TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A call out to GRABBER!!! I got a railcar #!!! Woo Hoo!

DubbsFaris

Your car made it to the mix center. I have seen the rail cars sit here from 1-4 days.

Stock up on featherlax today!

Trace Results

Equipment Id L/E Billed Event Road Location Date/Time

ETTX 901409

Load P *Arrived NS VOLMIXCTR, MO 12/26/2007 23:36:00

Load P ETA Destination KIRBY, TX 01/04/2008 14:30:00

That's the great thing about you, Grabber, since you told me it may sit for a few days, it won't be as frustrating. Thanks for the info, and all the updates so far. I can remember being just a guest on this site and watching your updates for other users green with envy. My car hadn't even been pulled yet, and it seemed like it would take a lifetime, and I didn't know how long I could keep my patience. I would walk into dealerships and look at the showroom GT500s sitting there, and wondering if it wouldn't be better to just buy what they have, and save myself the torture, or I would sit at home reading posts from 2 years ago to vicariously enjoy the delivery of all of your cars- (yes even you Grabber, I read yours the whole way through, like a book) Now I know a week or so from now, my dream car will be here, and the elation that will come with my first ride in a GT500. How crazy are we to buy a car without even driving it? Since I have yet to see a negative experience from anyone here, I guess not that crazy at all! At any rate- Grabber makes my xmas card list for next year- for sure. :drool:

:happy feet:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will enjoy the car. That I can gaurentee. And thanks for the kind words my friend.

I just checked the status for the first time since this morning. It is still sitting at the mix station from what I can tell. As you know it takes some time to assemble a full load of rail cars to head your direction. sometimes they wait a day or 2 for other rail cars to arrive to make an efficient load and save some transportation costs.

This is what it shows still:

ETTX 901409

You will enjoy the car. That I can gaurentee. And thanks for the kind words my friend.

I just checked the status for the first time since this morning. It is still sitting at the mix station from what I can tell. As you know it takes some time to assemble a full load of rail cars to head your direction. sometimes they wait a day or 2 for other rail cars to arrive to make an efficient load and save some transportation costs.

This is what it shows still:

ETTX 901409

This waiting is both fun and torturous....Does this make me bipolar? or is this a natural step of PSDS? :hysterical2:

thanks for the update...I am so excited! :headspin:

This waiting is both fun and torturous....Does this make me bipolar? or is this a natural step of PSDS? :hysterical2:

thanks for the update...I am so excited! :headspin:

I have very good news for you this morning. :) Your car made it out of the mix center and has picked up speed. She's in Kansas. :happy feet: The ETA has been adjusted to Monday. Hopefully it stays there. With the holiday being Tuesday, you may lose a day there.

Trace Results

ETTX 901409

Load Yes Interchange Received NS ARMOURDAL, KS 12/28/2007 04:10:00

Load Yes ETA Destination KIRBY, TX 12/31/2007 01:00:00

I have very good news for you this morning. :) Your car made it out of the mix center and has picked up speed. She's in Kansas. :happy feet: The ETA has been adjusted to Monday. Hopefully it stays there. With the holiday being Tuesday, you may lose a day there.

Trace Results

ETTX 901409

MM says your car is at the dealer. I guess the tracker is wrong, or you got the wrong railcar number ?

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...c=14156&hl=

MM says your car is at the dealer. I guess the tracker is wrong, or you got the wrong railcar number ?

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...c=14156&hl=

no, that is a different car, but MY car is the one you are tracking!!

Thank you for the great news!!!

4 days away!!! :happy feet:

That's cool. If you got it on the 31 that would be okay I guess :D

It wouldn't kill me to get it early, thats for sure!

I have already made a playlist for my first ride on my Ipod, and I plan on taking pictures first...post them here, and then drive till I run out of gas!

I just got home from the bank, and got the cashier's check in hand and ready! :happy feet:

Trace Results

ETTX 901409

This is odd. No change except in the Recieved time:

Trace Results

ETTX 901409

Load Yes Interchange Received NS ARMOURDAL, KS 12/28/2007 07:44:00

This is odd. No change except in the Recieved time:

Trace Results

ETTX 901409

She's stuck in Kansas. :banghead:

Yeah, I looked that city up too.

Kansas City- southside of town...ugh they are toying with me!

Still no change: :banghead:

Trace Results

ETTX 901409

:waiting: is the hardest part...wonder if they need help driving the train? How hard can it be? Go, stop

:hysterical2:

They must be having trouble because she's still in Kansas. I hjust checked.

Trace Results

ETTX 901409

Load Yes ETA Destination KIRBY, TX 12/31/2007 01:14:00

DubbisFaris,

I am going out of town for a bit and will be unable to watch your railcar. I hope she gets moving soon.

Here is the link to the Union Pacific Rail Road tracker that is pulling your railcar. Click on it and then copy past your rail car number ito the box and hit trace. Leave a space between the letters and the numbers.

Give it a try my friend and keep up the tracking. I am going to spend some time with my family.

Here's the linky:

http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp

DubbisFaris,

I am going out of town for a bit and will be unable to watch your railcar. I hope she gets moving soon.

Here is the link to the Union Pacific Rail Road tracker that is pulling your railcar. Click on it and then copy past your rail car number ito the box and hit trace. Leave a space between the letters and the numbers.

Give it a try my friend and keep up the tracking. I am going to spend some time with my family.

Here's the linky:

http://c01.my.uprr.com/pet/motorVehicleTrace.jsp

Wow- thanks Grabber! you and the family have a wonderful new years!! If my car doesn't get bumped back, I know I will have one!!

:waiting: is the hardest part...wonder if they need help driving the train? How hard can it be? Go, stop

:hysterical2:

You would be surprised how difficult it can be to run a train. Every train handles differently as well. Tonnage, locomotive horsepower, territory, both grade and curves, etc , etc. You have to know what to do to get it there in one piece and not wipe any small towns off the map with some of the nasty stuff we carry.

I should know. I am an Engineer for BNSF Railway. Who knows, I may have hauled a GT500 or two. Mostly Honda, Mercedes and Toyota in my area though. :shift:

It's just taking a while to get the Kansas City due to the congestion. KC is the rail capital of the country. More rail business going crossing paths there than anywhere else. 4 of the 5 Class 1 major railroads operate in KC.

BTW, if anyone has a railcar that is on the BNSF system I can get a little more detailed tracking than the automated system that most of you use.

Dave_C

You would be surprised how difficult it can be to run a train. Every train handles differently as well. Tonnage, locomotive horsepower, territory, both grade and curves, etc , etc. You have to know what to do to get it there in one piece and not wipe any small towns off the map with some of the nasty stuff we carry.

I should know. I am an Engineer for BNSF Railway. Who knows, I may have hauled a GT500 or two. Mostly Honda, Mercedes and Toyota in my area though. :shift:

It's just taking a while to get the Kansas City due to the congestion. KC is the rail capital of the country. More rail business going crossing paths there than anywhere else. 4 of the 5 Class 1 major railroads operate in KC.

BTW, if anyone has a railcar that is on the BNSF system I can get a little more detailed tracking than the automated system that most of you use.

Dave_C

Hope you didnt take my post tosuggest there is no skill being an engineer...I was just oversimplifying and kidding. In fact I have had the opportunity to ride along with you guys! Its fun, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for an object that cannot stop in the field of vision at many times. Takes big brass ones to do that, and thanks for the offer. I'm sure someone will take you up on that!

Hope you didnt take my post tosuggest there is no skill being an engineer...I was just oversimplifying and kidding. In fact I have had the opportunity to ride along with you guys! Its fun, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for an object that cannot stop in the field of vision at many times. Takes big brass ones to do that, and thanks for the offer. I'm sure someone will take you up on that!

Nahh.... :hysterical: I know you were just kidding. No offense taken. :happy feet:

It can take a little nerve. I had one last night. 19,000 ton coal train. 7500+ feet. 5 engines, total of 22,000 hp. Takes 1 1/4 mile to stop from 45 mph

Anyone that needs some car info, just shoot me a message if it's on BNSF and I'll see what I can find out.

Congrats Dubbs. How much you think you are going to sleep tonight?

Not to complain, but my stomach has been hurting me for like 5 days, I think I got an ulcer waiting for this car...

Sleep is out of the question! I'm excited!

LMAO. Just nerves bud!

Will you be able to pick it up tomorrow or will you have to wait till Wed?

Either way I'm looking forward to your write up!

Unless something changes and it gets here earlier, it will be Wednesday. The rail is showing ETA of 7pm tomorrow, so it will sit for new years, and did I mention an arctic blast will be delivering coldest weather in 3 years new years day? Se la vie. But the 2nd is still better than the 4th! :happyfeet:

I promise good pics and a great story to follow soon in the arrival column!

Did I mention my wife has no idea why I'm so excited...is she about to be educated!

Hey DubbFaris, I know our eta dates were floating in Sync, but my car is currently on the truck in transit. I have no clue if that is any garuntee that it will be at the dealership today or not. Anyone have any clue?

on the truck means it will soon be at the dealer, so depending when it is dropped off, you could get the call today. It takes about 3 hours to process and get through PDI, so call them and let them know it would be super if they do it this evening so you can get it today. On the other hand, your dealer will try to close before year end. Good luck!

My car is close to College Station, and is scheduled now for 1am delivery. So I won't see mine till Wednesday, at the earliest, butitscloser now!!

In a strike of God's humor, I saw the same car I'm getting on the highway today, only coupe. I almost broke my neck. Its the first one I have seen, and I swear my heart stopped!

Wow, what a car!!!!!!!!!

on the truck means it will soon be at the dealer, so depending when it is dropped off, you could get the call today. It takes about 3 hours to process and get through PDI, so call them and let them know it would be super if they do it this evening so you can get it today. On the other hand, your dealer will try to close before year end. Good luck!

My car is close to College Station, and is scheduled now for 1am delivery. So I won't see mine till Wednesday, at the earliest, butitscloser now!!

In a strike of God's humor, I saw the same car I'm getting on the highway today, only coupe. I almost broke my neck. Its the first one I have seen, and I swear my heart stopped!

Wow, what a car!!!!!!!!!

Getting close fellas. I'm stil waiting for my build date to come and go.

I think with the issues at the plant it's going to be pushed back a few weeks. So I'm probably looking at a February delivery!

Archived