TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Ford Shelby GT500 Book FOR SALE

KingCobra

Just thought I would mention to my fellow Team Shelby members, that I managed to get a hold of a few copies of "The Ford Shelby GT500 Book".

This limited edition book was commissioned by Carroll Shelby and limited to just 500 copies. It has sold out at Ford and Shelby Performance Parts, and will not be

reprinted by the publisher. Although I looked and never found any on EBAY, they have apparently been sold for $100+. We plan to sell them on EBAY

shortly, but thought I would offer them to my Team Shelby friends first. Feel free to message me with offers if you are interested.

KingCobra.

post-1791-1199325764_thumb.jpg

Just thought I would mention to my fellow Team Shelby members, that I managed to get a hold of a few copies of "The Ford Shelby GT500 Book".

This limited edition book was commissioned by Carroll Shelby and limited to just 500 copies. It has sold out at Ford and Shelby Performance Parts, and will not be

reprinted by the publisher. Although I looked and never found any on EBAY, they have apparently been sold for $100+. We plan to sell them on EBAY

shortly, but thought I would offer them to my Team Shelby friends first. Feel free to message me with offers if you are interested.

KingCobra.

PM sent.

KingCobra.

Here we go with the ADM's again! Guess it just goes with the territory.

I have received a slew of pm's already. Keep in mind that although we ARE all friends and share a common bond, and I can't wait to meet more of

you in Vegas at Carroll's birthday bash, I won't be entertaining any offers below what I posted Ebay has had them for, which is $100. Sorry guys.

For those coming to the party, I will bring them to save you shipping costs. If I still have any when we get back from Vegas, we will just list them on EBAY.

Thanks,

KingCobra.

KingCobra.

Lets see if I have this right. You buy the last three books from Shelby Performance at $19.99 apiece. Then sell them to your forum "buddies" for $100 apiece.

I have received a slew of pm's already. Keep in mind that although we ARE all friends and share a common bond, and I can't wait to meet more of

you in Vegas at Carroll's birthday bash, I won't be entertaining any offers below what I posted Ebay has had them for, which is $100. Sorry guys.

For those coming to the party, I will bring them to save you shipping costs. If I still have any when we get back from Vegas, we will just list them on EBAY.

Thanks,

KingCobra.

I'll buy one of your books if you buy my Fender Shelby GT Fender Strat guitar signed by the man himself for $5,000.00.

Interested in completing a sale.

These days it's how you value things.

But it still comes down to if you want it.

Appreciate this opportunity.

Sent you my phone #.

P.S. Seems red is the fastest,you snooze you lose.

KingCobra.

I was lucky enough to also get a copy of the book plus I ordered and received a copy of the book on the Ford GT by the same author.

Thanks,

KingCobra.

eBay Current bid $102.50

I too was fortunate enough to obtain one of these books at MSRP ($19.95 plus $12.00 shipping from FordArtHouse.com.

Well, it sold for $152.50!!!

Assuming I receive payments OK, I sold the ones that I had. But, I will be finding out tomorrow if I can get ahold of a few more. So, if anyone wants me to reserve one for them, just let me know.

However many reservation requests I have by tomorrow morning for $100+ per copy, I will TRY to get that many. Please email me at james.jennifer@shaw.ca to confirm if you are wanting one, or

PM me if you have any questions here, so I can keep all of this straight and simple.

Thanks,

KingCobra.

post-1791-1199657024_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1199657024_thumb.jpg

Hmmm, the description uner the Book on the Shelbyperformanceparts website says, this is a book every GT500 owner should have.

I thought they built alot more than 500 GT500s?

I could be wrong but I thought there has been well over 10k built so far?

Good point, and I don't know why so few were done, and why they ran out so early. I was caught off guard, when I tried to order one, and they were gone.

I don't have a crystal ball, but everyone I spoke to about this book is adament that there will not be a second printing. I didn't want to take that chance, and

found another source. Not the same price, but.......

Who ever has emailed me by tomorrow morning, I will try to get you a copy. I will try to get extras, but don't know how hopeful I am.

Let me know ASAP!!!

KingCobra.

Good point, and I don't know why so few were done, and why they ran out so early. I was caught off guard, when I tried to order one, and they were gone.

I don't have a crystal ball, but everyone I spoke to about this book is adament that there will not be a second printing.

I didn't want to take that chance, and found another source. Not the same price, but.......

Who ever has emailed me by tomorrow morning, I will try to get you a copy. I will try to get extras, but don't know how hopeful I am.

Let me know ASAP!!!

KingCobra.

King,

Since you already have your book(s) are you going to share your source with us so we can get one?

Drained the last of the stock today by ordering the LAST 10 BOOKS!!!

Three of the ten are already spoken for, so I having them shipped to The Wynn in Las Vegas for the Carroll Shelby Birthday Bash,

so the last seven people will be able to get their books autographed by Carroll if they want to.

I will be posting this on the Carroll Shelby Birthday Bash Forum for the party guests.

KingCobra.

Good Job King!!!!!!!!!!!

Some seem to forget this is a free market economy.

Hell if STUPID PARENTS are willing to pay 1500 each for Hanna Montana Tickets, then 100-150 for a 29.00 Shelby Limited edition book isn't too bad.

I just wish I had thought if it first. Awesome Job!!

Oopa Just gave it away...... that I'm not a liberal.

Meckonica

07XL0226

#2 of 15

Black 40th Vert with

Snake, Brakes, and Shifter

Drained the last of the stock today by ordering the LAST 10 BOOKS!!!

Three of the ten are already spoken for, so I having them shipped to The Wynn in Las Vegas for the Carroll Shelby Birthday Bash,

so the last seven people will be able to get their books autographed by Carroll if they want to.

I will be posting this on the Carroll Shelby Birthday Bash Forum for the party guests.

KingCobra.

Good Job King!!!!!!!!!!!

Some seem to forget this is a free market economy.

Hell if STUPID PARENTS are willing to pay 1500 each for Hanna Montana Tickets, then 100-150 for a 29.00 Shelby Limited edition book isn't too bad.

I just wish I had thought if it first. Awesome Job!!

Oopa Just gave it away...... that I'm not a liberal.

Meckonica

07XL0226

#2 of 15

Black 40th Vert with

Snake, Brakes, and Shifter

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the support Mike. Hell, when one just sold on EBAY for $152.50 yesterday, I thought my pricing was more than fair. Carroll's name holds high market value, that's

one of the reasons that we "invested" in our cars, and not something else.

Talk to you soon my friend.

KingCobra.

Archived