TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What if you could order?

redhorse1

First off, let me state this is just a "what if".

What if a person had put there name on a list to be the 1st to order a KR and had that in writing. Then the dealership were to get an allocation to order.

What would that place in line, being guaranteed a chance to order and get a KR be worth to someone else not including the crazy ADM's, just the opportunity to get "their" name in that spot.

I realize that this is a "what if"...but hey; what if?

It would be worth ZERO to me!

Here is a what if.

What if I had a customer willing to pay $200K and offered that dealer you were 1st in line at $150K for their KR and knock you off the list? They could just say they never got one and sell me their allocation. That way it would get ordered through our store instead and you would never know it happened.

What would that be worth to someone?

Just a what if. :hysterical:

It would be worth ZERO to me!

Here is a what if.

What if I had a customer willing to pay $200K and offered that dealer you were 1st in line at $150K for their KR and knock you off the list? They could just say they never got one and sell me their allocation. That way it would get ordered through our store instead and you would never know it happened.

What would that be worth to someone?

Just a what if. :hysterical:

whatsup.jpg:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

What is it worth to spend a boatload of cash on a tremendous car that you CAN'T mod or you ruin the value of and constantly see other GT500 drivers who have spent less, have a faster, better car than you AND have put a kid or two through school.

I will take my plain old 07 GT500 and smile all the way to the bank :superhero:

Just my .02

What is it worth to spend a boatload of cash on a tremendous car that you CAN'T mod or you ruin the value of and constantly see other GT500 drivers who have spent less, have a faster, better car than you AND have put a kid or two through school.

Just my .02

The Darkside has made you wise it has! No stinkin KR do we need.

Yoda.jpg

:hysterical2:

Just my .02

Who says you can't mod it? The way I look at it is if it's my ride and I want a 700 hp KR and am not concerned about pedigree who is going to stop me? Nobody. No disrespect to you or anyone else here but I like power, I love the KR and if my deal goes through I can't say I won't mod it. Especially if I get my ass handed to me by the dude who buys my GT500 from me. ;)

What if a person had put there name on a list to be the 1st to order a KR and had that in writing. Then the dealership were to get an allocation to order.

What would that place in line, being guaranteed a chance to order and get a KR be worth to someone else not including the crazy ADM's, just the opportunity to get "their" name in that spot.

And so let's hear the rest of the story, how much adm? is the spot GUARANTEED? then would the dealer let you sell your spot?? and would he honor your SALE? and what do you think your spot is worth??? and of course last of all does your dealer have allocation???

did he win the lotto or is hoping to????

You have a nice member number (insert rude comments here). Selling that too? :hysterical:

Who says you can't mod it? The way I look at it is if it's my ride and I want a 700 hp KR and am not concerned about pedigree who is going to stop me? Nobody. No disrespect to you or anyone else here but I like power, I love the KR and if my deal goes through I can't say I won't mod it. Especially if I get my ass handed to me by the dude who buys my GT500 from me. ;)

...............or someone you know that might be getting a Whipple 2.9 :hysterical2::hysterical2:

WOW! I didn't know I would be slammed so hard for just a "what if". Some of you guys are way to sensitive. This was just a simple question to see what that a "what if" would be worth. There are some folks with deeper pockets than myself that want one of these KR's at whatever it takes to get it. I have seen posted from other dealers willing to pay at least 40K to any dealer that gets one.

So; to the people that get "ticked" because the car of their dream is probably going to be priced so high that only the rich and famous have chance to get them....get in the boat with me, I'm tired of rowing!

WOW! I didn't know I would be slammed so hard for just a "what if". Some of you guys are way to sensitive. This was just a simple question to see what that a "what if" would be worth. There are some folks with deeper pockets than myself that want one of these KR's at whatever it takes to get it. I have seen posted from other dealers willing to pay at least 40K to any dealer that gets one.

So; to the people that get "ticked" because the car of their dream is probably going to be priced so high that only the rich and famous have chance to get them....get in the boat with me, I'm tired of rowing!

Bottom line the KR will be not different than the BS we all put up with trying to get the GT500. They will be hard to come by, high ADM's, dealer misinformation, and the top dogs will get to bite first. We get the scraps, if any are left. Soooo what is it worth... hard to tell, and hard to say. It goes back to the basic supply and demand. And with limited supply, and high demand, this car will fetch an ADM equal to the hype and line waiting for it. Me, myself, would not pay a dime over MSRP, just like I did my GT500. Deep pockets got nothing to do with it, it is brains and cash, or lack of one or the other!

Sorry RedHorse. Just having some fun. I apologize. But it is a neat number, 8's are supposed to be lucky.

To answer your question, many would pay something, just depends on their desperation. Happens every Christmas with the latest hard-to-get, must-have toy, like PlayStation 3 or something else. Someone would pay to take your place at the head of the line, I'm sure. Only way to know is to ask, or sell it on eBay if the dealer would allow a swap of names.

Sorry RedHorse. Just having some fun. I apologize. But it is a neat number, 8's are supposed to be lucky.

To answer your question, many would pay something, just depends on their desperation. Happens every Christmas with the latest hard-to-get, must-have toy, like PlayStation 3 or something else. Someone would pay to take your place at the head of the line, I'm sure. Only way to know is to ask, or sell it on eBay if the dealer would allow a swap of names.

You know I never noticed my member number. Kinda cool.

Hey it also depends on your dealer too,if they will let you sell your place, or if it has to be titled to you!!

even if the new buyer pays all ADM up front the dealer may say no to any one else, since it was your deal!! :redcard:

I have my allocation sold already and i would love to buy another------ but so would ANY dealer out there and once the rest are allocated i will surely try as hard as anybody else to get more bought!!

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

I remember getting slammed for this originally.

But, Yesterday I got a call from the buyer at my dealership. He said they got their allotment and I need to meet with him about ordering a KR ad putting down a deposit.

I have not discussed any ADM, but I will be keeping my fingers crossed. I just hope he doesnt price it out of my reach...I'm already on my toes.

WHAT IF.....

Hey guys,

But, Yesterday I got a call from the buyer at my dealership. He said they got their allotment and I need to meet with him about ordering a KR ad putting down a deposit.

I have not discussed any ADM, but I will be keeping my fingers crossed. I just hope he doesnt price it out of my reach...I'm already on my toes.

WHAT IF.....

I had a locater service call this week and offer me 3 KR's at 50+ over so maybee you can get a deal!!

Hey guys,

WHAT IF.....

EVEN AT MSRP THE CAR IS OVERPRICED FOR WHAT YOU GET, THE KR IS PRICED ON HYPE, RARITY, AND THE NAME ( KR ), GET A GT500 AND HAVE IT S.S. YOU WILL BE BETTER OFF. HARD TO PASS UP A KR AT STICKER BUT THAT IS ALOT OF MONEY FOR THAT CAR MY OPINION. BUT I DO LOVE THE CAR, JUST NOT THE SPOILER

EVEN AT MSRP THE CAR IS OVERPRICED FOR WHAT YOU GET, THE KR IS PRICED ON HYPE, RARITY, AND THE NAME ( KR ), GET A GT500 AND HAVE IT S.S. YOU WILL BE BETTER OFF. HARD TO PASS UP A KR AT STICKER BUT THAT IS ALOT OF MONEY FOR THAT CAR MY OPINION. BUT I DO LOVE THE CAR, JUST NOT THE SPOILER

Well, I guess everyone was right. he dream of actually getting a KR were dashed over the rocks.

The dealer offered me a "SWEET" deal. That would have been a $20,000.00 non-refundable deposit with $105,000.00 due upon delivery.

With that kind of deal I could get a GT500 for almost every day of the week.

It's been fun keeping up with all the hype of the GT500KR, I hope that the people who can actually afford one will at least, for the sake of us dreamers; drive them and not just store them in hopes of making bank 20 years from now.

But the at last I have to admit to myself; the game is over......for now.

Well, I guess everyone was right. he dream of actually getting a KR were dashed over the rocks.

The dealer offered me a "SWEET" deal. That would have been a $20,000.00 non-refundable deposit with $105,000.00 due upon delivery.

With that kind of deal I could get a GT500 for almost every day of the week.

It's been fun keeping up with all the hype of the GT500KR, I hope that the people who can actually afford one will at least, for the sake of us dreamers; drive them and not just store them in hopes of making bank 20 years from now.

But the at last I have to admit to myself; the game is over......for now.

THAT WAS A TEAR JERKER DAMN, IT WILL BE OKAY, JUST RELAX, AND GET A SUPER SNAKE IN RED, Z06 WILL TREMBLE

Archived