TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paint Issue

Big_Slick737

Well for some reason I missed seeing this, I still dont know how, but I plan on taking

it to a dealership to have this corrected. This is on the Front Passenger and driver turn

signal housing.

I wanted to let everyone know so that for folks picking up their Shelby in the near

future to look for this when you go pick it up.

I could probably fix it with a good exacto knife but better to leave it to the professionals.

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

That does not look right.... not just paint. They paint before the insert the lights (I think). You might want to look at the car and make sure it was not hit?

Yeah to me it looksl like the front facia paint wasnt trimmed out very well before it went to the assembly line to be put onto my car. That is my guess since I dont know the order in which things are assembeled or painted.

The Paint shown in the Pics is not stuck to the Turn Signal lens.

I do have another small over spray under the Rear Passenger Wheelwell.. PIC below.

DSC00216.jpg

Yeah to me it looksl like the front facia paint wasnt trimmed out very well before it went to the assembly line to be put onto my car. That is my guess since I dont know the order in which things are assembeled or painted.

The Paint shown in the Pics is not stuck to the Turn Signal lens.

I do have another small over spray under the Rear Passenger Wheelwell.. PIC below.

DSC00216.jpg

That is amazing.I have never seen that before.The bumper is painted in the Plastic Paint Shop then in the same shop the front fascia is built up.This means that they install the side reflectors,turn signals etc. then it is shipped to Trim and Final to be assembled to the car.I am not so sure it left AAI like that.

That is amazing.I have never seen that before.The bumper is painted in the Plastic Paint Shop then in the same shop the front fascia is built up.This means that they install the side reflectors,turn signals etc. then it is shipped to Trim and Final to be assembled to the car.I am not so sure it left AAI like that.

I picked it up the Day After it Arrived by Train... So either the Quality Control Failed to catch this when the Front Facia was painted and front fascia built up. Or There may have been some repair work after final assembly before it left AAI. I will have to check my dates again. I have the visiblity report with everything on it.

Found my Visibility Report:

In Transit

Shipped Rail - Railcar # ETTX850882 (Canadian National Railways )

Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI

Nov-02-2007, 15:00 ET

Nov-19-2007

Awaiting Shipment

Origin Received - A26 (Autoport Limited )

Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI

Nov-01-2007, 19:30 ET

Nov-19-2007

Awaiting Shipment

Released

Autoalliance International Inc, MI

Oct-31-2007

Nov-19-2007 ETA

In Production

Produced

Oct-24-2007

Nov-19-2007 ETA

In Production

Body Shop

Oct-23-2007

Nov-19-2007 ETA

In Production

Sent to Plant

Oct-16-2007

Nov-19-2007 ETA

In Order Processing

Scheduled to Day (Oct-24-2007)

Oct-05-2007

Nov-19-2007 ETA

In Order Processing

Scheduled to Week (Week -of Oct-22-2007)

Sep-13-2007

In Order Processing

Unscheduled- Material Hold

Sep-12-2007

Car Arrived Nov 14th, Picked up On Nov 15th

If it is paint, it was probably a touch up after final inspection. It sort of looks like the plastic just wasn't trimmed right, though. The bumper plastic is really flimsy, and all of the holes have slubs like that after they come out of the mold. It's supposed to be trimmed up before it goes on the car. You can tell by seeing if it is stuck to the lens or just laying on it.

Somebody on the final inspection needs to bend over or get a mirror on a stick...

go to the dealership and request a copy from Tech Oasis and that will document any warranty that the dealership did because they will turn into Ford any work that had to be done to ford.

The dealership will not pay for anything that they can turn into Ford.

Mine had work done on mine and the only way I found out was to get the information.

They did a lousy job and I was PI**ED bud will not let them fix it because I dont trust them.

When Ford called me I let them know how unhappy I was with them.

Art

If it is paint, it was probably a touch up after final inspection. It sort of looks like the plastic just wasn't trimmed right, though. The bumper plastic is really flimsy, and all of the holes have slubs like that after they come out of the mold. It's supposed to be trimmed up before it goes on the car. You can tell by seeing if it is stuck to the lens or just laying on it.

Somebody on the final inspection needs to bend over or get a mirror on a stick...

I looked at it even more closely today and the Paint is just laying against the lens I am able to put a thin piece of hard plastic between the paint and the lens.

My impression is they did a bad trim job on it... :banghead::banghead:

go to the dealership and request a copy from Tech Oasis and that will document any warranty that the dealership did because they will turn into Ford any work that had to be done to ford.

The dealership will not pay for anything that they can turn into Ford.

Mine had work done on mine and the only way I found out was to get the information.

They did a lousy job and I was PI**ED bud will not let them fix it because I dont trust them.

When Ford called me I let them know how unhappy I was with them.

Art

Will DO !!!! Thanks for the Tip...

I know that the dealership didnt do anything to the car they were fantastic... only took the car off the truck.

It was dirty and had all the plastic and everything still wrapped up. It definately came from the Plant this way.

The Dealership saw the pics and said.. We'll get it taken care of for ya.. No problem..

Wow, I didn't see that either. I know we both saw the drip in the wheel well at the beginning of the lip roll. But how did we both miss that!

I'm confident the guys at Diffee will take care of you on this one, though. No worries.

Yeah Dan and the boys said the same thing.. How did we miss seeing that. hahaha

Depending on what they want to do.. Might mean a nice road trip back up to OK. :happy feet:

This must be common on these cars. I was rolling around on a creeper looking at mine and the rear valance has a small amount of over spray on it. I think it would make things worse if I would have the valance changed out. With the price of this car you would think the shotty work wouldn't be tolerated.

This must be common on these cars. I was rolling around on a creeper looking at mine and the rear valance has a small amount of over spray on it. I think it would make things worse if I would have the valance changed out. With the price of this car you would think the shotty work wouldn't be tolerated.

I am thinking about making that request... That the whole thing be Replaced, I mean for the price I expect it to be just about perfect.

What do you guys think, Good Or Bad Idea, and what concerns should I have with getting it repaired or completely replaced????

I would start by asking for a new car.......who ever did the re-painting did a very bad job; it may fade over time and you will end up with a two tone white. It is common for cars to get scratches and dents during transport,most dealers get them fixed and never tell the buyer.....this practice sucks! :finger:

hmmmm, I have that also on the passenger side lense :( I fell that the dealer would prolly only make it worse so I have not bothered with it. I took mine home directly off the truck so I know no one touched it after it left the factory.

Yup I took mine the morning after it came off the truck so i know it came from the factory like that...

Have to remember that no matter what we pay for these cars, they are

still production line products.

I stressed on having my headlites replaced (stains on inside lenses).

The dealer had to remove the bumper for access to replace but they

aced it and looks great. :happy feet:

If anything is disapointing about the car and you can get it corrected

under warranty, I suggest doing as we deserve no less ????????

Have to remember that no matter what we pay for these cars, they are

still production line products.

I stressed on having my headlites replaced (stains on inside lenses).

The dealer had to remove the bumper for access to replace but they

aced it and looks great. :happy feet:

If anything is disapointing about the car and you can get it corrected

under warranty, I suggest doing as we deserve no less ????????

Did you get all of your paint issues squared away now too?

Did you get all of your paint issues squared away now too?

Only paint issue I had was a scratch in the rear bumper and

the dealer body shop took care of it with no problems and

looks great.

Well I took it into a Dealership... They looked over the car and I guess there is some new Program from

FORD when it comes to Warranty Paint Issues. Ford has to send them some digital imaging package

to document the paint issue. The program started Jan 1st. So I am in a holding mode until Ford sends

them the stuff to do the digital imaging. I guess this is an attempt to help improve on Ford Factory Painting

issues or to document the missed Quality control from the plant.

Will let you know what they plan on doing to fix it.

Well I took it into a Dealership... They looked over the car and I guess there is some new Program from

FORD when it comes to Warranty Paint Issues. Ford has to send them some digital imaging package

to document the paint issue. The program started Jan 1st. So I am in a holding mode until Ford sends

them the stuff to do the digital imaging. I guess this is an attempt to help improve on Ford Factory Painting

issues or to document the missed Quality control from the plant.

Will let you know what they plan on doing to fix it.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thank You FORD!

Hang in there 'slick. They'l get it fixed.

That's a tough call. One would think that, being white, it would be an easy color to match. But that's really not true. You would have to be really careful about making sure the colors match. I think I would try fixing the original valence first. And if that didn't work, then try and get an acceptable replacement.

• 3 weeks later...

OK Im not :censored: Happy at all.. Picked up my car and Look at the wonderful paint job on my front facia..

I took the car home with a Orange waterbase marker they gave me and started marking all the issues.

Not to mention all the bumps and bubbles under the new Stripes.

The Paint had fibers and some Dirt Grains or something in the paint and clearcoat... Orange Peel was Very bad in some spots and down near the bottom splitter it was almost if they missed putting clear on it, It was Dry and rough to the touch..

I laid into them and will be :censored: cussing out the Ford Shop manager first thing Monday morning. and calling Customer Service.

Thought Id share a few of the Pics.. Still trying to calm down..

Not to mention I told them NOT to clean my car and some dumb :censored: wiped down my interior with some crappy product that left streaks and stains ... I spent 2 hour cleaning off and redoing it right so it wasnt ruined.

:censored::censored::banghead::banghead:

th_DSC00302.jpg

th_DSC00301.jpg

th_DSC00298.jpg

th_DSC00293.jpg

th_DSC00295.jpg

th_DSC00289.jpg

That sucks.

I hope the 2nd time / repair goes smooth.

I do too... Might make them just get me a brand new one if they cant do it right..

Funny thing was that my wife dropped me off.. and she commented when we got home

that she has heard me cuss but never cuss someone out EVER.. and we've know each

other for 11 yrs. HA HA.. She was in Shock.. but said she understood. :banghead:

Archived