TEAM SHELBY FORUM

aluminum drive-shaft for shelby gt ?

shelbytexan

i was told it cost about a thousand dollars to change from the two piece to the one piece shaft and you would get about 10 to 12 horse-power to the rear wheels and save about 30 pounds. i think dollar per horse power this is kind of expensive. nothing seems cheaper than a supercharger if you figure how much horse power you get per dollar.coast driveline in calif.said that the clearance issure is no problem but i would rather hear from our members.

i was told it cost about a thousand dollars to change from the two piece to the one piece shaft and you would get about 10 to 12 horse-power to the rear wheels and save about 30 pounds. i think dollar per horse power this is kind of expensive. nothing seems cheaper than a supercharger if you figure how much horse power you get per dollar.coast driveline in calif.said that the clearance issure is no problem but i would rather hear from our members.

No question SC is the most cost effective way to get power. :happy feet: As far as the one piece driveline do not use 4 inch. When you go over small bumps, driveways, or when you have passengers in the back seat, the driveline will rub. 3 1/2inch max. You don't want to spend this kind of money and have an annoying noise. Don't forget to get the strap.

Good luck,

Dave

go try the shelbyautos forum and search for coast driveline. One of the members the had theirs installed with alot of information in the thread. It is on the list for me to do but it will be awhile until I can get to it.

Archived