TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just might buy one tomorrow....

FastGuy68

Hello all! New member here. Looks like I might be getting back into the SVT family again. After waiting for what seems like an eternity for the prices to come back to reality I am ready to buy a new 2008 GT500 Coupe! I think I'm going with a Vista Blue W/White Stripes that has everything but the Nav. I have never had such a hard time picking a color since they all seem to look good on these cars!! But, after owning all Black/Black cars I am ready to buy something different. Most of my friends think I'm nuts for selling my "06" Viper Coupe and replacing it with one of these......until I tell them that it's right there in H.P. and will go way beyond with a few cheap mods! :hysterical2:

Hello all! New member here. Looks like I might be getting back into the SVT family again. After waiting for what seems like an eternity for the prices to come back to reality I am ready to buy a new 2008 GT500 Coupe! I think I'm going with a Vista Blue W/White Stripes that has everything but the Nav. I have never had such a hard time picking a color since they all seem to look good on these cars!! But, after owning all Black/Black cars I am ready to buy something different. Most of my friends think I'm nuts for selling my "06" Viper Coupe and replacing it with one of these......until I tell them that it's right there in H.P. and will go way beyond with a few cheap mods! :hysterical2:

Great I waited for 13 months from a small dealership with 1 07 & 1 08 and I had the 08 got it 12-06-07. This was the awesome machine 5 times more than I expected. What a great deal I got msrp and more car than I thought.You want be disapointed at all!!!!!

GET THE NAV. WHO NEEDS A 1000 WATTS AND ALL THE EXTRA WEIGHT.

GOOD COLOR PICK. I WENT THROUGHT THE SAME THING AND PICKED THE SAME COLORS AND IT LOOKS OUTSTANDING. IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. NOW MY PROBLEM IS THAT IT'S GOING TO BE CONVERTED TO A SUPER SNAKE #50 AND AFTER ALL THAT STRUGGLE IN PICKING OUT MY COLORS THEY WILL REMOVE THE BLUE STRIPES AND REPLACE IT WITH BLACK SUPER SNAKE STRIPES.

Mike,

Congrats!! I too had a hell of a time picking a color. Your right on that none of them look anything less than awesome. Everything I own tends to be black or silver and I wanted to break out of that, but which to pick? I really liked the look of the white with blue stripes (so GT350), and I thought the Grabber Orange looked good, but I finally saw a GT500 in a parking lot and it was Vista Blue with White Stripes. It was stunning!! The sun was on it just right and it just talked to me. I still don't have the car yet, should arrive late Jan early Feb timeframe. And I agree with getting the Nav over the Shaker 1000. It is all personal preference of course, but for me 500 watts is more than enough and the two subwoofers that come with the 1000 take up 1/4 to 1/3 of the trunk. Anyway, just my two cents.

Talk to you later,

Scott

Ok, my wife said she wants to see it before I buy it so....I'm just waiting for my 20 month old son to wake up from his nap then we're off to Omaha! :headspin: Normally it takes about 2 hours to make the trip but since we'll be taking the wifes SRT-8 Jeep I have a feeling it's going to take less than that today!! :shift: I'll update once I get home tonight but I'm pretty sure I'll own it by then. Pic's to follow........... :rockon: :burnout:

Ok, my wife said she wants to see it before I buy it so....I'm just waiting for my 20 month old son to wake up from his nap then we're off to Omaha! :headspin: Normally it takes about 2 hours to make the trip but since we'll be taking the wifes SRT-8 Jeep I have a feeling it's going to take less than that today!! :shift: I'll update once I get home tonight but I'm pretty sure I'll own it by then. Pic's to follow........... :rockon: :burnout:

Sounds fun, I wanna go, love spending other peoples money :happy feet:

I'm Jealous - you're gonna be riding tonight!

Who's driving it home - you or your wife ??? :)

She's home and in my garage!

Great way to start the new year ... my second most favorite color

Congratulations on her and enjoy !!

:headspin:

Fanastic! I'm envious.

How was the drive?

It was great!! I was originally going to go back in a few days and bring it home in my trailer but since the roads where dry and clean I drove it home. I have already decided it needs some lower gears 3:73's or maybe even 4:10's. I know changing them in my previous Cobras made a world of difference. I was surprised how much more solid the chassis feels over the SN95 platform......actually feels like it already has frame connectors installed. :rockon: Also, way too quiet......definetly need different exhaust since my wifes SRT Jeep drowns out the GT500 when sitting next to it at idle! :do what: Other than that I LOVE IT!

:headspin:

It was great!! I was originally going to go back in a few days and bring it home in my trailer but since the roads where dry and clean I drove it home. I have already decided it needs some lower gears 3:73's or maybe even 4:10's. I know changing them in my previous Cobras made a world of difference. I was surprised how much more solid the chassis feels over the SN95 platform......actually feels like it already has frame connectors installed. :rockon: Also, way too quiet......definetly need different exhaust since my wifes SRT Jeep drowns out the GT500 when sitting next to it at idle! :do what: Other than that I LOVE IT!

Congratulations FastGuy! You will be very happy with that color combination. I agree with you in both respects - the 3.31 gears are a big mismatch for this car and the exhaust is way too quiet.

You'll also begin to notice the antenna is too long, the side mirrors are cheap looking plastic and the rear sits too high, all of which are correctable. It's a great car nonetheless.

Congrats on a great car in the best color.

I agree about the exhaust....too quiet. The ride height is a bit too high also. I'll do a lot of researching before i touch the suspension. As for the 10' antenna, i just removed mine. Hey, it plays CD's......lol

Good luck with the car and be careful with 1st/2nd gear.

Also, way too quiet......definetly need different exhaust since my wifes SRT Jeep drowns out the GT500 when sitting next to it at idle! :do what: Other than that I LOVE IT!

I put the Corsas on the night I got home with it. I bought them before the car arrived at the dealer. The night I picked it up I cleaned it up. There was no way I could sleep knowing it was in my garage, so, I stayed up to about 3:00 or 4:00 installing the axle backs and detail cleaning it.

btw, axle backs are a real easy install on these.

Archived