TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Instructions for installing the center arnrest cover.

You've got to take your time and be carefull not to cut away to much material. First I dis-assembled the armrest and then test fitted the cover to see how I wanted to align it. Then I used 3M spray adhesive on the backside of the cover and the top surface of the armrest, let the dry until tacky and then caefully put them together making sure to get them aligned properly. Once I got the main upper surface attached then I folded the cover around to the back side and trimmed excess material but leaving enough to go underneath the inner liner and then applied adhesive to one edge/corner at a time and stretched the material over the armrest. Once all the edges are bonded I re-installed the liner and hinge. This was pretty much how the instructions stated how to install, just make sure to take your time and don't cut more material than you have to. I got frustraited several times as I though it was laying down as it should but as I worked with it more sometimes pulling up a corner and re-applying it finally came out just fine and looks great.

Good luck, Don

It's not an exact match but looks good and once I get the head rest covers I assume they will match the armrest.

Another good trick, before you start putting the cover on either heat it in a dryer or use a hair dryer. Either one of these will make the material more plyable and easier to install. It is a lot of work. Mine looks great from the top, not so perfect on the bottom.

The color of this as well as the head rest covers are black, not to be confused with the charcoal color my interior is. I didn't mind it on the armrest, but I sent the headrest covers back, they looked tacky with the different color.

Archived