TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What the competion is doing

Just thought you all would enjoy some pictures of the competition. I know we Ford people like to be well informed about everything that is going on around us. First picture is what the other guys will be seeing. What does everyone think? I think the cuda looks great and the yellow camaro is looking pretty good. They cant hold a candle to the Mustang though.

post-4943-1149254303_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149254342.jpg

post-4943-1149254361_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149254381_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149254393_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149278094_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149278111_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149278133_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149254303_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149254342.jpg

post-4943-1149254361_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149254381_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149254393_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149278094_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149278111_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1149278133_thumb.jpg

For more on this see this site. NewAge Muscle cars.com And check the video of the Challenger concept out and about with car people and a little round guy named FOOSE! :happy feet:

Found a picture of Pontiacs effort and added it also.

This is remarkable.

Deja Vu

What will be interesting to me, is whether or not the younger generation will gravitate toward these cars - or stay with the imports.

Very cool stuff, indeed. :shift:

(A Hemi Cuda would be hard to resist!)

This is remarkable.

Deja Vu

What will be interesting to me, is whether or not the younger generation will gravitate toward these cars - or stay with the imports.

Very cool stuff, indeed. :shift:

(A Hemi Cuda would be hard to resist!)

I don't think the younger crowd can afford them...unless we're talking about your shrink's kids. :happy feet:

I'm happy the Dodge is coming back - especially if they offer the retro colors (Plum Crazy etc...). Camaro concept? Boy, I like the idea of it coming back to life, but not the way it looked at the auto show a few months ago. Stop with the extreme angle design and come back to reality. :sos:

Just thought you all would enjoy some pictures of the competition. I know we Ford people like to be well informed about everything that is going on around us. First picture is what the other guys will be seeing. What does everyone think? I think the cuda looks great and the yellow camaro is looking pretty good. They cant hold a candle to the Mustang though.

Where did you get these renderings? The maros' on your post look so much better than the ones at the auto shows. Is this a closer to a production car, if so my GT500 is in jeopardy depending on the performance #s.

I expect the DC Challenger to make it to production first. DC has proven their ability to move quickly from proto to production. A 'Cuda (even one that is not a Plymouth) with the SRT8 engine would be very cool, and fill the void in price between the Mustang GT and the GT500.

GM will take a while to get things rolling, but when they do....Watch out! An SS 427 is a must. I just don't see them pricing them for the correct market. This is where they failed in the past. [side note: Have you seen the spy info on the Blue Devil Corvette? NEAT!]

Either way, it will be a while before the max performance versions see the streets. Both GM and DC are drooling over Ford's success with the 05+ Mustang. But I expect both companies to have issues unless they plan on using an existing, but modified, platform.

IF Ford can keep the performance ball rolling, they can stay a step ahead...not that I expect this to happen. I would love to see a Boss 330 show up, with attention to weight and an aluminum block high compression, high revving 5.4L using the FR500c intake or a variation of the Hurricane engine - just dreaming. ;)

Archived