TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrett Jackson Shelby GT?

cwilder

Any one on the forum buy one? I really like this car, the vert is a great looking combo. Add some black razors and you have a very special car. Does anyone know if they still have some for sale in AZ? I'm in Texas and was considering this as a daily driver. Not sure I could locate one though.

CW

Any one on the forum buy one? I really like this car, the vert is a great looking combo. Add some black razors and you have a very special car. Does anyone know if they still have some for sale in AZ? I'm in Texas and was considering this as a daily driver. Not sure I could locate one though.

CW

Yep. Two convertibles (1x5-speed, 1xauto) on order. I intend to park the 5-speed (only time will tell if this is wise) and add a blower to the auto (I have a bad back or would have gotten two 5-speeds).

They are available only from Arizona dealers and I'll tell you that they are now rare as hen's teeth. I got the two convertibles (sequential VIN numbers) that at last report were the only two convertibles left. He had two coupes available, but that was before Christmas and he didn't expect them to last. One dealer seemed clueless and wasn't talking until their cars showed up.

Deliveries are not scheduled yet. The Shelby tracking site still showed them "in transit to Vegas". I'd expect that there will be a handfull done and in Phoenix dealers hands before the auction and that the rest will dribble out afterwards.

I'm also told by a dealer (close to the auction site who helped me find my cars) that all of their cars were sold, and that two BJ employees are buying two each from him. Of the total of 100 he also said that Ford is holding back 20 and BJ is holding back 10 (not including the employees' purchases). I think in reality it might be that 20 are being held back between the two. This means that of the total of 100, either 80 (or maybe 70) are available to us mere mortals.

Start calling the Ford dealers in the valley as most of them went to Phoenix area. There are none in Tucson (two dealer names but the same mothership owner.) I did find one coupe in Flagstaff.

They are now going for a premium too. Buying two helped but did not eliminate it.

I'm in Colorado and trying to intercept the delivery to either pick them up in Vegas or have them shipped here from Vegas instead of Phoenix. I'd drive the auto back from either place but am really worried about the weather - either way has some high mountain passes. If you keep track they shut down I-70 over the Continental Divide for almost 24 hours. Driving one of these in that kind of weather doesn't make sense.

If you email me off line I'll send you some dealer's names.

Good luck!

Thanks Tony! Let me know if you change your mind and decide to sell one of your two. You might have to change your screen name though! :hysterical2: Anyway, I'll make a few calls and maybe get lucky :dreamy:

CW

My friend in Vegas checked and said that somehow he'd found two BJ special editions up there, but that they were gone. Apparently some Arizona dealer traded them (which would be allowed). Both were coupes so I wasn't too interested in following up with more details.

If there are Black/Red paint schemes they shouldn't be Barrett Jackson badged since all of them were supposed to go to Arizona dealers. But then again we all know that rules are made to be broken.

My friend in Vegas checked and said that somehow he'd found two BJ special editions up there, but that they were gone. Apparently some Arizona dealer traded them (which would be allowed). Both were coupes so I wasn't too interested in following up with more details.

If there are Black/Red paint schemes they shouldn't be Barrett Jackson badged since all of them were supposed to go to Arizona dealers. But then again we all know that rules are made to be broken.

There are 4 dealers in Nevada showing them

Ford Country, Gaudin Ford, Friendly Ford and Team Ford. Team Ford shows 2 (these are coupes

Ford Country and Friendly Ford show a vert as well as a coupe

I assume these are Barrett-Jackson editions unless they are doing something special for NV dealers. These are Black GT Mustangs all ordered with the Shelby Upfitters Package.

There are 4 dealers in Nevada showing them

Ford Country, Gaudin Ford, Friendly Ford and Team Ford. Team Ford shows 2 (these are coupes

Ford Country and Friendly Ford show a vert as well as a coupe

I assume these are Barrett-Jackson editions unless they are doing something special for NV dealers. These are Black GT Mustangs all ordered with the Shelby Upfitters Package.

Could you post a VIN number for the convertibles? I looked at both web sites inventory and didn't find anything that looked like the BJ base. Also, if they have them in stock then they aren't BJ models since they haven't been built yet.

Thanks!

I found these automatic BJ SGT verts, just searching the dealer inventories in the Phoenix area. Look for black cars with the GT upfitters packages

Mel Clayton Ford, Phoenix 1zvht85H685152321

Sanderson Ford, Phoenix, 1zvht85h785153090

Dan Grubb Ford, Phoenix 1zvht85h885153115

Bell Ford, Phoenix 1zvht85h485152446

Sunset Ford, Peoria, AZ 1zvht85h785153106

Ford of N. Scottsdale, AZ 1zvht85hx85153133

Earnhardt Ford , Chandler, AZ (2 of them) 1zvht85h385153085, 1zvht85h985153091

Yep. Two convertibles (1x5-speed, 1xauto) on order. I intend to park the 5-speed (only time will tell if this is wise) and add a blower to the auto (I have a bad back or would have gotten two 5-speeds).

Deliveries are not scheduled yet. The Shelby tracking site still showed them "in transit to Vegas". I'd expect that there will be a handfull done and in Phoenix dealers hands before the auction and that the rest will dribble out afterwards.

I'm in Colorado and trying to intercept the delivery to either pick them up in Vegas or have them shipped here from Vegas instead of Phoenix. I'd drive the auto back from either place but am really worried about the weather - either way has some high mountain passes. If you keep track they shut down I-70 over the Continental Divide for almost 24 hours. Driving one of these in that kind of weather doesn't make sense.

If you email me off line I'll send you some dealer's names.

Good luck!

Two, I believe you called me today and left me a message. I'm Chris and I work at Shelby Autos. I will be calling you back tomorrow in regards to your questions. Sorry, I was extremely busy today and did not get a chance to call you.

For informational purposes, there will be 100 Barrett Jackson S-GT's being produced in total. They will begin shipping around January 14th. As far as I can tell, no more will be made after this. So, if you want one, get on the phones!

You can also option the car up with S/C, brakes, etc (see the dealers, they have my list).

Very pretty and unique combo with exclusive badging....more to come soon!

Thanks,

Chris

Could you post a VIN number for the convertibles? I looked at both web sites inventory and didn't find anything that looked like the BJ base. Also, if they have them in stock then they aren't BJ models since they haven't been built yet.

Thanks!

They probably aren't in stock yet. They are probably still sitting at SAI. Ford puts the vehicle into the locator system once they release it from the plant.

The one at Ford Country is 1ZVHT85H085153089

The one at Friendly Ford is 1ZVHT85H685153078

They both have the same options

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 180A-PREM CONV G

GT REAR DECKLID SPOILER

POWER 6-WAY DRIVER'S SEAT

17" PREMIUM PAINTED CAST AL

SHAKER 500 AUDIO SYSTEM

ANTI-LOCK BRAKES

TRACTION CONTROL

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

BLACK CLEARCOAT

DARK CHARCOAL LEATHER

.4.6L 3V OHC V8 ENGINE

.5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

CLOTH CONVERTIBLE ROOF 230

.BLACK

INTERIOR UPGRADE PACKAGE 460

CHARCOAL ALUMINUM PANEL

ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM 325

FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET

WHEEL LOCKING KIT 50

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC 195

HID HEADLAMPS 525

GT UPFITTERS PACKAGE 2,140

.235/50/ZR18 TIRE

.REAR SPOILER DELETE

.3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE

.18" BLACK PAINTED ALUM WHEEL

SHAKER 1000 AUDIO SYSTEM 1,295

PONY CENTER CAP

AMBIENT LIGHTING 295

Two, I believe you called me today and left me a message. I'm Chris and I work at Shelby Autos. I will be calling you back tomorrow in regards to your questions. Sorry, I was extremely busy today and did not get a chance to call you.

For informational purposes, there will be 100 Barrett Jackson S-GT's being produced in total. They will begin shipping around January 14th. As far as I can tell, no more will be made after this. So, if you want one, get on the phones!

You can also option the car up with S/C, brakes, etc (see the dealers, they have my list).

Very pretty and unique combo with exclusive badging....more to come soon!

Thanks,

Chris

Hey Chris!

Thanks for the info. Yes, I left you several messages as I really want to intercept #105 before it goes to Phoenix and get a blower on #106!

I got an email from John W too so it looks like you guys are working overtime.

We visit friends in Vegas 2-3 times a year. I'm worried about getting a ticket (Colorado HP watches the freeways). Is there a place I can wrap it up out there? Do you have a run or access to the track?

By the way, you guys are great! I can't think of any other high performance shop where we actually get to talk to you.

Thanks!

Tony

They probably aren't in stock yet. They are probably still sitting at SAI. Ford puts the vehicle into the locator system once they release it from the plant.

The one at Ford Country is 1ZVHT85H085153089

The one at Friendly Ford is 1ZVHT85H685153078

They both have the same options

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 180A-PREM CONV G

GT REAR DECKLID SPOILER

POWER 6-WAY DRIVER'S SEAT

17" PREMIUM PAINTED CAST AL

SHAKER 500 AUDIO SYSTEM

ANTI-LOCK BRAKES

TRACTION CONTROL

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

BLACK CLEARCOAT

DARK CHARCOAL LEATHER

.4.6L 3V OHC V8 ENGINE

.5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

CLOTH CONVERTIBLE ROOF 230

.BLACK

INTERIOR UPGRADE PACKAGE 460

CHARCOAL ALUMINUM PANEL

ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM 325

FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET

WHEEL LOCKING KIT 50

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC 195

HID HEADLAMPS 525

GT UPFITTERS PACKAGE 2,140

.235/50/ZR18 TIRE

.REAR SPOILER DELETE

.3.55 RATIO LIMITED SLIP AXLE

.18" BLACK PAINTED ALUM WHEEL

SHAKER 1000 AUDIO SYSTEM 1,295

PONY CENTER CAP

AMBIENT LIGHTING 295

Yep, looks like the right base, but will it become a Barrett Jackson? These LV cars seem out of place given that they are all supposed to be going to Arizona dealers.

Yep, looks like the right base, but will it become a Barrett Jackson? These LV cars seem out of place given that they are all supposed to be going to Arizona dealers.

Unless SAI is building a black SGT special for just NV dealers then these would have to be Barrett-Jackson editions.

Don't know if these dealers were given allocation for some or if maybe they bought this allocation from some AZ dealers or what. All I do know is that they are showing they have 2008 Black GT Mustangs ordered with the Shelby GT Upfitters Package.

Archived