TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do all Gt500s get shipped with the Front Lic Bracket?

1FAFP90

Interesting... I wonder why the difference.

Luis, do you know the order code your dealer used to get you the front plate, even though FL doesn't require it? I'd like to have the bracket, even though I'm not required to use one.

Maybe we can get a dealer to chime in here but if I am not mistaken there is a place on the order form for the car for a front bracket,free of charge.If your state requires 1 go to your dealer you should have gotten 1.

I'm hoping to find out what that code is to put on the order form :)

Im actually concerned about this- Im on the other side- Texas requires one, but I dont want holes in my front bumper, so i am gonna be really unhappy if my dealer drills one in against my wishes. I'll pay the ticket, but I dont want holes.

Im actually concerned about this- Im on the other side- Texas requires one, but I dont want holes in my front bumper, so i am gonna be really unhappy if my dealer drills one in against my wishes. I'll pay the ticket, but I dont want holes.

I'm sure if you tell your dealer not to install it, they won't. Make sure their PDI guys don't get the bracket before you do. I'm not going to install the bracket, I just want to have it.

Dubbs - does your vehicle order confirmation show an option code next to the lic plate bracket?

We do not need a front plate in MI, but I requested my dealer not even put my rear plate on, I did it myself. I would just ask that nothing be done to the car (drilling) and ask for the plate screws, as that is all Ford supplies. You can drill your own holes if an when you need to.

We do not need a front plate in MI, but I requested my dealer not even put my rear plate on, I did it myself. I would just ask that nothing be done to the car (drilling) and ask for the plate screws, as that is all Ford supplies. You can drill your own holes if an when you need to.

usually option code 153 is front tag bracket

im drilling holes everywhere!!! front, back, side and doors :hysterical:

now showing the 26th again on your dads car.

michael morris

The holes are already in the bumper, from the factory. If you look at your stripes you'll see 2 holes behind the stripes.

I think if you look closely you will see dimples that are not drilled. That is what mine had and the bracket was in the trunk. Mine was ordered thru a state (Utah) that required front plates and delivered where I live (Arizona) on a drop ship situation. AZ doesn't require a front plate so I was all over not having it mounted. It is a PDI deal so it is a matter of working with your dealer to make sure some dealer PDI do gooder doesn't beat you to it and screw it on.

im drilling holes everywhere!!! front, back, side and doors :hysterical:

now showing the 26th again on your dads car.

michael morris

Thanks for the update, Michael- I was refering to my dealer here- go figure, I cant get any help from the dealer with my car 2 miles away, but my dealer in GA is mr. Johnny on the spot! :superhero: you can add all the "performance holes" you want to that car- Im not writing the check for it! :hysterical2:

The holes are already in the bumper, from the factory. If you look at your stripes you'll see 2 holes behind the stripes.

I saw a GT500 in my :banghead: dealer's showroom with the bracket, so I haven't seen one without yet, but that makes me feel better if it is already there.

You've got the Swiss export model :headspin:

Body by Rolex? Does that mean its overpriced and quits working if you dont keep it in motion? :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2:

I think if you look closely you will see dimples that are not drilled. That is what mine had and the bracket was in the trunk. Mine was ordered thru a state (Utah) that required front plates and delivered where I live (Arizona) on a drop ship situation. AZ doesn't require a front plate so I was all over not having it mounted. It is a PDI deal so it is a matter of working with your dealer to make sure some dealer PDI do gooder doesn't beat you to it and screw it on.

Would PDI stand for Public display of incompetence? Im not holding my breathe...my dealer here seems to have some communication issues and perhaps some ADD going around....Or its the fact that the sale has already been made, so off to the next guy... :finger:

Mine came with the bracket in the trunk also - I called and emailed my dealer a few times to make sure it was not put on - there are small dimples for where the mount goes, they are covered by the stripes for those cars equipped that way -

There is a fellow GT 500 owner in Florida that makes a great bracket that mounts under the splitter using existing holes - works great - there are a number of previous threads discussing this , just wanted to give out the option - Maryland where I live is not shy about issuing any ticket they can so I decided not to take the chance

I would make sure you let you dealer know that you don`t want it mounted before it arrives & a car jokey puts them on right after he washes it.

Did you ask why you didn`t get one???????

I drove 500 miles to get the car and didn't know it was suppose to come with the car. I went to my local Ford dealer and they said some cars come with them and others don't. Since I didn't buy the car from them they charged me.

I drove 500 miles to get the car and didn't know it was suppose to come with the car. I went to my local Ford dealer and they said some cars come with them and others don't. Since I didn't buy the car from them they charged me.

I am glad they lost mine before they could PUT HOLES IN MY BUMPER......... :headspin:

Interesting... I wonder why the difference.

Luis, do you know the order code your dealer used to get you the front plate, even though FL doesn't require it? I'd like to have the bracket, even though I'm not required to use one.

I don't, but if you tell me where to find the number I'll look for it.

Here is the link for Ken with Trailier rebuilders - he is the one that builds the bracket I was talking about -

http://trailerrebuilders.com/home

he has a picture of his bracket and shows it mounted, I can post a picture of mine if you would like also...

GT500-07 - I live in Bowie, just outside of Washington, you nearby?

Interesting idea. A couple of questions:

1)Have you noticed any change in engine temp? I'm curious on it's effect on blocking airflow.

2)Is the rubber part rubbing against the paint?

Thanks

You guys rock....I was all ready to either make something myself or pay lots o tix

that saves me time and money!

I talked to my dealer today, and he assured me it will be handled correctly....no holes, and when I explained that the stripes are vinyl and could not simply be touched up, he clicked, and understood my concern...

I think maybe going into a dealership results in better service than a phone call if anyone else out there is having worries like me.

I also got to go around the desk and see the screens to track my car, which I was mistakenly told had already shipped...

It is on the ramp awaiting a railcar- hence no railcar #

eta now after new years------ :banghead:

Archived