TEAM SHELBY FORUM

70 GT500 Clone/Restomod?

All - I have a 1970 Fastback, with 351 Cleveland (302 Original), with factory air/power steering (missing), fold-down rear seats, and a fair amount of rust.

Was thinking since I have to replace the hood, front/rear bumpers, and do some quarter panel body work I'd do a restomod and put together a 1970 GT500 clone.

Do-able? Is there enough after market parts out there to pull it off? Worth the effort and $?

Just curious at this point...

Thanks,

Keith

** I'm an idiot... :doh: would a Moderator please move this post to the correct '69-70 GT500 forum please? Thanks!

*** Wow, plenty of views, but no comments... Guess the moderators don't even read this thread... Back to the drawing board!

• 2 weeks later...

Guess no one is a fan of RestoMods... :banghead:

All - I have a 1970 Fastback, with 351 Cleveland (302 Original), with factory air/power steering (missing), fold-down rear seats, and a fair amount of rust.

Was thinking since I have to replace the hood, front/rear bumpers, and do some quarter panel body work I'd do a restomod and put together a 1970 GT500 clone. Do-able? Are there enough after market parts out there to pull it off? Worth the effort and $?

Just curious at this point...

Thanks,

Keith

** I'm an idiot... :doh: would a Moderator please move this post to the correct '69-70 GT500 forum please? Thanks!

*** Wow, plenty of views, but no comments... Guess the moderators don't even read this thread... Back to the drawing board!

Archived