TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Son got pulled over in the GT 500 today.

Mr. Shelby Guy

I will check out the for sale section right now. I was in Dallas about 6 weeks ago but couldnt even find a dealer that had one. Thanks for the tip!

Let me know if you get one. My coupe was found thanks to a StangsUnleashed tip in the For Sale board...

So, I am driving one direction, top down, radio blarring, just enjoying myself, and I see a cop in the opposite lane getting ready to make a U-turn. Must be after someone else, I'm just minding my business. As soon as I pass him, the lights come, he does a U-turn, and he comes up behind me. What did I do wrong? Which is what I ask the cop, apologizing profusely even though I wasn't sure what I did wrong ..... How about going 52 in a 35!!! Not good. I apologize, tell him I do my best to mind the speed limits, because being Grabber Orange, the car is pretty obvious, and boy, this thing has power. He checks me out in his computer (I hope they track donations to the Fraternal Order of Police), comes back, and says, "I am giving you a warning this time, but by all rights you should be getting a ticket for going 17 mph over speed limit. Uh, by the way, how much horsepower does this thing have?" 500 hp I proclaim (and was just about to say "and soon to have more" but thought that might not be a wise comment at the moment!). Calmly, he says "Woowww, that thing must haul ...... And yep, your right, can see you coming a long way off. Just a heads up!!!"

Lucked out this time!!!! Probably lots of other stories like this one.

So, I am driving one direction, top down, radio blarring, just enjoying myself, and I see a cop in the opposite lane getting ready to make a U-turn. Must be after someone else, I'm just minding my business. As soon as I pass him, the lights come, he does a U-turn, and he comes up behind me. What did I do wrong? Which is what I ask the cop, apologizing profusely even though I wasn't sure what I did wrong ..... How about going 52 in a 35!!! Not good. I apologize, tell him I do my best to mind the speed limits, because being Grabber Orange, the car is pretty obvious, and boy, this thing has power. He checks me out in his computer (I hope they track donations to the Fraternal Order of Police), comes back, and says, "I am giving you a warning this time, but by all rights you should be getting a ticket for going 17 mph over speed limit. Uh, by the way, how much horsepower does this thing have?" 500 hp I proclaim (and was just about to say "and soon to have more" but thought that might not be a wise comment at the moment!). Calmly, he says "Woowww, that thing must haul ...... And yep, your right, can see you coming a long way off. Just a heads up!!!"

Lucked out this time!!!! Probably lots of other stories like this one.

You must just be lucky! :hysterical2::hysterical2:

They haven't even given me a second glance yet :shift::speedie::devil2:

Give me a shout, Like to cruise with another G.O.!

So I get a call at work today from my son. He is 20 and had just finished finals at college and I decided to let him take the Shelby out so he can get some fresh air. He has driven the car before and has grown up with high performance cars all of his life, so I trust him. He calls me and tells me he got pulled over by a cop. Apparently, they were both going opposite directions, and as soon as the cop saw him, he made a U-Turn in the middle of the street and turned on his lights. They pulled into a gas station and the cop asked if he needed to be anywhere soon. My son told him he was just enjoying the fresh air, and the cop said "That's good. You didn't do anything wrong, I just wanted to look at the car." The cop was an older man and owns a 2006 Mustang GT. He grew up with the muscle cars and has always enjoyed Mustangs and Shelbys. He looked at the car for a good 20 minutes. He told my son that he had never seen a 2007 GT500 in person, so when he saw him he had to take a look at it. He did apologize if he scared him. After he was done, he said to my son to be careful and they drove off. I thought this was a worthwhile story to share with you guys.

Cool story. I was driving down highway 51 north at 65 mph and had to slow down to 55 go by this little town and decided to pull off into town and low and behold there was a local cop shooting pictures at the interchange where I turned off. He just smiled and gave me the thumbs up in envy!

Archived