TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vapor - Help and opinion

Joe Frito

I found a car in the color I want at MSRP (Vapor). There are two things that I am unsure about and need an opinion on.

#1. it has the two tone interior which I have not seen on Vapor yet. I do like the black/red interior but have only seen it on red, black or alloy cars. Does anyone else have this combination and if so how does it look in person? (i can only see it by pictures)

#2. the dealer installed the front licence bracket, so I will have 2 holes in the bumper when I remove it. The good news is it will be harder to notice with the black stripe, but what options do i have to cover this? Would putting new stripes over top of the holes help?

I am looking for honest opinions here, as I need to let the dealership know by close of business tomorrow if I am taking the car.

I found a car in the color I want at MSRP (Vapor). There are two things that I am unsure about and need an opinion on.

#1. it has the two tone interior which I have not seen on Vapor yet. I do like the black/red interior but have only seen it on red, black or alloy cars. Does anyone else have this combination and if so how does it look in person? (i can only see it by pictures)

#2. the dealer installed the front licence bracket, so I will have 2 holes in the bumper when I remove it. The good news is it will be harder to notice with the black stripe, but what options do i have to cover this? Would putting new stripes over top of the holes help?

I am looking for honest opinions here, as I need to let the dealership know by close of business tomorrow if I am taking the car.

Take the car.....I have seen one and looks very nice with the Crimson Interior. I would think that re-taping the fender will do the trick.

post-8158-1198956557_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture from the car. You can just see the front of the rear quarter to see the color. I think that it looks good with the body color, I'm just not sure with teh black stripes. Maybe I should get the red package stripes and put them on instead?

red_interior.jpg

Here is a picture from the car. You can just see the front of the rear quarter to see the color. I think that it looks good with the body color, I'm just not sure with teh black stripes. Maybe I should get the red package stripes and put them on instead?

Just Fyi Joe, the red stripe package is only available on black or white cars, and if you are stuck with the interior and exterior as is, it is to late to get red stripe anyway. (from factory anyway)

Personally, I wasn't a fan of vapor a/ black stripes, but my dealer got one in, and WOW it looks awesome! If I got a coupe, that's what I would have bought! B E A utiful man!

The front bracket is a big issue for me, but I have found out the holes are already there, the stripes just cover them, so at worst you just need the little stripe over the bumper replaced.

I don't think the coupe matters too much with interior, sinceit is only viable when door is open so if msrp is what matters, just go with it and you might end up with a rare build

Good luck!

Looks like MSRP deals are out there. If I were you I would not settle on the inserts or the holes. Look around. It is a lot of money to toss down in a hurry, more so if it is NOT exactly what you want. The fact that you are asking us to help you decide tells me this is not your car! just my opinion.

BTW, that is two guys that say re-stripe the front and problem gone, but there is no "holes" in the front bumper (nor the rear for that matter), there are only dimples. If he did mount anything, he drilled or tapped holes.... no stripe will fix that... just cover it! That might be ok for you?

liking the two tone interior is not the issue, as I do like the contrast in color. I just had not seen this option with a vapor car before and wanted to see if anyone else had seen one. I went out today to a dealer that has an alloy coupe with the crimson interior, as well as a vapor vert with all black sititng beside it. The red is much darker in person than what pictures show. I talked to the dealer in regards to re-striping the front bumper and it sounds like they will do that for me. I just need to figure out what they should put in the holes to fill them before they stripe them. Silicone perhaps?

liking the two tone interior is not the issue, as I do like the contrast in color. I just had not seen this option with a vapor car before and wanted to see if anyone else had seen one. I went out today to a dealer that has an alloy coupe with the crimson interior, as well as a vapor vert with all black sititng beside it. The red is much darker in person than what pictures show. I talked to the dealer in regards to re-striping the front bumper and it sounds like they will do that for me. I just need to figure out what they should put in the holes to fill them before they stripe them. Silicone perhaps?

If you can live with the red inside, and they will re-stripe, you need to make sure they order the exact stripes as there have been issues with just doing parts on a car. Just tell them up front it has to e exact or to your liking. As for filling the holes, the silicone is not a bad idea!

I will tell the dealer to have the holes fixed properly, sanded smooth and re-striped or no deal. I will know on Monday for sure if everything will go through so wish me luck. FYI I am in ALberta Canada, so I have been searching for the last 3 months for an MSRP deal with relly no luck. All of the cars I have found have been very far South or East, which makes it a pricey proposition to transport the car. This car is only 12 hour away from me, and the first I have found close at MSRP with the color I want. The only other color I was looking for is red with black stripes, but there are none out there at MSRP. I had a dealer in Idaho tell me he would sell me one at $1,000 over and let me order it the way I wanted, but he didn't know if he would have another allocation for an '08 and wouldn't find out until the end of January. My other worry with waiting is I have a feeling that our dollar will very soon take a dive in value and right now it is worth more than the US $ which will save me more money for mods in the future. Thanks everyone for your input!

thanks Money. I checked out the cars at the dealer you suggested. The Vapor is the same as the car I am looking at with the exception of the interior color, but the dealer is pretty much as far South East as you can go from me. I'll update everyone after Monday.

I finished the deal yesterday. What a great start to the New Year for me! I have the dealer including the front stripes which they will ship with the car and I will have teh front holes done myself. I want to make sure they are done to my liking. I will post pictures of the car once I have it in a couple of weeks.

I finished the deal yesterday. What a great start to the New Year for me! I have the dealer including the front stripes which they will ship with the car and I will have teh front holes done myself. I want to make sure they are done to my liking. I will post pictures of the car once I have it in a couple of weeks.

GREAT TO HEAR! Congratulations.

Congrats... I am sure everything will be ok!

Congratulations!!!

I'm sure you'll love every mile. I have a Tungsten Grey with the red interior. In my opinion from the pictures I've seen, the Vapor and Tungsten are pretty close. I love the combo and I've had a lot of people tell me how they didn't care for it, until they saw mine in person.

Anyhow good choice and can't wait to see the pictures!!

:happy feet:

Archived