TEAM SHELBY FORUM

More Logo Choices

ShelbyGT/SC

Since 07sgt4648 posted a topic about the Hurst emblems on the SAI forum, I thought I'd do the same about my logos. I had already mentioned this to Roger the other day and we were talking about it a little more yesterday afternoon.

Please let me know whether you like either of these logo choices (locations) or no logos at all:

Any comments are welcome, good or bad.

post-8334-1198347612_thumb.jpg

post-8334-1198347623_thumb.jpg

post-8334-1198347612_thumb.jpg

post-8334-1198347623_thumb.jpg

Since 07sgt4648 posted a topic about the Hurst emblems on the SAI forum, I thought I'd do the same about my logos. I had already mentioned this to Roger the other day and we were talking about it a little more yesterday afternoon.

Please let me know whether you like either of these logo choices (locations) or no logos at all:

Any comments are welcome, good or bad.

Hi Adam,

I am not a fan of logos on the car. It is one thing if it is a race car and the logo means a supplier is providing you with product for free or at a discount rate but with street cars we have to be careful not to overdo it. Something like the Hurst plate can be made to look tasteful but it is a slippery slope. Now, if you can get all the logos in the form of magnetic plates, that might be fun -- kind of like removable tatoos. My two cents. Jim

Hi Adam,

I am not a fan of logos on the car. It is one thing if it is a race car and the logo means a supplier is providing you with product for free or at a discount rate but with street cars we have to be careful not to overdo it. Something like the Hurst plate can be made to look tasteful but it is a slippery slope. Now, if you can get all the logos in the form of magnetic plates, that might be fun -- kind of like removable tatoos. My two cents. Jim

+1 I like my car very clean, I would never put a sticker on my car although i might shave some factory emblems :) Great for the track though.

+1 I like my car very clean, I would never put a sticker on my car although i might shave some factory emblems :) Great for the track though.

++1

I like clean and simple....let whats under the hood and handling do the talking...

my .02

Guys......................it's just a temporary thing........................front fender Adam!

I think he said somewhere before the number plate is one of those sticky plastic things. If thats the case with the logo's I'll take a set for Autocrossing :)

I think he said somewhere before the number plate is one of those sticky plastic things. If thats the case with the logo's I'll take a set for Autocrossing :)

Oh...if these are the ones you can put on and peal right off then GO FOR IT!

I'll take a set just to freak people out!

:hysterical:

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Jeff, no sweat, I know you're cool. Besides, I wanted to hear all sides and I think you all know me well enough to know I have thick skin. That's what I wanted to hear, the good and bad. I also heard similar from Dave C last night on teh phone which was partly why I posted the pics.

As Roger said, these will be temporary. I have reached out to some people about this and I think you'll all be interested and impressed with the final results. I totally agree that less is best. You all might recall back around March/April that there were similar discussions about not going too far with extras or more brands. I am only considereing these stickers/labels/badges/emblems for the events and activities (and future ones0 and will absolutely take them off later.

From your help, I have decided to look into buying a sheet of black magnets (like my new meatball - wait till you see them). I will be abe to cut and form it to my liking for around the front fender (or rear quarter panel) and then put the stickers on that. However, my other option (which will be a surprise) might cause a slightly different plan.

FWIW my dad had magnetic signs on his pickup for years when he was running his business and they did scratch the paint over time so I would personally be averse to putting any magnetic signs/stickers or anything else on such a beautiful car.

This might not happen if your only putting them on during shows/events, etc but as I said its such a nice looking car already I would be too worried about scrathcing the paint, but when I finally get mine I will probably be a bit overprotective!

Jaime

I knew a 1994 Cobra Pace Car owner and he put the Indy pace car decals on that thin flat magnetic material so he could add the decals for shows and remove them after. He trimmed the material around each decal and you could not tell they were a temporary application. With this idea you can move the decals each race. The material came in flat sheets but I can't remember where he bought it.

Archived