TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone else have this problem?

CMCVette

Ok, so here'sthe issue: I'm much slower to get home from work sometimes with the SGT than I was with my vette---- yes, it's true, & I thought I'd see if anyone else is having this problem.... It's not related to HP, either: So everytime I stop for gas, someone comes up, admiring the car, & we end up talking all about it & other cars! THen someone else comes by, and there's another 5-10 minutes, & by the time I know it, I'm running late! ; )

Happy Holidays, fellow SGT owners!

Ok, so here'sthe issue: I'm much slower to get home from work sometimes with the SGT than I was with my vette---- yes, it's true, & I thought I'd see if anyone else is having this problem.... It's not related to HP, either: So everytime I stop for gas, someone comes up, admiring the car, & we end up talking all about it & other cars! THen someone else comes by, and there's another 5-10 minutes, & by the time I know it, I'm running late! ; )

Happy Holidays to you!

As I have said, many times, no car I have never owned AT ANY PRICE has garnered the attention this one has.

NONE at even twice the price!

I guess it goes to show you that you should of bought the Subaru :hysterical::hysterical2:

Its funny,even when my car is filthy from winter and I think no one will look at it, I still get compliments.I even got a "Its the Barret jackson car that sold for $600,000 NICE."Its good to own a SHELBY.

Filthy? Filthy from "winter"? :finger: I'm sure there is a car wash every few miles...is there not? :waiting:

The shelbygt is truly a gorgeous car as is the GT500 .... both stop people in there tracks

We are truly blessed

5-10 minutes?

That's all?

I know exactly what you mean! It's unbelievable... One time my wife was in the car with me while I stopped for gas and she was watching these two guys circle the gas pumps repeatedly, staring at the car from every angle. There eyes as wide as a highway. They finally stopped and started to tell me how awesome they thought the car was. To make a long story short when I got in the car to leave, my wife looked at me with a cute little smile and said "you must have a woody the size of a telephone pole". I loved every minute of it!!!

Yep...I have this problem even at 5:00 in the morning when going to work. If I drive the SGT to work in the mornings, I have to leave at least 15 minutes earlier. It's great to talk about this car to others who are dreaming they owned one. My wife does get a bit irritated at times....but that's life.

It's happened so many times now, and my wife is so used to witnessing it, even SHE can give the details: "It starts out as a Mustang GT, then goes to Shelby's shop in Vegas"....

She can list the contents of the various FRPP packs. She knows to tell them the difference between the GT and the GT500. It's uncanny.

Jer

It's happened so many times now, and my wife is so used to witnessing it, even SHE can give the details: "It starts out as a Mustang GT, then goes to Shelby's shop in Vegas"....

She can list the contents of the various FRPP packs. She knows to tell them the difference between the GT and the GT500. It's uncanny.

Jer

+1

My wife got me a car cover for Christmas! I asked if she got the one for the GT500 or the SGT....

She looks at me like I'm crazy and says, "Shelby GT with the spoiler delete".

I'm a luck guy and I think I'll keep this one. ^_^

Dan

yes lots of discussions and interest...of course....you can determine the time....I find it simple to just leave when I have had enough....hopefully it wont stop.....of course the blond the other day got some special time consideration....drive it like you stole it. Steve

yes lots of discussions and interest...of course....you can determine the time....I find it simple to just leave when I have had enough....hopefully it wont stop.....of course the blond the other day got some special time consideration....drive it like you stole it. Steve

Humm....Steve, mind telling me where that was? :dreamy:

I agree with everyone and its a problem i can live with....... :shift:

The only time i get a little bummed is when some one comes up and say's "Hey, Man O Man, Look at that car, ect......

Man thats got like 500 hp or something right? Man O Man..............

Then i have to say,

No its not the Gt500, Its the Shelby Gt. Then i proced to tell them about it and the differences between the two, But, End result is that every one agrees that its a nice car. Everybody also agrees that they both, Gt500 and Shelby Gt, are awsome cars no matter what.

I agree with everyone and its a problem i can live with....... :shift:

The only time i get a little bummed is when some one comes up and say's "Hey, Man O Man, Look at that car, ect......

Man thats got like 500 hp or something right? Man O Man..............

Then i have to say,

No its not the Gt500, Its the Shelby Gt. Then i proced to tell them about it and the differences between the two, But, End result is that every one agrees that its a nice car. Everybody also agrees that they both, Gt500 and Shelby Gt, are awsome cars no matter what.

I have given up on that one. I really don't have the time to explain the differences. I just nod my head and get on my way. It got old real fast and if I can get an additional 200hp of respect for free, and no ADM, who am I to complain! :headspin:

• 3 weeks later...

This may not be the fastest car on the market but it is the BEST looking car period. I don't have to speed or race my way home because it is such a pleasure to drive this machine. 400-500 hp doesn't mean a thing if you can't use it so I might as well have a car that is fun to drive at resonable speeds and is DYNOMITE to look at.

Just remember, cars like the Subaru WRX are fast but ugly, and it doesn';t matter how fast they are, they can't outrun ugly!

This may not be the fastest car on the market but it is the BEST looking car period. I don't have to speed or race my way home because it is such a pleasure to drive this machine. 400-500 hp doesn't mean a thing if you can't use it so I might as well have a car that is fun to drive at resonable speeds and is DYNOMITE to look at.

Just remember, cars like the Subaru WRX are fast but ugly, and it doesn';t matter how fast they are, they can't outrun ugly!

+1

More truthful words have not been spoke here.

My only beef is that it's always "guys" coming up to talk about the car.

Someone find me a 30-40 year old "babe" who loves torque and doesn't have five kids waiting at home who can drive a stick, and watch my post count diminish...

Archived