TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do all Gt500s get shipped with the Front Lic Bracket?

1FAFP90

I live in PA where the front plate is not required, but I bought it in OH and it was located in NC where I believe they both do require them. OH I know does. I don't think mine even came with the plate. If it did I threw it away. It was going to be no where near my bumper. I'm pretty sure its up to the dealer to install them. I've see where they put them on for the dealer advertisement or if the plate is required, but personally with my car, if the plate was on it, they would have been replacing the bumper and strips. These cars weren't designed and tested to have plates on them and to me, they are a major eye sore. Heck I'm still looking for a way to get out of the inspection stickers in the windows. I would make sure to notify the dealer if you don't want them installed.

I had the guys in our prototype shop make this out of Stainless. Good clean look. Attaches to existing spoiler mounting holes. And it doesn't affect the cooling.

Stuart

PS - I know it's dirty, missing a mounting screw and I've scrapped the bottom of the spoiler....

post-7616-1198263207_thumb.jpg

post-7616-1198263356_thumb.jpg

post-7616-1198263366_thumb.jpg

post-7616-1198263207_thumb.jpg

post-7616-1198263356_thumb.jpg

post-7616-1198263366_thumb.jpg

I had the guys in our prototype shop make this out of Stainless. Good clean look. Attaches to existing spoiler mounting holes. And it doesn't affect the cooling.

Stuart

PS - I know it's dirty, missing a mounting screw and I've scrapped the bottom of the spoiler....

You going to be making them for sale?

Let me know...

Stuart

Your design means the bracket will scrape before the spoiler will :)

I live in NY and it is a 2 plate state. My dealer said he would never think of putting it on. Left it in the trunk for me. 2 weeks into ownership and pulled over and advised if the VTL's stand on front plates. Good thing to know a few officers!! :shift:

mine was in the trunk. get the custom bracket from FLA, no drilling needed, comes with a rubber spacer. i'll see if i can find the link to his web site. stsltd, where in md are you located?

I actually bought one of them myself .

here is the link http://trailerrebuilders.com/services

I paid 71.00 dollars for it shipped. I would sell it for 55.00 shipped if any one is intersted .(part is brand new never mounted still has the wrapper on it)

I went with the one from cananda thats mounted on lower grill(that one cost 250.00)

Maybe we can get a dealer to chime in here but if I am not mistaken there is a place on the order form for the car for a front bracket,free of charge.If your state requires 1 go to your dealer you should have gotten 1.

You are correct sir!!! It's a check off when you order. States not requiring them and dealers who were selling out of state didn't generally order it. Mine didn't either. I'm in IL, but they didn't require it where I bought it.

bj

My uncle (who's a machinest) came over today and got a ride in the car. Afterwards, i was asking him about making me some stuff for the car. He took a look at the front and said to swing by with the car and he'll have something made up for the front license plate when i get there.

He's also going to make my aluminum 1/4 window covers.

He also said if i needed pullies, he can make them for me also. He made his own aluminum pullies for his '69 427 Vette. I'm lucky he's willing to fabricate a few things for my car.

Archived