TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car is ordered I think? Need help

I had my dealership order my Shelby back in April. I have a vehicle order confirmation. Priority code 10. My dealer paid the $1500 fee to be able to order 1 car. I called the number to check on the car. Ford said it is on material hold. The lady on the phone told me the dealer has to have a regional manager manually input a code they have been given to over ride this. Is this true? Thanks,

I had my dealership order my Shelby back in April. I have a vehicle order confirmation. Priority code 10. My dealer paid the $1500 fee to be able to order 1 car. I called the number to check on the car. Ford said it is on material hold. The lady on the phone told me the dealer has to have a regional manager manually input a code they have been given to over ride this. Is this true? Thanks,

There could be many reasons for the hold. One od which could be that no one at the dealership has taken the sales certification tests. Another could be a commodity. The other could be exactly what the person on the phone told you.

My dealer emailed me a copy of my Vehicle Order Confirmation. Priority = 25. Order Type = 1. Can any of you dealer-types out there tell me what this means? :sos:

Thanks!

How would a customer find out if in fact a dealer has "qualifed" to sell the shelby?

My dealer skirts the issue when I have asked them that direct question. I believe that they have, but I want to make sure. Other than having this discussion with the dealer again, what's the best way to confirm?

There could be many reasons for the hold. One od which could be that no one at the dealership has taken the sales certification tests. Another could be a commodity. The other could be exactly what the person on the phone told you.

My order is in the same situation. I know my dealer has passed the tests and is certified. So it still could be a commodity issue. However, why would a regional manager have to enter a code to "unlock" a car's production?

How would a customer find out if in fact a dealer has "qualifed" to sell the shelby?

My dealer skirts the issue when I have asked them that direct question. I believe that they have, but I want to make sure. Other than having this discussion with the dealer again, what's the best way to confirm?

I have this same question....let's keep poking people to find out. :poke: Isellfords/Five Oh...care to answer?

Dave

Do they have to pass the certification before the car can be built. Thanks

They have to pass the tests prior to a key date...and that date has already passed. There seems to be some confusion on what that date actually was...I've heard both May 26th and May 31st. If they haven't already passed (assuming they were not already SVT certified), they will not get any Shelbys...period.

Dave

Called what number????? I also have a priority code of 10. When I called 962-3746 it would not recognize T88. It kept changing it to T82 or T80. I have read some other threads that suggest the upgrade stereo is causing orders to be delayed. Was your car ordered with the 1000W ear buster?

My dealer emailed me a copy of my Vehicle Order Confirmation. Priority = 25. Order Type = 1. Can any of you dealer-types out there tell me what this means? :sos:

Thanks!

Order type 1 means that this is a retail order (Ordered for a specific customer) You should see your first inital and last name on the Order Confirmation. This means the car has been tagged for a specific customer. The priority code is a dealer assined number from 10 up. It indicates what order to build the orders in. Keep in mind that the GT500 is a controlled commodity so the car will not be built till the dealerships place in line comes up. The regional Ford manager will call the dealership when it is thier time and the inventory manager (or whomever is in charge of the orders) will indicate which GT500 is to be built. (assuming the dealership has more than one car on order) if they do not give preference then the lowest priority will be built. So as long as there are no other GT500 in the dealerships order bank then 25 should be built. Once the dealerships turn for a car comes up the regional office will move your priority from your priority (25) to priority 1. that is just before they will schedule your car. Just before you get a complete VIN.

I have this same question....let's keep poking people to find out. :poke: Isellfords/Five Oh...care to answer?

Dave

They have to pass the tests prior to a key date...and that date has already passed. There seems to be some confusion on what that date actually was...I've heard both May 26th and May 31st. If they haven't already passed (assuming they were not already SVT certified), they will not get any Shelbys...period.

Dave

Other than asking the dealer, is there a way to tell if your dealer is now "qualified" to sell the GT500?

Thanks!

Order type 1 means that this is a retail order (Ordered for a specific customer) You should see your first inital and last name on the Order Confirmation. This means the car has been tagged for a specific customer. The priority code is a dealer assined number from 10 up. It indicates what order to build the orders in. Keep in mind that the GT500 is a controlled commodity so the car will not be built till the dealerships place in line comes up. The regional Ford manager will call the dealership when it is thier time and the inventory manager (or whomever is in charge of the orders) will indicate which GT500 is to be built. (assuming the dealership has more than one car on order) if they do not give preference then the lowest priority will be built. So as long as there are no other GT500 in the dealerships order bank then 25 should be built. Once the dealerships turn for a car comes up the regional office will move your priority from your priority (25) to priority 1. that is just before they will schedule your car. Just before you get a complete VIN.

Thanks for the clarification! :happy feet:

Archived