TEAM SHELBY FORUM

frpp cai

ffr1229

Where is the best (cheapest?) place to purchase? I am thinking I should ask my dealer parts guy to order for me thinking he may give me a deal.

Also, do I need to get a tune if I only install SLP loudmouths (muffler delete)? Already have them but

won't get my car till middle of January and I am going crazy.

Hi , Glad to see there will be another Shelby here in Wi even if its way up north :D I would suggest you go with EVO stage 2 package right off the bat and get it over with...A c.a.i. wil only make you want even more ! I won't be any help as far knowing where to get a deal, I hope your dealership parts department is better than mine. I have a wholesale account there and bought one of my Shelby's there and to date no better pricing than if I was a stranger off the street. Congrats on the car and be sure to post some pic's.

Congratulations and good luck with your new car. Forget about the Ford CAI package, that's for rookies. Go with the Evo Stage I(CAI and Tune). This package will give double the power of what Ford sells. You also get the SCT X3 handheld, this is a much better value with its advertised gains verified by many owners.

Which package is better, jlt or evo?

Which package is better, jlt or evo?

Both are the same.

Evo provides the tune.

JLT makes the CAI.

Evo sells their tune and the JLT CAI as a pkg.

JLT sells their CAI with the Evo tune as a pkg.

Exactly the same. Buy from whoever you want - or, like me, whoever you're going to be buying something else from as well.

Only other thing to take into consideration is warranty of the power train.....if it is of no concern to you, then EVO is the way to go......if you want to have 12/12,000 warranty, then FRPP installed by a Ford dealer is the way to go.

Well, I do not consider myself a weasel and when I mod my car I will make sure I have some sort of warranty.......I iwll mod via FRPP parts installed at a Ford dealership or do the 600 HP SS upgrade........after the year is over, I will probably add some more mods DIY.

Your statement is unfounded and ofensive.

Well, I do not consider myself a weasel and when I mod my car I will make sure I have some sort of warranty.......I iwll mod via FRPP parts installed at a Ford dealership or do the 600 HP SS upgrade........after the year is over, I will probably add some more mods DIY.

Your statement is unfounded and ofensive.

I agree with the warranty thing and plan on keeping it at 540HP. I realize it is not a "real" Shelby but I'm old, have never owned a Shelby and realize this is as close as I will ever get to one and feel vary fortunate I am able to buy it. I am super excited for next month when if all goes well I will get it.

Please ignore the doc posts here as he is once again just bashing and speaking of what he does not know! :banghead: I would advice anyone looking at the CAI and a tune to do your research, and do it well. There are several good threads here. Some guys will fit the FRPP perfect, some will not, but all the base CAI's are close to HP gains, so do not be fooled. Go read, do some homework.

And doc, perhaps you need to go back and read Amy's comments, and for once stop the BS.

Archived