TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is the Shelby GT considered an SVT product

Sharp GT500

SVT to my understanding had nothing to do with this car.

It was born a stock Mustang GT and shipped to SAI.

SAI than added there suspension and handling package ... etc ...

I would say no to the SVT connection

Just my .02 cents worth

I think because it has many of the FRPP suspension parts and some engine upgrades too that originated from SVT & Ford racing it could and should be considered to have the SVT blood line.

I would have to agree with you on that with all the FRPP parts that end up in it .that were developed by SVT

SVT to my understanding had nothing to do with this car.

It was born a stock Mustang GT and shipped to SAI.

SAI than added there suspension and handling package ... etc ...

I would say no to the SVT connection

Just my .02 cents worth

SAI added who's suspension package ? Last I checked it was FRPP's suspension and CAI which is synonyms with SVT.

That is a definate connection or .....blood line ..... IMO even though installed at SAI not Flat Rock. Same goes for the Bullitt too maybe even moreso because everything is installed at FlatRock.

I'm not ready to go quite as far as to declair them as SVT vehicles but they certainly have a SVT connection with regards to performance.

How about this: The Shelby GT is modified at the Shelby Las Vegas Facility utilizing Parts and Engineering developed by Ford's SVT division and FORD Racing Parts. why all the animosity towards SVT??

...who said anything bad about SVT. A question was asked and some offered opinions. I don't see anybody saying a bad word about SVT.

How about this: The Shelby GT is modified at the Shelby Las Vegas Facility utilizing Parts and Engineering developed by Ford's SVT division and FORD Racing Parts. why all the animosity towards SVT??

You misunderstand, I love Shelby and SVT products. I sold my 93 lightning to buy this. I had an SVT certificate for my 93. I just thought if this was considered an SVT too, maybe they are doing certificates for them. I had my visor signed by Shelby, ordered the Shelby ArteHouse print, got the die-cast, posters and any thing else I could find. This is a dream come true for me to own a Shelby and I want to get every thing I can that goes with it. :happy feet:

Welcome to the forums dual quads, there is a great bunch of people here.

My thoughts are this: If it were considered to be an SVT product, it would have SVT badging somewhere on the car. It does not. It does, however, contain some parts which were developed by Ford Racing and / or SVT. Still, I have seen it on the SVT website in the past, yet there does not seem to be a clear reason for that. My guess is that SAI, Ford Racing and SVT all had a hand in the car's development, but it is not and SVT product.

i dont think the SGT is a SVT product. we are not a SVT store, so we never had a new lighting or cobra, but when the GT500 came out they gave all dealers a chance to get at least one, but we did have to pay 3500 to get the chance.

the SGT any dealer could order one without any extra charge for materials, so with just that i dont think that its a SVT product.

michael morris

I think because it has many of the FRPP suspension parts and some engine upgrades too that originated from SVT & Ford racing it could and should be considered to have the SVT blood line.

Using this logic makes the stock Mustang GT also part of the SVT "blood line".

But I disagree because the GT500 is THE ONLY CURRENT CAR engineered and badged

by SVT (SPECIAL VEHICLE TEAM) Division of Ford Motor Co.

SAI added who's suspension package ? Last I checked it was FRPP's suspension and CAI which is synonyms with SVT.

That is a definate connection or .....blood line ..... IMO even though installed at SAI not Flat Rock. Same goes for the Bullitt too maybe even moreso because everything is installed at FlatRock.

I'm not ready to go quite as far as to declair them as SVT vehicles but they certainly have a SVT connection with regards to performance.

It's an EIBACH suspension system, springs, struts, sway bars, etc. I believe this system is on Shelby GT, GT500 40th Anniv, SS and KR.

I have no insights into what Ford internally considers what is SVT, what comes from work by SVT, what was simply parker outside the SVT offices one day, or which cars an SVT team member may have sat in or leaned against. While I can understand the question and your honest intent I doubt anyone else here does either.

Unfortunately, in the grand tradition of "Is the GT500 a real Shelby" I hope we don't fall into the same debate turning the tables and try the SVT side of things with topic responses sure to illicit just more polarized views that in the end will gain us absolutely nothing in knowledge and perhaps much in goodwill.

Whoa! Cool! :happy feet:

Yes, right up there with "Is the GT500 a real Shelby" we now turn the tables and try the SVT side of things with a topic sure to illicit even more polarized views that in the end will mean absolutely nothing! :banghead:

Outstanding gentleman! :finger:

:hysterical2: Hey, we gotta talk about something here, right?

I have no insights into what Ford internally considers what is SVT, what comes from work by SVT, what was simply parker outside the SVT offices one day, or which cars an SVT team member may have sat in or leaned against. While I can understand the question and your honest intent I doubt anyone else here does either.

Unfortunately, in the grand tradition of "Is the GT500 a real Shelby" I hope we don't fall into the same debate turning the tables and try the SVT side of things with topic responses sure to illicit just more polarized views that in the end will gain us absolutely nothing in knowledge and perhaps much in goodwill.

And why are you commenting on a subject that

"IN THE END MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING"????????????????????? :hysterical:

And why are you commenting on a subject that

"IN THE END MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING"????????????????????? :hysterical:

But that begs the question of why are you commenting on my comment, which really meant absolutely nothing, about a topic that means absolutely nothing!

Who is more the fool, the fool or the fool who follows him

:hysterical2:

But that begs the question of why are you commenting on my comment, which really meant absolutely nothing, about a topic that means absolutely nothing!

Who is more the fool, the fool or the fool who follows him

:hysterical: Be very careful as you would be calling a lot of

members on this site "FOOLS WHO FOLLOW FOOLS"?????????? :hysterical2:

While I never said that the SGT is a SVT vehicle there's no denying SVT played a part in it's development.

this is page 22 out of the 2007 FRPP catalog.

IMG-5.jpg

If I could read the fine print I am sure I would not find

any referance to SVT or Special Vehicle Team ???????????? :waiting:

As I was reading this thread my thought was this is the different way of presenting or someone trying to justify...

is the Shelby GT a SVT product?

is the Shelby GT500 a Shelby product?

They are both available for purchase

Buy which ever car you :censored: want

buy one of each

buy a corvette

Just GET OVER IT

:soapbox:

As I was reading this thread my thought was this is the different way of presenting or someone trying to justify...

is the Shelby GT a SVT product?

is the Shelby GT500 a Shelby product?

They are both available for purchase

Buy which ever car you :censored: want

buy one of each

buy a corvette

Just GET OVER IT

:soapbox:

Exactly.

I see the Shelby GT is on the Ford SVT web sight. Is the Shelby GT considered an SVT product too? :unsure:

Sorry, I don't think anyone here directly answered your question.

No, the Shelby GT is not considered an SVT product.

Obviously the GT500 is an SVT product.

And I agree with an earlier post; Buy both if you can afford it.

Archived