TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hood pins

75coug

I have read some mention of a problem with the hood pins on the '07 SGT, but nowhere did I see exactly the nature of the problem (is it a defect?) or why a fix is necessary. I apologize for my ignorance and would welcome some information on the subject. I did a couple of searches, but did not find a succinct topic on the subject. Thanks.

I have read some mention of a problem with the hood pins on the '07 SGT, but nowhere did I see exactly the nature of the problem (is it a defect?) or why a fix is necessary. I apologize for my ignorance and would welcome some information on the subject. I did a couple of searches, but did not find a succinct topic on the subject. Thanks.

The only problem I have seen or read about with the stock SGT hoodpins is when the idiots, myself included, pop the hood without releasing the pins. This causes wrinkles in the pin plates. The questions and issues have been with the extensive modifications required to install the Shelby Billet style pins. Which, by the way , look great when installed.

The only problem I have seen or read about with the stock SGT hoodpins is when the idiots, myself included, pop the hood without releasing the pins. This causes wrinkles in the pin plates. The questions and issues have been with the extensive modifications required to install the Shelby Billet style pins. Which, by the way , look great when installed.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

There is one issue with SOME early hood pin sets where the ring would pop from the pin when attempting to close it down on the plate. This was corrected in later versions and is covered under warranty and a "do-it-yourself" easy job! Heck I even did it!

Other than that there are no known issues that I am aware of.

-jeff

There wasn't really a problem with them................they were just cheap, you can buy the same set at any auto parts place for 19.99. The billet ones are much nicer, both with function and looks.

If I'm not mistaken, they were rusting and scratching. I just ordered a new set from shelbyauto's for like 100 bucks, but they are back ordered. The pins look HOT!

The reports of rust were the 06 GT-H pin sets, I've never seen reports of rust on the stainless 07 sets. The scratching is more to do with not enough care when sliding in or out. The new ones are nice too but I like the look of the older ones.

Ditto

Before my SGT was sent to me the salesman told me he noticed that the hood pin hardware was bent. He pulled a set off of an 08' model that was setting on the show room and they actually look so much nicer. They have Shelby on them and look fairly expensive. Guess I got lucky.

Before my SGT was sent to me the salesman told me he noticed that the hood pin hardware was bent. He pulled a set off of an 08' model that was setting on the show room and they actually look so much nicer. They have Shelby on them and look fairly expensive. Guess I got lucky.

You sure did ! Especially if your car is an 07, as the ones that say "Shelby GT " are exclusive to the 08's. The ones that you can order from SPP only say "shelby" .

The billet ones are soooooooo much nicer.

There is one issue with SOME early hood pin sets where the ring would pop from the pin when attempting to close it down on the plate. This was corrected in later versions and is covered under warranty and a "do-it-yourself" easy job! Heck I even did it!

Other than that there are no known issues that I am aware of.

-jeff

Hello, all. The new model pins do look a lot better. Here's a picture of black on black.

Hey 7, that really looks great. Would almost make me want to trade my white one for black :hysterical: Seriously...they look great. Thanks for posting the pic.

Jim

in reference of rust issue; i believe its from the nuts used on the pin threads...i believe the pins themselves are stainless but the nuts arent.

my 07 has some rust around the threads but its from the nuts or maybe the mounting bracket where the pin goes through...one or the other or both......i guess :headscratch:

On the 08's is the "Shelby" on top and the GT on bottom of the plate or is it like the one's 70NE7 has but with GT on the top? Or better yet, does anyone have a good picture of the 08 pins.

The say "Shelby" on top and "GT" on the bottom. Sorry no pics and from what I understand the only difference in the 08 and the new pins you can get from SPP is the ones from SPP dont have the "GT".

The ones SPP has are currently on backorder. They should be shipping in about 2 weeks, I hope.

Archived