TEAM SHELBY FORUM

About how many CSX8000's have been produced so far?

davy

I would guess no more than a few dozen.... Amy could give a hard count for us.

A shame since it is REALly the true "genuine" Shelby Cobra, since body and frame have to be fab'd in house.

Since the CSX4000 is farmed out, I would guess there is not much frame-building going on in LV any more.

I would guess no more than a few dozen.... Amy could give a hard count for us.

I was hoping for more than a guess, as I could have guessed that.

A shame since it is REALly the true "genuine" Shelby Cobra, since body and frame have to be fab'd in house.

Since the CSX4000 is farmed out, I would guess there is not much frame-building going on in LV any more.

Actually, Shelby never did any frame construction until the last ten years.

I was hoping for more than a guess, as I could have guessed that.

Actually, Shelby never did any frame construction until the last ten years.

Would you like the actual number? ..and where they are now?

As far as the frames... the point was that modern CSX 'glas cars were built from the ground up at SA in LV...

...now, that is no more with the outsourcing of the 4000 series. The 8000 series is still hand made in-house, frame up.

Would you like the actual number? ..and where they are now?

Well, just how many.

As far as the frames... the point was that modern CSX 'glas cars were built from the ground up at SA in LV...

...now, that is no more with the outsourcing of the 4000 series. The 8000 series is still hand made in-house, frame up.

And for your information, so are the glass CSX7000's.

• 2 months later...
Well, just how many.

And for your information, so are the glass CSX7000's.

Just to keep things straight . All of the early hand formed aluminum bodied cobras had their frames built at Shelby American also. These were fairly early cobras with custom bodied by Bruce Kimmins and Bill Leahy and a few others before Shelby worked a deal with Kirkham to use his cars and rebadge them as Shelby's. I'm not sure of the exact number, but I would guess the number is very small and probably ended somewhere in the early to mid CSX 42xx chasis range.

• 1 year later...

Archived