TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Bullitt article...

ilmor

From what I've seen so far I really like the new Bullitt ....seems that this author does too.

I like his last line in the Dallas Morning News "Every Bullitt worth its name needs to be airborne and spewing chassis sparks at least once. "....spoken like a true Bullitt Steve McQueen fan.

Maybe they'll offer a skid plate option. Something in a magnesium blend for a little extra. :spiteful:

I like this line.

the Shelby feels harder and meaner than the Bullitt, but – like that exotic girlfriend you had in your 30s – is much more difficult to live with.

I like that too...actually, it makes me desire the Shelby GT more! :happy feet:

So about the comment on the difficult clutch- doesn't the SGT have the same clutch as the regular GT? Mine seems pretty easy to me, especially compared to those in vettes, vipers & cobras --

Yes, and I agree. I think the writer may have a bad clutch memory.

Yes, and I agree. I think the writer may have a bad clutch memory.

+1 - I can't compare the SGT to the standard '07 GT, but the clutch in my '05 mustang took a lot more muscle to use. And the Husrt shifter is supposed to stiffer than the stock shifter. You'd think that if the guy drove a SGT for 7 months he would have read the Shelby owner's manual and figured that one out.

Another thing I think the writer is incorrect about - at least based on the official Ford Bullitt photos I've seen - he states that the Bullitt has the GT500 steering wheel and seats. In the photos I saw (see the Ford website), they steering wheel and seats are the same as the SGT and Mustang GT. So, maybe there have been some revisions and/or he was in a pre-production model?

Another thing I think the writer is incorrect about - at least based on the official Ford Bullitt photos I've seen - he states that the Bullitt has the GT500 steering wheel and seats. In the photos I saw (see the Ford website), they steering wheel and seats are the same as the SGT and Mustang GT. So, maybe there have been some revisions and/or he was in a pre-production model?

They are definitely the GT500 seats and steering wheel.

+1 The seats and steering wheel are true GT500. Even though I like more bling on my cars i.e.: Shelby GT the Bullitt has more bang for the buck as you can always install body kits if that is your angle.

The newest article on the www.ShelbyAutos.com forum has the Bullitt running in the mid 13's on the highest pass and 13.27 on the lowest pass for the 1/4 mile, now that is very impressive and a taste faster than the SGT. Like I said alot of bang for the buck and my hats off to Ford on this one and they have 1 up'd Shelby here.

I still love my Shelby GT but give credit where credit is due.

+1 The seats and steering wheel are true GT500. Even though I like more bling on my cars i.e.: Shelby GT the Bullitt has more bang for the buck as you can always install body kits if that is your angle.

The newest article on the www.ShelbyAutos.com forum has the Bullitt running in the mid 13's on the highest pass and 13.27 on the lowest pass for the 1/4 mile, now that is very impressive and a taste faster than the SGT. Like I said alot of bang for the buck and my hats off to Ford on this one and they have 1 up'd Shelby here.

I still love my Shelby GT but give credit where credit is due.

I don't agree that Ford has "1 up'd Shelby", nor would they have any reason to. Why would Ford fight itself? As for the two cars' performance, the only way we'll find out the truth is when someone runs the same cars on the same track at the same time w/ the same drivers, otherwise these e.t.'s are too close to form opinons on. I have copies of tests in hand that show the SGT to be quicker in 0-60, 1/4 mile and skidpad, so who is right? The SGT has at least 4 more HP and more torque per the EPA. The Bullitt has some advantages (only for drag racing, but not road racing) due to its softer suspension and lower rearend ratio, however a factual side-by-side comparison is yet to be run. Hopefully someday we will see a test like this. Personally, I'll take a Shelby GT over a Bullitt any day. Lastly, we've yet to see what type of price these Bullitt's will run.

Bullitts are a hair under 32,000.00That's if you can find a non gouging dealer!A local dealer has one for 37k.Now if you factor that into the equation,Right now a Shelby GT is a much better deal!Though E-bay has one listed for 32k buy it now,That's a little more like it!After seeing one in person,I think a Mustang GT purchase and your choice of mods is a better deal.

Archived