TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Canada Meet

robertlane

Paul (kaylan1521) is the lead on this. We'll be talking next week to catch up as it has been busy around here.

Yes. We should rotate this through the provinces. I'd like to see BC, AL or SK next year.

I've been talking about buying a cottage in NS - but Sharon, being the Ontarian....well let's just put it like this :banghead:

Hi everyone

Just wondering if there has been anyu progress on this one? Would be great to start getting some dates for everything.

Thanks.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robert and I spoke briefly last week. We managed to discuss a few details but then he had to go and we haven't managed to get together again. If all goes well I may try to get to MI next week and try to hammer out the remaining details.

The Roadcourse track is tentatively booked for September 15th weekend.

Thanks for the information Kaylan. Sept 15 comes up as a Monday, so I assume you mean 13 and 14th Sept?

Please keep us informed as details come to hand and thanks for the efforts. I really am not trying so sound impatient, but I would really like to go and I travel A LOT, so it's important to get this in if possible.

If there is anything now, in between or later that I can do to help, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Peter

• 4 weeks later...
Anything further guys? Hate to sound like I am pressuring but my calender is starting to suck..........

This year we are going to work with the Shelby show in Ottawa Canada, we will be there as Team Shelby for the one day show, we will have to look into doing a bigger show in Canada next year, our time is so tight this year.

What happened to Toronto?

When is the Ottawa show?

We looked into Toronto it just can not happen this year, so we are working with the Ottawa Sterling Ford all Ford show.

We will be there with a Shelby GT-H and with some give-aways. It looks to be a good time.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

Sharon

We looked into Toronto it just can not happen this year, so we are working with the Ottawa Sterling Ford all Ford show.

We will be there with a Shelby GT-H and with some give-aways. It looks to be a good time.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

Sharon

This is the pits. Does this mean there will be `NO` Dearborn meet this year , hopefully I`am wrong but there hasn`t been alot of info about what is happening. No disrespect to the Ottawa group but this is just a one day car show. I guess I`am a little let down as I was hoping the first Canadian meet would include more than a one day car show.

This is the pits. Does this mean there will be `NO` Dearborn meet this year , hopefully I`am wrong but there hasn`t been alot of info about what is happening. No disrespect to the Ottawa group but this is just a one day car show. I guess I`am a little let down as I was hoping the first Canadian meet would include more than a one day car show.

Dearborn is a different venue. As far as I know Dearborn is still a go.

Hey...I see someone is getting a few special upgrades at our favorite little facility..lol.....

It would be great to see the car in Ottawa......with the hood back on that is.......

Hey...I see someone is getting a few special upgrades at our favorite little facility..lol.....

It would be great to see the car in Ottawa......with the hood back on that is.......

Yes and yes and thanks for noticing. I will be in Ottawa for sure now.....with a hood too!

I know Paul but it seems all the T.S shows are more to the Southern region . Hopefully we can get together in the fall & organize a Canadian even`t for 09`.

A meet in the Toronto area would have been nice too, but I'm certainly looking forward to meeting some Team Shelby members in Ottawa. Besides, this is a reasonable drive for me. Still anxious to hear about Dearborn though.

A meet in the Toronto area would have been nice too, but I'm certainly looking forward to meeting some Team Shelby members in Ottawa. Besides, this is a reasonable drive for me. Still anxious to hear about Dearborn though.

Eric I think we are all anxious to here about Dearborn,hopefully we can hook up again this year. The plan is to get as many cars together & go down to Detriot together.We hope to have a Super Snake leading the parade

Eric I think we are all anxious to here about Dearborn,hopefully we can hook up again this year. The plan is to get as many cars together & go down to Detriot together.We hope to have a Super Snake leading the parade

I certainly agree with that Jim. A Super Snake led Canadian caravan to Detroit would be very nice indeed. :happy feet:

I am still working on Dearborn have had a few snags but is looking better, I should have some info next week. We will see what next year brings for Canada I to would like to do a couple day event with track time. I will work on this for next year.

Sharon

I look forward to seeing all my Canadian friends again :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

I am still working on Dearborn have had a few snags but is looking better, I should have some info next week. We will see what next year brings for Canada I to would like to do a couple day event with track time. I will work on this for next year.

Sharon

Thanks Sharon I will be looking forward to next weeks info :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Wow, that is disapointinting not to have a bigger event. I was really looking forward to that. :banghead::drop:

Looking forward to details for Dearborn, would love to join the Canadian convoy across to Detroit (that is of course if they will have an Aussie join them, LOL). That would be fun. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Will see if I can make Ottawa, wasn't planning it but would love to meet some more TS members and see the cars after this loooooooong winter. :shift:

Any thoughts of any other "informal" get togethers in Toronto area from the group?

Unfortunately I have plans that weekend (roof is getting done and a close friends 50th Bday)

I wish we had more notice that this was the only Shelby event in Canada this year

We should plan another event anyways, a cruise, day at the track etc. Anyone interested?

Archived