reached Ford management. They decided to offer the new 428 from the factory but passed on the Tasca name (The "KR" label was actually used on the CJ-powered GT 500 Shelby Mustang) and labeled it the "Cobra Jet" which saved Ford's performance image on the street. But the performance era would soon end, and Tasca actually switched over to Lincoln-Mercury in 1971. But it switched back in 1994 and the home of Ford performance lives on.

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehi...t500/index.html

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a9c1786...a3400ff35da.htm

http://www.428cobrajet.org/aq-0798.html

http://www.tasca.com/ou/cranston-ford-linc...e=s_performance

I think that more people then you think are going to Tasca. My guess is that 75-100 of the first 500 or so SS's will be lining up at Tasca. That would be all fine and dandy but Tasca has a small performance shop. Great people and great reputation but small performance shop. I only saw 2 or maybe 3 lifts not to mention the Tech's to build the cars. Not the big number of both that Vegas has. They are also going to be on the bottom end of receiving parts. Why would Vegas ship limited parts supplies to RI when Vegas has cars waiting? I personally think that logistics is the big evil here not a willingness of SAI or Tasca to build the cars or a lack guys like us waiving checks for $30k in the air. I think no matter which way you go it will not be anytime soon. I'm one of the unlucky ones that dosen't have a CSM # and hasen't been able to send in a check yet. My kids may be in college by the time they are ready for me!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived