TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca Shelby

ShelbyGT/SC

As most of you know, I have been working to make my car a Tasca Shelby since well before I purchased it. Well, now that Tasca has done their modifications and badged my car, I am happy to say that I have accomplished my goal. Below are some of the latest pics.

For those unfamiliar with Tasca Ford and their history with Ford, Ford Racing, Shelby, John Force, the Cobra Jet engine, Race on Sunday/Sell on Monday and many other, see my signature for more links and do a little research, it's very interesting.

Most of you know that I had been working with Tasca years ago when I first learned that Shelby was making cars again. Tasca was the first place I called to get on the list. When the GT500's came out and I didn't get called, I assumed they were keeping them for themselves, selling to their favorite friends/customers/neighbors or just not selling to the public at all. When I called to check on it, they said they didn't have me on the list. This was understandable, perhaps they misplaced my info, no big deal.

When the SGT came out, I called again and they wanted $20k over MSRP when most others were going $5-$15k over and even at MSRP so I obviously saved the $20k when I found mine at MSRP (instead almost all that $20k went to SAI for mods). Later, when I discussed my Tasca Shelby and pricing with Bob Tasca Sr (see pic below), he was disappointed that I didn't go to him directly so we could have worked something out (I wish I knew that earlier).

IMG_0251.jpg

Immediately after I ordered my SGT, I began playing phone tag with Tasca Performance. The day we finally spoke and discussed the mods I wanted them to do before I took delivery, 2 hours later I found this:

TascaShelbypage1.jpg

TascaShelbypage2.jpg

I immediately scanned this article and sent it to Tasca and Shelby and that was how I was able to work with both to accomplish this special project (ie, 07SGT0038). I had also been pushing Tasca Performance to work more closely with Shelby again as they were missing out on lots of business and could own all of New England for Shelby work. Naturally, Shelby was already doing the same so the work I was doing was obviously superseeded. I am very glad they worked out that partnership - two legends working together again. Now Tasca is the east coast mod shop for Shelby.

Anyway, here are the pics as mentioned. You'll see that my engine compartment Tasca badge is riveted opposite to the Shelby badge so it looks even.

Thank you Tasca and Shelby. Soon both men will sign the roof of my car.

IMG_0318.jpg

Adam012.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

Notice the Tasca Ford badge on the deck lid of my car. That's the exact same badge that is on that 1967 Tasca Shelby as shown in the article above.

Summary of modifications for my Tasca Shelby GT/SC (CSM 07SGT0038):

Shelby Mods (installed at SAI):

1) One of 1: Painted and installed black block-off plates (with a second set signed by SAI employees on driver's side and Tasca employees on passenger's side)

2) First of 2: CS/8 upper grille with lower lights, lower grille and front brake ducts

3) First of 12: Whipple supercharger

4) First of 2: Red BAER Extreme 6-piston brakes (same as on the Supersnake)

5) 20 inch silver Shelby Razor wheels

6) Rear brake upgrade

7) Front and rear brake ducts

8) Gauge pack

9) Billet aluminum engine aesthetic kit, fuse box cover and other internal parts

10) Sequential tail lights

Tasca Mods (installed at Tasca):

1) Dyno tune to 545 HP (4.6L)

2) Bassani exhaust

3) Panhard rod

4) LoJack

4) Hood strut mounts

5) Tach light

6) Window tint (sub'd out)

7) Tasca badges (Powered by Tasca on dash and engine compartment and 1960's version on deck lid)

8) Shorty antenna

Wrote a song about Mr. Shelby: worked with friend Barry Robinson who tweaked and recorded. Now on carrollshelby.com website.

#38 of 200: Fender Stratocaster Shelby GT guitar

#38 ArteHouse Print 07SGT0038 picture

MFG-013: that's the same license plate Shelby used 40 years ago

Installed after delivery:

1) Shelby billet aluminum hood pins

2) Shelby armrest cover

Adam, it has been a labor of love and passion for the brand along with history that has driven you and your enthusiasim. Your project is ALMOST complete. You have done a teriffic job in creating a very unique and special 07 Tasca Shelby. You are almost there.

Now go get some sleep, will ya! :)

Adam, it has been a labor of love and passion for the brand along with history that has driven you and your enthusiasim. Your project is ALMOST complete. You have done a teriffic job in creating a very unique and special 07 Tasca Shelby. You are almost there.

Now go get some sleep, will ya! :)

Thanks my friend. You're correct, just a couple signatures and then I'm done. And, yes, I went to bed right after I posted. Got up at 7:30 this morning but took a nice long nap today.

SCGT500, Tasca Ford has an incredible history with Ford and I really wanted to capture that from the beginning. That article was a huge help. I wish I had spoken with Bob Sr from the beginning as I am sure he would have helped. I've since bought his book "You will be satisfied" and he really does help a lot of people and his business has stayed alive for so long because of his committment to his customers. That original salesman that I spoke with had left and moved to Florida only weeks after our discussions so I assume it was just him. I've been dealing with most of the other Tasca's since and they are all awesome. I don't know anything about Lonestar but I assume you're saying that they were charging a huge ADM too.

sdear, thank you Sue. I am looking forward to seeing you soon too and going on a little cruise together.

SGT2666, thank you. I am into the whole history thing with Shelby and Tasca. I wrote a "First Make History, Then Repeat it" post on the SAI forum. It has lots of really cool "then" and "now" pics including some with Tasca. More on that in coming weeks.

Louie428, thanks Louie, I assume you're the same Loiue on the SAI forum with some pretty awesome 1/4 mile runs around 11.4 seconds? If so, now I just need to work on lowering my drag numbers to catch up with you, then my car will really mean something LOL.

Thanks my friend. You're correct, just a couple signatures and then I'm done. And, yes, I went to bed right after I posted. Got up at 7:30 this morning but took a nice long nap today.

SCGT500, Tasca Ford has an incredible history with Ford and I really wanted to capture that from the beginning. That article was a huge help. I wish I had spoken with Bob Sr from the beginning as I am sure he would have helped. I've since bought his book "You will be satisfied" and he really does help a lot of people and his business has stayed alive for so long because of his committment to his customers. That original salesman that I spoke with had left and moved to Florida only weeks after our discussions so I assume it was just him. I've been dealing with most of the other Tasca's since and they are all awesome. I don't know anything about Lonestar but I assume you're saying that they were charging a huge ADM too.

sdear, thank you Sue. I am looking forward to seeing you soon too and going on a little cruise together.

SGT2666, thank you. I am into the whole history thing with Shelby and Tasca. I wrote a "First Make History, Then Repeat it" post on the SAI forum. It has lots of really cool "then" and "now" pics including some with Tasca. More on that in coming weeks.

Louie428, thanks Louie, I assume you're the same Loiue on the SAI forum with some pretty awesome 1/4 mile runs around 11.4 seconds? If so, now I just need to work on lowering my drag numbers to catch up with you, then my car will really mean something LOL.

Cool, I know nothing of that dealer.

Glad you found a dealer that treated you with respect through your process...that is hard to find these days.

That is one beautiful car!

Did you have SAI do the mods in LV and then ship to Tasca or have I misunderstood someting? What did Tasca do to the car afterwards?

Anders

Thank you Anders.

Yes, SAI did all the mods you see. I will list the SAI and Tasca mods up in post #1 above shortly.

• 1 month later...

Well, I have yet another update. I am proud to say that my Tasca Shelby is now complete.

I wish to make a special thank you to:

Shelby: Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Paterson, Gary Davis, Tracey Smith, John Walker, Bud Mahoney, Victoria Cote, Robert Lane, Sharon Elliott et al.

Tasca: Bob Tasca Sr, Carl Tasca Sr, Carl Tasca Jr, and Steve Guyette, Dennis Gomes, Bill Gilbert and everyone else.

This forum: Roger Sorel and all of my friends (too many to list) who have been so helpful over the past year (and new ones from the CSBB).

I've been trying to keep this somewhat low key since I feel bad for those that weren't able to get things signed. However, as most of you know, Mr. Shelby had signed my car at his birthday (above the driver's side door) which had been planned since last spring. Well, today, Mr. Tasca signed the passenger's side.

Here are some pics below. I have more details on my blog found here:

http://adamsshelbygt.wordpress.com/my-tasca-shelby/

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

Well, I have yet another update. I am proud to say that my Tasca Shelby is now complete.

I wish to make a special thank you to:

Shelby: Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Gary Paterson, Gary Davis, Tracey Smith, John Walker, Bud Mahoney, Victoria Cote, Robert Lane, Sharon Elliott et al.

Tasca: Bob Tasca Sr, Carl Tasca Sr, Carl Tasca Jr, and Steve Guyette, Dennis Gomes, Bill Gilbert and everyone else.

This forum: Roger Sorel and all of my friends (too many to list) who have been so helpful over the past year (and new ones from the CSBB).

I've been trying to keep this somewhat low key since I feel bad for those that weren't able to get things signed. However, as most of you know, Mr. Shelby had signed my car at his birthday (above the driver's side door) which had been planned since last spring. Well, today, Mr. Tasca signed the passenger's side.

Here are some pics below. I have more details on my blog found here:

http://adamsshelbygt.wordpress.com/my-tasca-shelby/

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1772.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

When did you change your signature it is to funny, I love the photo of your head in the middle. LOL

Shelby001 - Tasca is going to clear coat (sub) just the signatures.

Sharon - LOL a bunch of us on the old SAI forum used to have fun with things like this. Sdear's husband Rich is really good with Photoshop. You should have seen the one of Roger and his car. LOL.

In Tasca history, I always wonder what happened to this car.

Tasca_Ford.jpg

Tasca_Ford.jpg

I just finally finished (mostly) my Shelby Birthday Bash experience and posted it on my blog. Here is the link:

http://adamsshelbygt.wordpress.com/85th-ca...hday-bash-csbb/

I still have to add a few more pics and video clips, but it is basically complete.

Thank you to everyone who I had the pleasure to finally meet and experience this adventure with. And, thank you to all the Shelby, Bull Run, LV Speedway and other related places for the experience too.

If anyone feels like it, please feel free to offer a comment or two on the blog.

I just finally finished (mostly) my Shelby Birthday Bash experience and posted it on my blog. Here is the link:

http://adamsshelbygt.wordpress.com/85th-ca...hday-bash-csbb/

I still have to add a few more pics and video clips, but it is basically complete.

Thank you to everyone who I had the pleasure to finally meet and experience this adventure with. And, thank you to all the Shelby, Bull Run, LV Speedway and other related places for the experience too.

If anyone feels like it, please feel free to offer a comment or two on the blog.

Your blog is awesome, and I feel privelaged to have a picture with you in it ! I had to laugh at your description of you chasing the Bull Run car. We "witnessed" you FLY by chasing that car. We weren't sure who was in the lead car until later, but you sure were on their tail ! :hysterical: Gave us a good laugh :hysterical2:

Your car is absolutley beautful !

Sue

Wow!

You have done some incredible work. I am very impressed. Your car is truely a sight to behold.

:dreamy:

Adam

Adam,

what an experience!! I'm envious. Your car and blog are simply amazing. Now I want to make my car a TASCA Shelby! The first white one!

Dave

• 3 months later...
As most of you know, I have been working to make my car a Tasca Shelby since well before I purchased it. Well, now that Tasca has done their modifications and badged my car, I am happy to say that I have accomplished my goal. Below are some of the latest pics.

For those unfamiliar with Tasca Ford and their history with Ford, Ford Racing, Shelby, John Force, the Cobra Jet engine, Race on Sunday/Sell on Monday and many other, see my signature for more links and do a little research, it's very interesting.

Most of you know that I had been working with Tasca years ago when I first learned that Shelby was making cars again. Tasca was the first place I called to get on the list. When the GT500's came out and I didn't get called, I assumed they were keeping them for themselves, selling to their favorite friends/customers/neighbors or just not selling to the public at all. When I called to check on it, they said they didn't have me on the list. This was understandable, perhaps they misplaced my info, no big deal.

When the SGT came out, I called again and they wanted $20k over MSRP when most others were going $5-$15k over and even at MSRP so I obviously saved the $20k when I found mine at MSRP (instead almost all that $20k went to SAI for mods). Later, when I discussed my Tasca Shelby and pricing with Bob Tasca Sr (see pic below), he was disappointed that I didn't go to him directly so we could have worked something out (I wish I knew that earlier).

IMG_0251.jpg

Immediately after I ordered my SGT, I began playing phone tag with Tasca Performance. The day we finally spoke and discussed the mods I wanted them to do before I took delivery, 2 hours later I found this:

TascaShelbypage1.jpg

TascaShelbypage2.jpg

I immediately scanned this article and sent it to Tasca and Shelby and that was how I was able to work with both to accomplish this special project (ie, 07SGT0038). I had also been pushing Tasca Performance to work more closely with Shelby again as they were missing out on lots of business and could own all of New England for Shelby work. Naturally, Shelby was already doing the same so the work I was doing was obviously superseeded. I am very glad they worked out that partnership - two legends working together again. Now Tasca is the east coast mod shop for Shelby.

Anyway, here are the pics as mentioned. You'll see that my engine compartment Tasca badge is riveted opposite to the Shelby badge so it looks even.

Thank you Tasca and Shelby. Soon both men will sign the roof of my car.

IMG_0318.jpg

Adam012.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

Notice the Tasca Ford badge on the deck lid of my car. That's the exact same badge that is on that 1967 Tasca Shelby as shown in the article above.

Summary of modifications for my Tasca Shelby GT/SC (CSM 07SGT0038):

Shelby Mods (installed at SAI):

1) One of 1: Painted and installed black block-off plates (with a second set signed by SAI employees on driver's side and Tasca employees on passenger's side)

2) First of 2: CS/8 upper grille with lower lights, lower grille and front brake ducts

3) First of 12: Whipple supercharger

4) First of 2: Red BAER Extreme 6-piston brakes (same as on the Supersnake)

5) 20 inch silver Shelby Razor wheels

6) Rear brake upgrade

7) Front and rear brake ducts

8) Gauge pack

9) Billet aluminum engine aesthetic kit, fuse box cover and other internal parts

10) Sequential tail lights

Tasca Mods (installed at Tasca):

1) Dyno tune to 545 HP (4.6L)

2) Bassani exhaust

3) Panhard rod

4) LoJack

4) Hood strut mounts

5) Tach light

6) Window tint (sub'd out)

7) Tasca badges (Powered by Tasca on dash and engine compartment and 1960's version on deck lid)

8) Shorty antenna

Wrote a song about Mr. Shelby: worked with friend Barry Robinson who tweaked and recorded. Now on carrollshelby.com website.

#38 of 200: Fender Stratocaster Shelby GT guitar

#38 ArteHouse Print 07SGT0038 picture

MFG-013: that's the same license plate Shelby used 40 years ago

Installed after delivery:

1) Shelby billet aluminum hood pins

2) Shelby armrest cover

Sweet, was it a whipple or paxton?

Archived