TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What are you guys planning to do with your stock parts?

My parts will be for sale. Are you interested?

I can't see any reason to keep the parts,

After a 30K+ upgrade the last thing I would want to do is

put the car back to stock. :hysterical2:

As for collector value 30 years from now, Who Cares,

I won't be around to see it.

But in all reality I think a Super Snaked GT500 will be worth

a hell of a lot more than a stock GT500 in 30 years . JMO

Alan

My thoughts EXACTLY.! Will be selling all the parts taken off on e-bay to recover as much money as possible. All my parts will be brand new with zero miles since I'm having my car built and sent to SAI for the Super Snake conversion. The car is worth much more when converted to even think about putting any of the stock parts back on! That should be a NO BRAINER. LOL :headspin:

My thoughts EXACTLY.! Will be selling all the parts taken off on e-bay to recover as much money as possible. All my parts will be brand new with zero miles since I'm having my car built and sent to SAI for the Super Snake conversion. The car is worth much more when converted to even think about putting any of the stock parts back on! That should be a NO BRAINER. LOL :headspin:

That hurts but is true.....oh well time to whippleize.....just kidding guys you are right, it would be foolish to put back to stock.....congrats on your SS's

We should probably start a Tasca thread so I can keep track of everyone on here. And maybe some of you can make some friends also.

Hey Kyle,

I'm also in New York and will be coming to Tasca for the SS conversion. I also will be looking to sell the take off parts, so please keep me in mind. I have a coupe so my number will come up after the verts. Any idea on the time lline and when Tasca will begin production. I'm in the starting gate ready to go. :waiting:

Hello to Keith from L.I. we spoke on the phone last week.

Mike

Hey Kyle,

I'm also in New York and will be coming to Tasca for the SS conversion. I also will be looking to sell the take off parts, so please keep me in mind. I have a coupe so my number will come up after the verts. Any idea on the time lline and when Tasca will begin production. I'm in the starting gate ready to go. :waiting:

Hello to Keith from L.I. we spoke on the phone last week.

Mike

Mike so you stepped to the plate huh.... Awesome!!

I can't wait..... Getting very excited as I feel it coming soon!

Talk soon.

-- Keith

Yeah Keith thats what I was wondering, every once in a while I will have someone come in asking if we have any GT500 Factory mufflers or Brakes that people with Mustang/Shelby GT's can use. If anyone is having any work done by us, let me know I will try to line up some buyers for your OEM GT500 parts.

Its ashame to just let a supercharger sit for 30 years and not do anything except dry up the seals - I'm trying to think of a use for them...

I will be doing my SS at Tasca. I will be selling my parts so count me in on that...Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm selling my parts off. There is always someone who will buy them for way too much on ebay.

Yeah Keith thats what I was wondering, every once in a while I will have someone come in asking if we have any GT500 Factory mufflers or Brakes that people with Mustang/Shelby GT's can use. If anyone is having any work done by us, let me know I will try to line up some buyers for your OEM GT500 parts.

Its ashame to just let a supercharger sit for 30 years and not do anything except dry up the seals - I'm trying to think of a use for them...

Will it fit on a 5.4L F-150?

not without a lot of fab work... You need a lower intake manifold and the one from the GT500 will not work as the spacing is different on the 32V heads. You can make it fit, its just how much work you want to do to make it work.

Work it the other way around. What *does* it fit on? Then approach the drivers of those vehicles to see if they're interested. I'm going to have 2 SC's available, but work will likely be done in Vegas.

not without a lot of fab work... You need a lower intake manifold and the one from the GT500 will not work as the spacing is different on the 32V heads. You can make it fit, its just how much work you want to do to make it work.

That IS a bummer. Remember I asked you the same question? If you guys were smart (and I know you are) you might look into a GT500 to F150 s/c conversion kit as alot of us own F150s with 5.4s, too!!! :happy feet:

I was debating on this issue. I might use the wheels for something, but having that brand new s/c sit around is just such a waste!!!

Kyle, I do have a lawn tractor...could you make it work on that????? :hysterical2:

That IS a bummer. Remember I asked you the same question? If you guys were smart (and I know you are) you might look into a GT500 to F150 s/c conversion kit as alot of us own F150s with 5.4s, too!!! :happy feet:

I was debating on this issue. I might use the wheels for something, but having that brand new s/c sit around is just such a waste!!!

Kyle, I do have a lawn tractor...could you make it work on that????? :hysterical2:

Yes, mod info for a 15HP Kubota would be great... :hysterical2:

Archived