TEAM SHELBY FORUM

B-day Bash Plaque info

SGT/SC#0471

• 2 weeks later...

tommorow for pictures everyone. :waiting:

I am counting on the 5 or 6 of you that were standing there flashing away to get me copies of the photos of my handing the plaque to Mr. Shelby.(Got yours already 66DNA, thanks.)

I posted some details in the Birthday Bash sight already, but I will post photos here tomorrow will all the juicy details. Mr. Shelby was very happy. :superhero:

While the presentation may not have gone as planned, I wish to thank Michael (Mywickedshelby) for the excellent work, time and effort he put into making this general idea a reality. It was a labor of love. For someone who had never done anything like this you have done us all proud. Congratulations on a terriffic job Michael and thank you for your time and effort to see this idea through. The plaque was extremely professional and I did overhear Mr. Shelby say, "unbeleavible". You looked proud as a peacock Michael and rightfully so.

I cannot upload the photos, it says they are too large. Maybe someone can help. I can email the photos to accomplish this, let me know.

I can help.

Go to this thread I made on how to use photo bucket. It is easy and has no size limits that I have ever had a problem with. Let me know if you need any more help. PM me if you do.

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...ic=9559&hl=

The plaque said:

To the Greatest American Racing Driver and Builder of the World's Most Incredible Cars, thank you for not only living your dream, but allowing us to share in it, you have our undying gratitude. Happy 85th Birthday Mr. Carroll Shelby.

Followed by 2 columns: Birthday Bash Attendees and Other Contributors with each person's fullname, screen name and number of their car.

The plaque said:

To the Greatest American Racing Driver and Builder of the World's Most Incredible Cars, thank you for not only living your dream, but allowing us to share in it, you have our undying gratitude. Happy 85th Birthday Mr. Carroll Shelby.

Followed by 2 columns: Birthday Bash Attendees and Other Contributors with each person's fullname, screen name and number of their car.

Thanks again, very cool! Mr. Shelby looks like it made him smile, thats awesome! Great Idea Michael.....you the man!

Thank you very much, Michael. As one of the many that were unable to attend, I am pleased as punch to have my name on that gorgeous plaque! (Even spelled my name right!) :headspin:

Thanks again, I wish I was there... :banghead:

Dan

Well said! Thanks Mike!

Me, too!!

Michael hell of a job on the plaque my freind. Very impressive. I am going to have my wife d/l a pic of it and get a blown up copy made. As awesome as it must be to have Mr. Shelby sign something...I dont have anything signed persoanlly but will at some point soon....I cant imagine it feeling as good as knowing your name is on something that looks that classy, for such a good cause for one hell of a guy. Seriously a moving moment when I saw the pics. I knew I was going to regret not going. I wont make that mistake again next year.

... such a good cause for one hell of a guy. Seriously a moving moment when I saw the pics. I knew I was going to regret not going. I wont make that mistake again next year.

Webba says it best for me.....I'm speechless. Very nice job on the plaque. It's also cool to see so many of the old Shelbyautos.com forum members listed. thank you. I think I'm going to :cry:

If possible, I would also like the highest quality picture of the plaque. For the scrapbook.

Archived