TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mods to GT 500 and Effect on Long Term Value

mlawdawg

Thinking of selling my 06 mustang gt vert (1600 miles) and getting a GT 500. Wondering what effect mods have on collectability, specifically, having dealer add red stripes, painting red stripes, and having a pro tune it (port blower, smaller pulley, tune, shifter etc). Thx.

I wouldn't worry about collectability for about 25 years.

Drive your car and enjoy it now.

Let your son worry about collectability, just save your old parts for him.

Alan

Thinking of selling my 06 mustang gt vert (1600 miles) and getting a GT 500. Wondering what effect mods have on collectability, specifically, having dealer add red stripes, painting red stripes, and having a pro tune it (port blower, smaller pulley, tune, shifter etc). Thx.

No one knows for sure, but I can guarantee you that if you're looking to make money, and that's your primary reason for buying, buy a stock index fund instead...it will beat almost any car investment except perhaps those really rare Hemi convertibles from 1970.

Dave

Oh man... not this again! :banghead:

Get out your favorite crystal ball, rub it lovingly, look inside, and you'll have as much info as the rest of us.

Just enjoy the car and drive it.

Oh, and listen to AlloyDave's investment advice! He drinks diet lemonaid and has a smart goat for a pet!! :hysterical:

I agree. Keep the old parts and put them on when you need to. I'm getting new rims/tires and just put the JLT/Evo stage 1 kit on mine. If I want to sell the original stuff will go back on.

Don

+1. Anything that can be easily brought back to stock shouldn't bring the value down providided that you keep your original parts intact.

Oh man... not this again! :banghead:

Get out your favorite crystal ball, rub it lovingly, look inside, and you'll have as much info as the rest of us.

Just enjoy the car and drive it.

Oh, and listen to AlloyDave's investment advice! He drinks diet lemonaid and has a smart goat for a pet!! :hysterical:

+1, and if you are worried at all, how about get the car and keep it stock, then IF you want to make a change, go from there. Just remember, this is not an investment! Anyone thinking so best buy one, put it in a plastic bubble, and never drive it! Cause when 20-40 years rolls around, you will be competing with 10's of thousands of these! How collectible do your "really" think this will be? I say it may hold it's value better than average, but please, take Dave's advice, this is NOT an investment! Drive it and enjoy it or save your money! JMO.

If you are concerned about future value put the money into stocks or real estate.

Heck, put $50K into a stinking CD for 30 years at 5% and that will be worth more in 30 years!

In 30 years that would be worth $216,097.00

How much do you really think this car could possibly be worth with close to 25,000 of them being built over 3 years?

Oh the infinite wisdon from the stock pickers. I represent brokers and reps who get sued by unhappy clients. Get with me if the market turns south like the not too distant bear market and you get sued. Nobody in their right mind would bet on a car to make money. I was looking for sage adivce from collectors, as I'm not one. Just a wanna be. Just in case I kept it and oit was worth some dinero. I've heard difeerent things (certain engine work adds, detracts, form value). But thanks for the investment advice. What are your picks for next year, I'll be sure to avoid them. I'm a long termer.

The value is watching someones ( who knows what your driving ) mouth drop open when you pass... Or seeing your buddy crap himself when his 07 GTO gets dusted... The value is the feeling you get when you push the gas and the car wants to jump off the road.... AWESOME CAR.... AWESOME POWER!!

Z

Archived