TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby health in crisis

Can you imagine the price gouging that would be going on if the 83 year old Mr. Shelby had a health crisis? Please do not think that I am wishing this upon anyone!!!! And, it is a cruel and unusual topic of discussion. With that said, none of us will live on this earth for an eternity. Mr. Shelby is 83 and he may live to be a hundred, or not.

I wonder what kind of post mortum license agreement Ford has worked out. Of course, he also did some work with the other Big 3. Since he has been paid for the Shelby name for this year's stang version, it is quite possible that this could be his last.

If you want it---you better BUY IT NOW! Get your name on a list and pay! pay! pay! for an original Shelby before it is too late!

:rockon:

I don't know what the responses mean, but I know this---a Shelby owned is better than one talked about. The old addage that "they don't make em' like they use to" will sure be the case if a car carries the "Shelby" badging but really hasn't benefitted from his direct involvement. The GT500 is his creation. Don't wait another year.

BUY a NEW SHELBY NOW or be left out for LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what the responses mean, but I know this---a Shelby owned is better than one talked about. The old addage that "they don't make em' like they use to" will sure be the case if a car carries the "Shelby" badging but really hasn't benefitted from his direct involvement. The GT500 is his creation. Don't wait another year.

BUY a NEW SHELBY NOW or be left out for LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quo Take it easy my friend I think you have the same problem I have? PSDS :hysterical: best of luck! :party: :happy feet: :bandance:

Nice Topic Title. Trying to promote Hysteria?

No, not exactly. I'm in my forties and already recognize the fragility of life and how I'm not promised tomorrow. As a true car fanatic and a growing Mustang enthusiast, I am promoting the purchase of this bad boy b/c Mr. Shelby's direct involvement with auto creations is tailing off. He is 83, and though I don't know his medical history, he is definitely toward his latter days of life. Heck, I found it difficult to crawl out of bed some mornings and I'm just half his age!

As stated in my initial post---I AM NOT HOPING or WISHING for any misfortune to Mr. Shelby. I like his creations and feel blessed to have the financial resources to pull this one off. I can't afford one of the classics and I hope that this vehicle will appreciate and grow to become a classic in its own rite.

COLORS: Torch red with Silver Stripes---I changed my order from Grabber orange. The orange stang photos had too much of a yellow tint to satisfy my taste.

You scared the :censored: out of me!!!

Don't do that!!!

While your points may be valid, I feel this thread is

inappropriate given the man is alive, and hopefully well.

For all we know he checks the forum, or has it checked.

While no disrespect was intended, feelings could still be hurt.

KingCobra.

You scared the :censored: out of me!!!

Don't do that!!!

While your points may be valid, I feel this thread is

inappropriate given the man is alive, and hopefully well.

For all we know he checks the forum, or has it checked.

While no disrespect was intended, feelings could still be hurt.

KingCobra.

+1

We don't need any :devil2:

Can you imagine the price gouging that would be going on if the 83 year old Mr. Shelby had a health crisis? Please do not think that I am wishing this upon anyone!!!! And, it is a cruel and unusual topic of discussion. With that said, none of us will live on this earth for an eternity. Mr. Shelby is 83 and he may live to be a hundred, or not.

I wonder what kind of post mortum license agreement Ford has worked out. Of course, he also did some work with the other Big 3. Since he has been paid for the Shelby name for this year's stang version, it is quite possible that this could be his last.

If you want it---you better BUY IT NOW! Get your name on a list and pay! pay! pay! for an original Shelby before it is too late!

Hypothetical reverse psychology for price gouging is what I would call it. Are you a new car FORD DEALER dtharmon633?

must be friends wth Lonestar & Co.

No, I am not a car salesman or associated with any delaership. It's just an interesting subject considering how many wanna-owners are complaining of the high dealer markup, but it's all relative. No new Shelby mustangs==PRICE GOES HIGHER AND HIGHER for the ones that exist. When the 05 Stang created such a stir in the new car community with its retro design, it also brought with it a renewed interest in the classic stangs. Likewise, owners of those classics received a premium in the used car market. Though the topic is a morbid one, the same would be true of these new Shelby's if there were to be no more.

Deal or No Deal-It's time to pay up or shut up. Come off the hip and buy one of these bad boys!

interesting topic. When the unfortunate or inevitable happens there is now doubt the value of all Shelby's will appreciate especially his latest projects. I still consider him part of the 2007 gt500 project. My lifetime hero was my dad who died well before his time. Carol Shelby on the other hand is enjoying a long life with accompishments that most entrepreneurs and successful people could never achieve in 50 lifetimes.

I only hope I'm healthy and alive to drive my new Shelby until I'm 83.

The banner to this topic really creeps me out. Moderator, would you please consider making a slight adjustment to it so it's less sensational and more about what the topic is really about? Mr. Shelby or a Family member might be offended if they read it. One should never take the assumption that someone in the Shelby family would never see it, because there is always the possibilty that they might.

The inevitable is what it is, but to discuss what happens afterwards now is just morbid speculation.

Early high-perfromace automobiles moved up in value because allot of stupid people wrote them off after the OPEC gas Bullshit back in the 70's and junked them. Then emmisions, CAFE, and D.O.T. safety standards hit the automobile industry hard after that, and again, early High-Performance cars that remained after the OPEC crock jumped in price again. Time marched on and we all got older and started to make a little cash, and started to long for the cars of our youth that we could not afford to own because we were too young at the time. Well, I guess that we all started to make some decent cash, because that that MoFo supply and demand crap came along again and the next thing you know, the early High-Performance cars of are youth are now going for five and six figures! And do you want to know something? Mr. Shelby was alive when his 1965 GT350R's started selling for $100,000 plus dollars, and was standing right there on the podum last January when the rights to own the very first (what a crock) GT500 gaveled in at $400,000!.

Take a look at the at the new show "Wrecks to Riches". It does not matter if the car was orginally a factory High-Performance car anymore. Replicas or clones as they are called now, used to be looked down upon by most gear heads when they appeared at car shows. Now they are almost as coveted as the factory H.P. units if they are built right. Hell, Carroll will gladly sign a Shelby clone anytime without any hesitation nowdays. And I would imagine that if it did not destroy the car's value, many owners of factory H.P. cars would love to 86 their crappy suspension, brakes, and other chassis componets that are really technical Dinosaurs campared to today's technology.

Today's late-model high performance cars will go up or down in value depandant on what the supply and demand is in the marketplace, not because someone dies. Corvette's did not jump in value after Zora-Arkus Duntoff passed away many years ago. Did the Boss Mustangs jump in value after Larry Shinoda passed away? Nope. Vette's and Boss Mustangs went up in value because of desire, supply and demand, and that is what will drive the value of the 500 in the future. I have a clean 87' LX and have had many adolescent aged kids stare longingly at it and tell me how much they love my Mustang and all Mustangs like it. Those are the future buyers that will set the value of these cars in the years to come. Cars are LIKE art, but not art. A single painting that was made by the hand of the Artist will go up in value when the artist dies, but H.P. cars (unless only a handful were made) do not.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Your opinion may vary.

The banner to this topic really creeps me out. Moderator, would you please consider making a slight adjustment to it so it's less sensational and more about what the topic is really about? Mr. Shelby or a Family member might be offended if they read it. One should never take the assumption that someone in the Shelby family would never see it, because there is always the possibilty that they might.

The inevitable is what it is, but to discuss what happens afterwords now is just morbid speculation.

Early high-perfromace automobiles moved up in value because allot of stupid people wrote them off after the OPEC gas Bullshit back in the 70's and junked them. Then emmisions, CAFE, and D.O.T. safety standards hit the automobile industry hard after that, and again, early High-Performance cars that remained after the OPEC crock jumped in price again. Time marched on and we all got older and started to make a little cash, and started to long for the cars of our youth that we could not afford to own because we were too young at the time. Well, I guess that we all started to make some decent cash, because that that MoFo supply and demand crap came along again and the next thing you know, the early High-Performance cars of are youth are now going for five and six figures! And do you want to know something? Mr. Shelby was alive when his 1965 GT350R's started selling for $100,000 plus dollars, and was standing right there on the podum last January when the rights to own the very first (what a crock) GT500 gaveled in at $400,000!.

Take a look at the at the new show "Wrecks to Riches". It does not matter if the car was orginally a factory High-Performance car anymore. Replicas or clones as they are called now, used to be looked down upon by most gear heads when they appeared at car shows. Now they are almost as coveted as the factory H.P. units if they are built right. Hell, Carroll will gladly sign a Shelby clone anytime without any hesitation nowdays. And I would imagine that if it did not destroy the car's value, many owners of factory H.P. cars would love to 86 their crappy suspension, brakes, and other chassis componets that are really technical Dinosaurs campared to today's technology.

Today's late-model high performance cars will go up or down in value depandant on what the supply and demand is in the marketplace, not because someone dies. Corvette's did not jump in value after Zora-Arkus Duntoff passed away many years ago. Did the Boss Mustangs jump in value after Larry Shinoda passed away? Nope. Vette's and Boss Mustangs went up in value because of desire, supply and demand, and that is what will drive the value of the 500 in the future. I have a clean 87' LX and have had many adolescent aged kids stare longingly at it and tell me how much they love my Mustang and all Mustangs like it. Those are the future buyers that will set the value of these cars in the years to come. Cars are LIKE art, but not art. A single painting that was made by the hand of the Artist will go up in value when the artist dies, but H.P. cars (unless only a handful were made) do not.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Your opinion may vary.

I agree with the vast majority of what you wrote. I found it interesting and factual, especially concerning the defeat and uprising of the gas hog sports car. While supply and demand is a major factor (if there is not one single buyer then it doesn't matter what the price is, it will not sell), the Shelby differs from the vette you mentioned. It is not the mustang production that will cease, it will be the mindful engineering and design input from a legend that will be lost. In your contrast with art, one can not purchase a freshly painted Picasso. You can pay a mint for one from the blue period, but you can't buy one painted in 2006. This is my point. The Shelby today is a true Shelby. When the time comes for Mr. Shelby to meet his maker, any 'so called" new Shelby car made after that day will bring sharp skepticism from myself and many others.

BTW, if you read the thread about the increased production, you might just find out that I will no longer be one of these fanatics paying MSRP plus. I am strongly considering giving up my deposit money in light of this new production figure and nothing prevents FORD from raising it even MORE!

Thanks for your comments. Disappointed prospective buyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, if you read the thread about the increased production, you might just find out that I will no longer be one of these fanatics paying MSRP plus. I am strongly considering giving up my deposit money in light of this new production figure and nothing prevents FORD from raising it even MORE!

Thanks for your comments. Disappointed prospective buyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite a U-turn from your rantings of "Make sure you get one of these bad boys"

Its ok though, my hopes of getting one are not so bright, so patiently I wait for the opportunity.

Shelby Autos is a Corporation and you can bet Ford (and Shelby) lawyers performed due dilligence in preparing all agreements. Hopefully not, but, if Carroll died tomorrow, it would not affect the marque licensing and other contractuals one iota. It is extremely unlikely that ownership of any kind is tied to Carroll personally in some way that would be affected by his demise for the duration of the existing contracts & licensing; and you can be sure those agreements are forward reaching and durable for the duration of all plans and programs affected. This is one of the things that we actually DO need lawyers for ;-)

Shelby Autos is a Corporation and you can bet Ford (and Shelby) lawyers performed due dilligence in preparing all agreements. Hopefully not, but, if Carroll died tomorrow, it would not affect the marque licensing and other contractuals one iota. It is extremely unlikely that ownership of any kind is tied to Carroll personally in some way that would be affected by his demise for the duration of the existing contracts & licensing; and you can be sure those agreements are forward reaching and durable for the duration of all plans and programs affected. This is one of the things that we actually DO need lawyers for ;-)

For example if say Dale Earnhardt died in a crash in Daytona...DEI, Inc. still rolls on....flag at half mass and with a tear in the eye, but the show does in fact go on, business is business, etc. That being said their may be a premium for the automobiles that he is said to have had a hand in...like when some crack head blows his head off and the the music he made then is thought to be great and he was a mis understood genius (Curt Cocain or Kobain or what ever)....or when an artist dies and his paintings are woth more...can't make more etc.

I believe you are both correct here but hopefully we'll not need to find out anytime soon.

Archived