TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PSDS is a four letter word

1FAFP90

I just had to vent :rant::banghead: :angry2: :censored: :mad: :waiting:

Hang in there! It will be worth it. I waited 4 years from the time I decided to buy what I thought would be the 2005 Cobra. Well that truned into the 2007 Shelby that became very difficult to obtain. Perserverence and patience paid off. I finally got my baby. I nearly bought 3 Terminators, 2 Mustang GTs (gonna mod it myself), 4 Roush (2 S3s and 2 427Rs), 2 Shelby GTs a new C6 or a used C5 Z06. Any one of those cars would have been a pleasure to own, but, I am sure glad I waited to get what I really wanted. Now, if I could just get it to warm up and melt enough to get it out and drive it.

I guess I have GSDS (garaged shelby distress syndrome). In some ways, I think it is worse having and not being able to drive it than it was not having it yet.

Tim, wife and I went to a movie last week. We saw a trailer for a new Will Ferrell comedy coming out in February. Can't recall the name of it, but as usual....he's in his underwear in the movie. :finger:

Dave - do you know what is really weird about that - I'm in my underwear right now too!!!! Don't get a visual. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

HSURB

post-6100-1198331746_thumb.jpg

post-6100-1198331746_thumb.jpg

It took me two years and 3 months to get my deal and car on the way. I've spent more time trying to get this car then on anything else I have ever tried to buy.

Heck buying a house was way easier then this car.

So yea I can relate.

Hopefully in about 4 weeks I'll have it.

Hearing how long you guys waited from the time you ordered is surprising and shows how much of a Shelby fan you are and is also a testament to how good the car is.

I don't know if it counts, but it took me over a year to wear my dealer down.

They actually put my order in in late May. I got my Vin in mid June. Built early Aug and home Aug 17th.

It counts. You worked hard at that and it paid off. I think that is the way to get one at MSRP. You develop a relationship with the dealer and keep in contact with them. It finally paid off for me.

I also suffer from GSDS (garaged shelby distress syndrome). I placed my deposit on 04/05 and finally took delivery on 12/10/07. Now it's dodging snowflakes and salt roads in between drives.

Same here. I got mine just over a week ago. Snowed 6" the next day and been looking at it ever since. The snow finally melted today. Now, just need a little rain to wash the salt brine off the roads, then a decent day to continue the break-in.

That really sucks for you guys. At least I got to enjoy it some before I had to put it away. I just back from getting a beer out of the garage fridge. While I was out there I peeked under the cover to sneak a look at her. She is still just as pretty as the day I picked her up.

It was actually mid 50s in Indiana today. There is still a lot of salt, sand and rocks on the road, however. I just couldn't do it today.

I can relate to poor timing. It took me four and half years get the car (the last year was spent in "negotiations") to finally get a dealer to order me a Shelby at MSRP (Cdn) in mid Oct. and I took possession of it yesterday (08 Grabber Vert.). Now I have to wait a little longer before I can drive her from the dealership to my home where she will be in hibernation till end March.

Remember guys, these are modern cars. There's little harm in running in the winter as long as roads are dry....Traction will Suck! but at least it cuts down on Garage syndrome :finger: Of course the above does NOT apply if you are a bit obsessive about your car. have a great holiday guys/girls ! :backtotopic:

Even one day of this sux.... :banghead:

Im watching football looking out the window at a clear blue skied, 63 F day.

Meanwhile, my vert is sitting in chainlinked icebox in MI. :censored:

This ordering wait should come with an additional option,

Option code MAG -45

A gun and a bullet to end the suffering!!!! :redcard:

Sorry, having a moment in PSDS!!! :finger:

Remember guys, these are modern cars. There's little harm in running in the winter as long as roads are dry....Traction will Suck! but at least it cuts down on Garage syndrome :finger: Of course the above does NOT apply if you are a bit obsessive about your car. have a great holiday guys/girls ! :backtotopic:

Well, I am obsessive with mine. Problem here is they heavily salt and sand the roads. I don't want to sandblast my fenders with sand or undercoat with salt. IT is too cold to hand wash anything like that off and I will not ever take it through an autowash. So, all I can do is bitch about it and cry in my beer.

Well, I am obsessive with mine. Problem here is they heavily salt and sand the roads. I don't want to sandblast my fenders with sand or undercoat with salt. IT is too cold to hand wash anything like that off and I will not ever take it through an autowash. So, all I can do is bitch about it and cry in my beer.

:rant::doh::superhero::banghead: Yeah winter sure is fun !

• 3 years later...

Archived