TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 First 500 mile experiences

1970boss302

Well we just turn 500 miles on our 2008 White with Blue strips GT500.

I am still blown away by the power of this car. We have no problems

and the car is garaged for the winter. We like the ride and the blue

back ground lighting of the gauges. The clutch can be a bit touchy in

in take off but the car is GREAT no regrets. from the Pennsylvania Dutch Country

Please give us your thought on your GT500.

Well we just turn 500 miles on our 2008 White with Blue strips GT500.

I am still blown away by the power of this car. We have no problems

and the car is garaged for the winter. We like the ride and the blue

back ground lighting of the gauges. The clutch can be a bit touchy in

in take off but the car is GREAT no regrets. from the Pennsylvania Dutch Country

Please give us your thought on your GT500.

Yes, I have 336 miles on mine. It gets a look or comment every time it's out between snow storms. The power is very impressive and the handling is light years above my 86 5.0. I haven't been able to really test the suspension with outside temperatures varying between 15 and 45F, the F1 tire thing... Can wait from one of Colorado's 75F Chinook winds this Spring! The car is everything I thought it was going to be and more. It is the first car I bought w/o a test drive. Thanks to the board members, I collected enough information, it was like I had a test drive way before I picked it up at the dealer. I recommend the car to anyone.

Have 359 miles logged on mine now. Car is crazy fast with 1st and 2nd gear terrifying. The car brings a lot of attention to itself....it really is a thing of beauty.

Only problem now is saving extra dough for some mods. I already have the passenger side airbag cover on it's way to be signed by Carroll Shelby and i ordered the dash plaque last night. Next up is Bassini mufflers.

Two months old and mine has 1300 miles on it. I use it as much as possible. I recommend the 40th anniversary Borla mufflers. They give the car the growl it needs without getting to obmoxious. I am going to Dyno mine Saturday and try a few mods. The cars power is always there and truely an awsome ride.

Hey all,

Just rolled over 500 miles yesterday, have had the car for 5 weeks. Absolutely love it!

Can't wait for summer so we can drop the top, and cruise the coastline....

No mods yet, axle backs will deliver late this week, JLT stage II to will happen in Feb, suspension mods to follow after that...

Happy Motoring

Two months old and mine has 1300 miles on it. I use it as much as possible. I recommend the 40th anniversary Borla mufflers. They give the car the growl it needs without getting to obmoxious. I am going to Dyno mine Saturday and try a few mods. The cars power is always there and truely an awsome ride.

I'm glad you like your GT500...So do I. I've been searching the web for Borla 40th anniversary mufflers. What is the stock number is or where you can find the 40th anniversary Borla. Thanks.

I'm glad you like your GT500...So do I. I've been searching the web for Borla 40th anniversary mufflers. What is the stock number is or where you can find the 40th anniversary Borla. Thanks.

LITTLE over 500 miles 3 weeka old all I can say its awesome the power is there. We will go to a few car shows this summer and maybe shelby fest some where enjoy and be safe!!!!

I don't enough miles yet as I the weather here sucks. I'm still under 100 miles. I have a '99 blown Cobra to compare to and the GT 500 blows it away. The Cobra is set up to handle and it's almost as fast but the GT 500 seems so refined by comparison and is still faster. I drove a coupe at the dealer and couldn't believe how quiet the car is. I like that. I live in a small town and I got the red vert because most people won't notice that I changed cars. Only the Mustang fans around here will know.

Bought mine on Nov 15th... and Now have 1625 miles on the Car. :happy feet:

I Changed the Oil out at the 1500mi mark... This car is just amazing.... Yes it gets

looks everytime you take her out... I have had on two occassions people taking

pics of the car as I drove down the HWY. You can tell the difference in the people

that think WOW what a great looking car, and those that are car enthusiests. The

first group will look and and look a second time. The second group will try and catch

up to you or break their neck looking back if they are going in the opposite direction. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Had a couple in a new Seleen Vert Roll by me very slowly to take a look at the car

yesterday and both waived and a thumbs up giving the car a nice salute.

My Wife finally got her nerve up to drive the car for the first time yesterday also. She

is a mustang girl but wasnt in a hurry to take the car for a spin. When she had her

88 5.0 vert she got lots of tickets. Well after her spin in the car all she could say was :censored:

I liked that way too much and WOW is it FAST :hysterical2: I think she is going to have

an even harder time than I am, keeping her FOOT out of the pedal. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

I only have 368 miles on mine so not much road time as of yet. I did have a guy in an '04 Mach 1 come to a stop in the middle of the road and roll his window down to hear me as i made a left turn. I gave him a thumbs up and a blip of the throttle for his efforts.

I picked up my car Friday from the dealer, and I just turned 500 miles coming back from Austin last night... I am averaging about 180 miles a day! and I am thinking of going home to pick it up and take out this afternoon again!! Yeah, occasional driver my a**...If this keeps up, Im gonna need an intervention!!!

I had to just stare at it in the garage last night...It is so beautiful! Any color is great, but the Balck w/ red stripes gets SO many looks from the people who don't know what it is!! I have had 70 year olds in their Lexus' (its okay, thats my other car too) pull up and go gaga over this car!!

This car is not for the shy or faint of heart for sure!!

Everyone said you wont regret getting it and all the positive statements just can't be stated to understand the feeling you get behind the wheel. I have driven just about everything, and I have to say, this is the BEST muscle car EVER factory produced, and certainly has every modern touch that I appreciate...the shaker 1000 is perfect for a verte!!

All that power, and loud tunes to boot!!!

Somebody pinch me!! :happy feet:

I picked up my car Friday from the dealer, and I just turned 500 miles coming back from Austin last night... I am averaging about 180 miles a day! and I am thinking of going home to pick it up and take out this afternoon again!! Yeah, occasional driver my a**...If this keeps up, Im gonna need an intervention!!!

I had to just stare at it in the garage last night...It is so beautiful! Any color is great, but the Balck w/ red stripes gets SO many looks from the people who don't know what it is!! I have had 70 year olds in their Lexus' (its okay, thats my other car too) pull up and go gaga over this car!!

This car is not for the shy or faint of heart for sure!!

Everyone said you wont regret getting it and all the positive statements just can't be stated to understand the feeling you get behind the wheel. I have driven just about everything, and I have to say, this is the BEST muscle car EVER factory produced, and certainly has every modern touch that I appreciate...the shaker 1000 is perfect for a verte!!

All that power, and loud tunes to boot!!!

Somebody pinch me!! :happy feet:

Yea.....The red stripe GT500s are cool. I have a hardtop coupe and with a little over 435mi...got it July 13,2007. Each time I take it out I get stares like I'm a rock star or something. I have owned 5 mustangs and by far this is the most wicked....in all gears !! Especially in PARK.

ItalianStallion

Yea.....The red stripe GT500s are cool. I have a hardtop coupe and with a little over 435mi...got it July 13,2007. Each time I take it out I get stares like I'm a rock star or something. I have owned 5 mustangs and by far this is the most wicked....in all gears !! Especially in PARK.

ItalianStallion

You must have one of those really rare red stripe packages - the one with an automatic! :hysterical:

Currently have over 12,000 KMs (roughly 7000 miles) on mine. Unfortunately, it has been stored since late October and should be back on the road in 3 months or so. I love everything about the car: awsome power, handles very well and surprisingly comfortable for what it is. As many here said, it is very refined.

On top of that, it looks fantastic. Almost every time I stopped at a gas stations, people would ask questions about the car and make very positive comments about it.

Just can't wait 'til April to get it back on the road.

Archived