TEAM SHELBY FORUM

clutch hiss

wildbill

Has anyone had a hissing noise when, say, backing out of your garage? I have taken my car to Ford and they replaced the clutch. The hiss is still there. The service manager told me that Ford is aware of this hissing and that some Shelby gt 500's have it and others don't. Also they say the noise is nothing to worry about. HELP it is driving me insane.

:beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

Do a search it has been discussed to death

Also check your Shelby owners supplement

PS welcome to the club...

Has anyone had a hissing noise when, say, backing out of your garage? I have taken my car to Ford and they replaced the clutch. The hiss is still there. The service manager told me that Ford is aware of this hissing and that some Shelby gt 500's have it and others don't. Also they say the noise is nothing to worry about. HELP it is driving me insane.

Actually, I have found as I've gotten older that it doesn't really hiss that much anymore, it kinda sounds more like a Tuba that needs tuning....

OH WAIT, I"M SORRY, YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT THE 500'S CLUTCH HISS. That hissing is perfectly normal.

I'm sorry, I was on a completely different subject.

Never mind.....

Actually, I have found as I've gotten older that it doesn't really hiss that much anymore, it kinda sounds more like a Tuba that needs tuning....

OH WAIT, I"M SORRY, YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT THE 500'S CLUTCH HISS. That hissing is perfectly normal.

I'm sorry, I was on a completely different subject.

Never mind.....

:hysterical:

CC

Archived