TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What do people plan on adding to supersnake if anything?

rown4au

This is kind of an add on to the suggested upgrades to the supersnake; I am wondering what additional mods (if any) other people are planning to add to the "standard" supersnake package as it now stands while there car is being converted.

Thus far I am thinking of adding the flwng:

1. Limited slip rear, pref one that's gear driven instead of one with clutch packs that wear out.

2. LCA's and maybe a new UCA as well.

3. Watts link

4. Possibly an aftermarket seat upgrade if I can find one I like and can get them covered in the right leather to match. (can always keep the originals in storage)

5. Upgraded alarm system with tracker

6. Window tint on side windows

Jaime

This is kind of an add on to the suggested upgrades to the supersnake; I am wondering what additional mods (if any) other people are planning to add to the "standard" supersnake package as it now stands while there car is being converted.

Thus far I am thinking of adding the flwng:

1. Limited slip rear, pref one that's gear driven instead of one with clutch packs that wear out.

2. LCA's and maybe a new UCA as well.

3. Watts link

4. Possibly an aftermarket seat upgrade if I can find one I like and can get them covered in the right leather to match. (can always keep the originals in storage)

5. Upgraded alarm system with tracker

6. Window tint on side windows

Jaime

I'd wait for the package before I make any suspension changes.

The low jack is a nice safety addition I put one in mine, but I would not mess with the current alarm or put in an after market alarm, you would be better off packing a custom ultra elite 45. The stock alarm is good as is.

Things I would/ will add.

I would add billet motor mounts, seen to many broken motor mounts.

Heat exchanger, because heat is enemy #1. Want my engine to last.

Edited 12/30/07

I am now concidering a Battery reloacation kit, to relocate the battery in the trunk and use the empty spot for a reservoir tank to increase the cooling ability of the stock exchanger. I do not believe a larger tank at this point will be needed unless I plan to jump Hp and live at the track.

On the 600hp, I would add an aluminum one-piece driveshaft with safety hoop package. Help off set the extra 80lbs vert weight and you can never be to safe. Rather be safe then sorry.

Edited 12/30/07

The 700+ hp get the one-piece D/S The SAI D/S is steal not aluminum.

The safety hoop system may be a waste of money since steel in stronger then alumonum, and will only add extra weight. Aluminum with satety hoops or steal w/out, its a trade off.

Hood struts are a no brainer.

Things I will do as time permits

Make a back seat kit setup that would allow me to easily remove the seat and insert a lightweight floor cover, so I could carry cargo, for when the wife and I go on trips.

Other Carbon Fiber body parts to reduce weight.

Things that haven’t been addressed – (that I am aware of)

Everyone is concerned about knowing what the fuel pressure is because that is important. Has anyone looked into the fuel system?

I don’t know if these items will be needed or not so I’m not going to jump the gun here but I would add them on either power package. I am sure SAI has it together.

I would consider adding these parts - ONLY IF NEEDED!:

A regulated return system or fuel booster. Yes, edited 12/30/07

New injectors. Not needed, edited 12/30/07

MAFS. Not needed, edited 12/30/07

Just my thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...

I plan on adding the following to my 725 hp package:

1) 6695-SJS JBA silver ceramic coated headers with Percy carbon header gaskets and Percy's Split Lock Friction Locking header bolts

2) 6696-SXC JBA 3" X pipe w/high flow cats

3) 40-2633 JBA 3" Dual Rear Exit S/S Cat-Back Exhaust System with 4" double wall "Shelby" tip

4) Zexel Torsen T2-R differential

5) 4 pt. chrome moly roll bar w/5pt. harnesses on both front seats

6) Drive shaft safety loop

7) BMR lower/upper control arms in back

After all "Life Needs More", doesn't it?

Why would anyone want to change the SS. If your going to Mod it, then Mod it with the KB and add what you want. You could build a higher performance machine for a lot less cost than SSing then modding.

Obviously I can't speak for other members but my thinking is if you have a few minor mods done (i.e. watts link, torque box braces, and control arms) at the same time as the conversion while at Tasca or one of the other mod shops and it shows up on the same invoice as your conversion; it should not hurt the value of the car as long as you keep all your documentation.

The other mods I am thinking of (i.e. window tint and alarm) I don't see as affecting the value either or substantially changing it from a supersnake.

I would gladly purchase all these as part of the package directly from Shelby for an additional fee but thus far Shelby has not offered this option.

In any case with as many people there are on the list, it looks like I will have plenty of time to speak to members with SS's on the road to see what they like and dislike about the car and what (if anything) seems to have problems handling the power output.

Jaime

Personally, I'm going to add my big size 13 shoe on top of the right side vertical pedal and then press it down firmly to the floor until I reach terminal velocity.

Hey, dosen't Bonneville run in February? Hummmmmm.... Anyone up to seeing a S :censored: T load of salt as far as the eye can see? :happy feet:

Obviously I can't speak for other members but my thinking is if you have a few minor mods done (i.e. watts link, torque box braces, and control arms) at the same time as the conversion while at Tasca or one of the other mod shops and it shows up on the same invoice as your conversion; it should not hurt the value of the car as long as you keep all your documentation.

The other mods I am thinking of (i.e. window tint and alarm) I don't see as affecting the value either or substantially changing it from a supersnake.

I would gladly purchase all these as part of the package directly from Shelby for an additional fee but thus far Shelby has not offered this option.

In any case with as many people there are on the list, it looks like I will have plenty of time to speak to members with SS's on the road to see what they like and dislike about the car and what (if anything) seems to have problems handling the power output.

Jaime

Tasca or any of the other authorized Shelby mod shops can not make or modify the Super Snake Package. Any mods you want other then the SS will be done after the SS conversion and your Shelby Super Snake will be listed as modified and documented. These mods will be on a seperate bill of sale or invoice. This has been told to me by Tasca and SAI.

Jaime

Do you really need to add the alarm?

Your can has a good alarm in it already, remember they can not remove the old alarm as it is directly wired into the wiring harness. So you will end up with two alarms in the car.

Also the only benefit you will get would be to have the windows roll up when you active the alarm and maybe have a alart paging fuction and all this for 5 to 1000 dollars.

If you do opt for the new alarm anything over 5 hundred dollars and you may be getting ripped off because they will use the modules already in the car, so dont let them charge you for a complete system.

Do you plan on parking your car in places where it will get jacked.

Your better off installing the low jack with the paging & tracking system to your existing alarm, you will end up with a much better set up then added a redundent alarm.

Window tinting, go for it. I live in calli everything here is illegal so we cant have tinted window calli sucks.

As for the rest of the mods you suggested.

Remember the Suppersnake packages are not intended to be power package, or a drag package, if that s what you want Frank at Evo has a great setups to meet your dollar budget.

The Supersanke is designed to be a preformance package, there is a big difference.

It is a balance of suspension, power, exterior dynamics fuction and looks and interior fluf and stuff, all in a street usable package, designed to drive and have fun with; that, you take to the track to have fun. You may not be the fastest at the track, but will get respect with it.

So you may not need to add much to it, I believe, after talking to some of the people as SAI that they are putting together a well though out and rounded package.

The bigest problem with a preformance package it that it is not dialed in to met any one persons wants. So, yes there will be little tweeks we all do to it. But I believe most people will only need little tweeks, or add parts only because they can and want too, not because they need them. Nothing wrong with that.

Just my 2cents

I plan on adding O N E cool driver with a new pair of Shades! ! !

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Sorry beat ya to it :hysterical2:

Guess there is room for another but you'd better check with Ford, I think they own the rights to cool drivers with shades :banghead::hysterical:

Story of my life; a day late and a dollar or more short

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I see yuur CMS# is 41 with an ETA between now and Febuary. thats great, my CSM# is 85 I haven't been able to get a ETA from them. If you don't mind, when did you pay your deposit; knowing would help me dial in on a best guess ETA.

Hi Jim;

First off let me say thanks to all those who have posted advice or info on this thread. I am still waiting for my car to be delivered on 10 Feb and I have been spending a lot of time researching what mods will help get my GT500 into my dream car.

As for the alarm, you may be totally correct. In my experience factory alarms are usually not all that great but I will need to do some more research if your saying its a pretty good one straight from the factory. I don't know what new technology has come out in the 7 years since I left the USA but over here (the UK) any high value car is usuallyfitted with a satellite tracker that sends you a text msg if your car is moved without the keys in it or a code entered depending on the system. How prevalent is Lojak in the US these days? When I left there were still a lot of areas that weren't covered so if your car got stolen in say upstate NY your lojak was worthless because the local law enforcement didn't have the equipment to track it. I would think the US should have some way to do the same with GPS technology today ?

While I don't plan to park it anywhere dodgy, I like the piece of mind after all the cash and sentimental value the car will have it will just make me feel a bit better.

"As for the rest of the mods you suggested. Remember the Suppersnake packages are not intended to be power package, or a drag package, if that s what you want Frank at Evo has a great setups to meet your dollar budget.

The Supersanke is designed to be a preformance package, there is a big difference.

It is a balance of suspension, power, exterior dynamics fuction and looks and interior fluf and stuff, all in a street usable package, designed to drive and have fun with; that, you take to the track to have fun. You may not be the fastest at the track, but will get respect with it."

Nope not buying the car to be a drag racer, I want the car to handle as good as possible and be a good all round fun car to drive which is why I am considering the watts link based on a number of members posts on the site.

"So you may not need to add much to it, I believe, after talking to some of the people as SAI that they are putting together a well thought out and rounded package."

After reading all the posts complainging about wheel hop, the control arms sound like a no brainer and one of the most popular functional mods that members have made to their cars. I am really surprised that Shelby is not offering that as part of the package given what it seems they are trying to achieve with the car.

The torque box baces just seem like a good idea to help keep the chassis as stiff as possible if your running that much hp. But again I am learning about this through other members experiences so if anyone has any comments on them would like to hear them.

Thanks;

Jaime

Tasca or any of the other authorized Shelby mod shops can not make or modify the Super Snake Package. Any mods you want other then the SS will be done after the SS conversion and your Shelby Super Snake will be listed as modified and documented. These mods will be on a seperate bill of sale or invoice. This has been told to me by Tasca and SAI.

OK this seems a bit confusing. I thought Shelby had said they would allow people to choose additional items out of the shelby performance parts catalog that they could have added while they were doing the supersnake conversion?

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought that was the case.

Jaime

OK this seems a bit confusing. I thought Shelby had said they would allow people to choose additional items out of the shelby performance parts catalog that they could have added while they were doing the supersnake conversion?

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought that was the case.

Jaime

Jaime, where did you read that? I started a thread some time ago Super Snake Inprovments/Ideas and listed all the Shelby suspension there. SAI sent me the Super Snake option sheet in the mail this week to pick my options and it only has the 605hp or 725hp option, FRPP Suspension or Eibach, window block outs or scoops.

SAI did state that when they are building your KR, you can select items from the SPP catolog and it will be installed and ready for you when you pick up your KR.

From SAI update 11/30

The King of the Road will begin it's life in a very similar to how the Shelby GT does. Ford will build the GT500 at it's plant in Flatrock, Michigan. Any options such as halogen headlights, navigation, Shaker 500 or 1000 stereos and interior options can be added while ordering your KR through your dealer. It will then be shipped to our Las Vegas facility to be upfitted to "the King". While your vehicle is in Las Vegas, you can take advantage of our Museum Delivery Program to pick up your car RIGHT HERE AT SHELBY WORLD HEADQUARTERS! Contact Adrienne Poplin for details. AdrienneP@shelbyautos.com

But before you make arrangements to pick your car up here, be sure to browse www.ShelbyPerformanceParts.com to see if there is anything else we can add for you while your car is being upfitted.

Hi Jim;

First off let me say thanks to all those who have posted advice or info on this thread. I am still waiting for my car to be delivered on 10 Feb and I have been spending a lot of time researching what mods will help get my GT500 into my dream car.

As for the alarm. How prevalent is Lojak in the US these days?

While I don't plan to park it anywhere dodgy, I like the piece of mind after all the cash and sentimental value the car will have it will just make me feel a bit better.

Lojack coverage has goten better, but still should call or check their web site for coverage.

The gt alarm, arms the doors & trunk and has a built in- interior motion sensor. No hood pin- go figure.

Like you I have alway gotten after market alarms. But after learning how this one operated, it just seemed like a waste - to me.

I do miss the remote alart, that is a real nice feature, however I have a Kimber lock-out on mine, so its pretty safe.

I want the car to handle as good as possible and be a good all round fun car to drive which is why I am considering the watts link based on a number of members posts on the site.

After reading all the posts complainging about wheel hop, the control arms sound like a no brainer and one of the most popular functional mods that members have made to their cars. I am really surprised that Shelby is not offering that as part of the package given what it seems they are trying to achieve with the car.

Well then your on the right track with the SS package.

I agree with you I like the FAYS watts set up my self. Do to input from people on this site SAI has changed the suspension package and added the panghard bar, the SS suspension package is getting better.

Some may like it as is other won't, in the end its all down to personnel preference.

I think you on target, not that you need my approval, I'm just saying drive it and put it to the test first then add what you need. or want.

I plan on adding O N E cool driver with a new pair of Shades! ! !

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

CSM 41, very nice! Please keep us up to date on when you're called, and post pics! I also have a blue coupe (also stripe delete), and really want to see a real one with the black stripe. I'm at number 250, so maybe May or June, as a guess?

This is the strangest blue I've seen, sometimes gorgeous, but in some light, more of a purple. Shall we say, less than gorgeous... Overall, I really do like the colour, especially with the tungsten. Oh well, flat black will have to do...

Archived