TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I am Legend GT500

diamondback

I just seen the I am Legend movie and the opening scene is amazing. Since I have never heard a live GT500 running can someone tell me if that is how the stock Shelby GT500 car sounds? I heard the whine of the supercharger so I am assuming that is the real deal of the overall sound. Is this true or enhanced?

I just seen the I am Legend movie and the opening scene is amazing. Since I have never heard a live GT500 running can someone tell me if that is how the stock Shelby GT500 car sounds? I heard the whine of the supercharger so I am assuming that is the real deal of the overall sound. Is this true or enhanced?

This scene?

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop....php?cl=5460570

It's a fairly good representation. Can't complain. Too often the sound detail is overlooked with these things. They did a great job.

This scene?

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop....php?cl=5460570

It's a fairly good representation. Can't complain. Too often the sound detail is overlooked with these things. They did a great job.

Awesome!!! Thanks for posting the best part of the movie! Now I can watch it several times with my surround sound system turned way up.

Im going to finally see the movie this weekend. I wanted to drive my GT500 and give somebody the chance to hear the motor whine in person , but the wheather continues to be wet with lihgt snow or rain. Im hoping for some kind of break in the winter weather. Going out and just start it up.

Negative, I drive the same type of car, "07 White on Red, stock and both the exhaust and supercharger sound have been enhanced for the movie. Yes, you can modify the stock system to make it sound like that.

Not sure why the car was used in the opening scene of the movie since it is the only part played in the entire movie. Another vehicle (SUV) is used for most of the movie. The movie was shot in 2005/06 and Ford must have played a hand as a promotional bit. Either that or the director is a Shelby/Mustang lover.

Overall I thought the movie was disappointing. The first half was great but than it went down hill from there.

The movie was a remake of the 1973 original "Soylent Green" with Charlton Heston.

Here is a scene with the car that was left out of the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNRBEuuQzNc

Negative, I drive the same type of car, "07 White on Red, stock and both the exhaust and supercharger sound have been enhanced for the movie. Yes, you can modify the stock system to make it sound like that.

Not sure why the car was used in the opening scene of the movie since it is the only part played in the entire movie. Another vehicle (SUV) is used for most of the movie. The movie was shot in 2005/06 and Ford must have played a hand as a promotional bit. Either that or the director is a Shelby/Mustang lover.

Overall I thought the movie was disappointing. The first half was great but than it went down hill from there.

The movie was a remake of the 1973 original "Soylent Green" with Charlton Heston.

Here is a scene with the car that was left out of the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNRBEuuQzNc

Dude - don't know about your car, but we'll have to disagree here. It's a very good representation of the actual stock whine.

...and the orignal was 'Omega Man'...

Dude - don't know about your car, but we'll have to disagree here. It's a very good representation of the actual stock whine.

...and the orignal was 'Omega Man'...

My mistake, you are right, the original was the 1971 "The Omega Man" with Charlton Heston:

"The story takes place in the year 1977, two years after biological warfare between the People's Republic of China and the Soviet Union wiped out the entire human population, as revealed through flashback newsreel footage. Also in flashback, we learn that Army Colonel Robert Neville (Heston)—at the time a military scientist—had injected himself with an experimental vaccine for the disease which rendered him immune."

I still agree with FiaCobra who also thinks the exhaust and supercharger sound are more pronounced in the movie scene.

Keep in mind I'm running with a stock airbox/filter and not a CAI.

Archived