TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another VIN Received (Help !)

gtcpa

I am new to the forum, and have learned alot from the wealth of knowledge that you guys have on these awsome cars.

This is a great support group for those of us that can't get enough of the GT500.

I received my GT500 VIN today from my dealer (1ZVHT88SX85161093) who has told me that the car has been produced and has been shipped to Shelby for completion. He told me that it should arrive at the dealer around Mid January. GT500 was ordered 11/13/07 - Red with White Stripes.

Can someone help me on this ? I was unaware that the GT500's go anywhere - I thought they were completely built at the ford plant. I thought that maybee the salesman was confused with the Shelby GT Mustangs that are sent to Shelby, but I guess I am learning every day ? The salesman and the dealership have been great to deal with, and I am not at all complaining.

Anyway the wait is an ordeal and I know how the rest of you felt before you received your ordered cars. :happy feet:

I am new to the forum, and have learned alot from the wealth of knowledge that you guys have on these awsome cars.

This is a great support group for those of us that can't get enough of the GT500.

I received my GT500 VIN today from my dealer (1ZVHT88SX85161093) who has told me that the car has been produced and has been shipped to Shelby for completion. He told me that it should arrive at the dealer around Mid January. GT500 was ordered 11/13/07 - Red with White Stripes.

Can someone help me on this ? I was unaware that the GT500's go anywhere - I thought they were completely built at the ford plant. I thought that maybee the salesman was confused with the Shelby GT Mustangs that are sent to Shelby, but I guess I am learning every day ? The salesman and the dealership have been great to deal with, and I am not at all complaining.

Anyway the wait is an ordeal and I know how the rest of you felt before you received your ordered cars. :happy feet:

Hey there,

Maybe an uninformed dealership? As far as I know the GT500 doesnt make a stop at Shelby.

Page

You have it right, the GT's go to Shelby, the GT500s stay at the plant in Flat Rock, MI just SW of Detroit for production, then across the street (usually) to have the stripes put on, then they sent to the railyard for shipping to your dealer.

To get fairly accurate updates, call 18003923673 and press options 1-5-2-2 (i think that is right) or just listen to all the computer voice question options to be sure to talk to a rep, and give them your VIN and ask for an update.

I have found that as nice as the dealer guys are, they don't have in depth information on these cars, and as nice as they are, concentrate on making the next sell, so they are willing to look up your car only once in a while.

Im not bad mouthing them either, its what I would be doing :hysterical2:

But the 800 number can get you answers to get you through the weeks...The dealer gets more accurate info usually if you can get it out of them...

good luck!

My guess would be late January for your delivery....maybe early feb at the latest, but thats just my guess from looking at everyone elses.

As I thought, you guys are the GT500 knowledge experts !

Thanks for the info. DubbsFaris ! I called and they said that the scheduled arrival time at the dealership is 1/7/08, but like you said it may be later when it actually happens. The salesman did say that it could be a little later.

What do you call this obsession ?

Thanks for the info. DubbsFaris ! I called and they said that the scheduled arrival time at the dealership is 1/7/08, but like you said it may be later when it actually happens. The salesman did say that it could be a little later.

This obsession you are experiencing is called PDSS. Pre-Delivery Shelby Syndrome!!!

It's fine once it's over!!! I took delivery on 1/13/07, so I know what you are going through. Good Luck.

PSDS!

Pre Shelby Delivery Syndrome.

You should also be able to call your dealer and ask them to track it through their dealer access. It should show a railcar number and ETA to dealer.

Once you have the railcar number, Grabber can help you track it from there.

You can also go to the Blue Oval forums under the Tracking section and request them to update you on the status of the vehicle. They will need your vin to do this.

Hope this helps.

PSDS..........Alcohol is a solution. It says so in the dictionary. :hysterical: Great news and I hope it shows up early for you.

Don

Archived