TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sneak Peak of 725 Kenny Bell

I was at SAI last month just after they installed the polished KB on my 40th (1 of 15) Anniversary. Bud sent me this pic, but it doesn't give a clue as to how bad ass this engine compartment looks. I think this will be the first 40th completed with the full SS 725 HP upgrades.

JW at SAI called today to report on the first test drive. All he could say was scary fast! Yea Baby, that's what I'm talking about

post-8276-1198129510_thumb.jpg

post-8276-1198129510_thumb.jpg

Do they use the same SC on the 600 HP upgrade? Are there any more pics? That looks incredible!!!

No, the 600 H.P. package only comes with the FRPP/Roush SC, and is only available in black.

Congrats CobraFan!!

Did they give you any approximate RWHP numbers?

Do you still have the stock 3.31 gears, or have you changed them out yet?

Congrats again,

-Josh

P.S. - LOVE the White/Silver stripes!!! :D

Josh,

Sorry to butt in to your question about the gears, but SAI changes the complete differental assembly with 3:73 gears in it.

NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT !!!!!

Congrats CobraFan!!

Did they give you any approximate RWHP numbers?

Do you still have the stock 3.31 gears, or have you changed them out yet?

Congrats again,

-Josh

P.S. - LOVE the White/Silver stripes!!! :D

Josh, you can also use battery acid as well as salt to pour in the wound. A couple things. I do have 3.73 gears installed. SAI swapped the gears and not the whole unit as they had originally planned. All of the details had not been worked out for the complete unit. They may be now, not sure. They are doing some testing with my car since it is on the top of the list and I suspect they may dyno it to be sure that the HP comes up to the 725 crank. I would think the last thing they would want to do is to start to deliver these to folks and get 680 or something less than 725. As goofy as we all are, someone will be carping about 724 HP.

[att

achment=24258:Before_edited_1.jpg]

Any pics of how that looks compared to stock? Also, what all is in the 40th power upgrade? Just the SC or is there more such as gears, drive shaft etc?

brad. I've attached a before of the engine comparment. There is no 40th power upgrade. The 40th includes a suspension upgrade as well as wheels and tires. The power upgrades are from SuperSnake. You have a choice of 600 HP or 725. I've got full SS performance, suspension, breaks, quick throw shift, 3.73 gears, 725 KB, one piece drive shaft, and exhaust. All that is lacking to be a SS is the hood, wheels, and black striping.

post-8276-1198389104_thumb.jpg

post-8276-1198389104_thumb.jpg

Archived