TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mobil 1 what would be your interval change period?

I am thinking 6,000 miles , I have heard everything from typical 3,000 to 10,000 what would you do?

Everything I've read says that 6k is a reasonable interval, however a lot of folks will be changing every 3k and I'm guessing feel strongly about it.

I am thinking 6,000 miles , I have heard everything from typical 3,000 to 10,000 what would you do?

I would think 6,000 should be fine depending on how much you drive the car. By that I mean, if you don't put many miles on it you may need to change it, say every 6 months even if you only have 3,000 miles on the clock. Moisture from condensation, acids and other contaminates can cause damage to the engine if the oil is left in for long periods of time. This is especially important if the car is garaged during the winter. Hope this helps.

Jim

Royal Purple, and it's every three for me. Too much stop and go traffic here in L.A., and that can beat the crap out of any oil no matter how good it is.

I know that I could could easly go to 6K intervals without blinking, but I'm happy having the peace of mind that my oil is clean and fresh.

I use a K&N 2010 oil filter too.

Mobil 1? Fantastic oil. That's all I ran in my cars until I saw the light with Royal Purple.

Of course that's JMO.

Royal Purple, and it's every three for me. Too much stop and go traffic here in L.A., and that can beat the crap out of any oil no matter how good it is.

I know that I could could easly go to 6K intervals without blinking, but I'm happy having the peace of mind that my oil is clean and fresh.

I use a K&N 2010 oil filter too.

Mobil 1? Fantastic oil. That's all I ran in my cars until I saw the light with Royal Purple.

Of course that's JMO.

Is that a Spectre dropping flares?

Is that a Spectre dropping flares?

YUP. Lots and lots of them. It's kind of a metaphor to say that people should always try something to cover their ass, especially if the're under attack! :hysterical:

You know, like taking cheap shots from Texas Cowboys who say that people who drive the white cars are lazy (forum: thinking about a Shelby GT, a few questions ???, post #13). Hell son, we ain't lazy, were just smart and have better things to do then spend 4 hours cleaning a color that really only looks best at night. :redcard::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

You know, with all them dirt roads and cow shit everywhere, I'm amazed that they even sell black cars in Texas. :headspin::headspin::hysterical2::hysterical2:

ENGAGE FLAIRS!!! :speedie:

YUP. Lots and lots of them. It's kind of a metaphor to say that people should always try something to cover their ass, especially if the're under attack! :hysterical:

You know, like taking cheap shots from Texas Cowboys who say that people who drive the white cars are lazy (forum: thinking about a Shelby GT, a few questions ???, post #13). Hell son, we ain't lazy, were just smart and have better things to do then spend 4 hours cleaning a color that really only looks best at night. :redcard::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

You know, with all them dirt roads and cow shit everywhere, I'm amazed that they even sell black cars in Texas. :headspin::headspin::hysterical2::hysterical2:

ENGAGE FLAIRS!!! :speedie:

Umm that weren't me. Love the Spectre though :)

Umm that weren't me. Love the Spectre though :)

No, I know that it wasn't you. It was/is Stump Breaker, and I was just giving a little poop back to him, that's all. I'm glad you like the avatar. Aren't those planes great? Really underated for what they have, and can do.

Did you know that when the door gunner is raining down lead full tilt with the GatGun the plane actually drifts in the opposite direction of the fire, and the pilot has to compensate for the drift with his rudder in order to keep the gun on target? That's how powerful those GE GatGuns are.

Okay, you can wake up now, I'm done. :hysterical:

No, I know that it wasn't you. It was/is Stump Breaker, and I was just giving a little poop back to him, that's all. I'm glad you like the avatar. Aren't those planes great? Really underated for what they have, and can do.

Did you know that when the door gunner is raining down lead full tilt with the GatGun the plane actually drifts in the opposite direction of the fire, and the pilot has to compensate for the drift with his rudder in order to keep the gun on target? That's how powerful those GE GatGuns are.

Okay, you can wake up now, I'm done. :hysterical:

I work for a major military contractor, I like this stuff :) One article I read said that it was the most sophisticated gunship out their I can't remember the numbers but like 2 million lines of code for the onboard system.

I work for a major military contractor, I like this stuff :) One article I read said that it was the most sophisticated gunship out their I can't remember the numbers but like 2 million lines of code for the onboard system.

Yea, I heard something like that too; it really is an amazing airplane.

Hummm, let's see... You say that you work for a major military contractor in Washington State...Okay, let me guess; you work for Boeing, right?

Yea, I heard something like that too; it really is an amazing airplane.

Hummm, let's see... You say that you work for a major military contractor in Washington State...Okay, let me guess; you work for Boeing, right?

Hmmm pretty obvious I guess :)

Archived